Is Gazing a sin? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > The Hole > Absolutely Bananas

Absolutely Bananas Completely unmoderated, guest-friendly forum. A test replacement for the shoutbox.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
seventhson

Is Gazing a sin?

So I was leaving church this morning & as I was making my way to get into my crappy old pickup truck, I caught sight of a lady walking behind me on the way to her car in the parking lot I presumed...She caught my eye & I took pause. I was struck by her beauty...dumbfounded, she is jaw dropping good-looking. That happens alot here in Texas. The Babes-per-sqaure-mile is more than we brag it is. I didn't stare. I tried to look away from her into my truck, but I think I was busted. I hope she didn't notice, but if she's half as observant as she is fine, how could she not have noticed my gaze. I didn't try to approach her, speak w/ her or anything that would be too forward of me & maybe inappropriate because I am still married to the girl of my dreams who left me >3years ago. So, does anyone think it's wrong/sinful of me that I can't get that lady from church out of my mind?
I'm sure she probably disregarded/forgot my gaze before she made it to her car & hasn't given it another thought. She's probably used to it must happen all the time. Why am I asking y'all for moral, ethical advice?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:39 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

You're going to hell.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
runangl
Run Angle.

well according to some pastor i heard once Jesus said that if you do an act of sin in your thoughts its just as bad as doing it in real life. i say "according to some pastor" because i don't actually know where that is in the Bible. maybe if i looked it up i'd find it, but there ya go. so uhm.... i'll let you decide what that means.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

What the bleedin' cock? Let me get this right... you're asking us whether looking at a really hot babe is a sin? Because, well.... no!

Reality check - girls LIKE being appreciated for their beauty. If you want my moral and ethical advice then it is this: get your mind out of the bible and into the real world.

Just an opinion.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:37 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Mandy
Honourary Brit

My thoughts exactly. Life is too short to follow someone else's rules.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:53 AM   #6
seventhson

Thanks to y'all for all your feedback/replies. Reality is.

Peace
Old 09-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
seventhson

Quote:
Originally Posted by runangl
well according to some pastor i heard once Jesus said that if you do an act of sin in your thoughts its just as bad as doing it in real life. i say "according to some pastor" because i don't actually know where that is in the Bible. maybe if i looked it up i'd find it, but there ya go. so uhm.... i'll let you decide what that means.
I really didn't want to start a morality debate...I was just thinking outloud about something that was bugging me about myself.

Since you brought it up, runangl: The scripture I think you're referring to is Mathew: Chapter 5; verses 27-30 & I'm cool with that because I wasn't "lusting" after the lady I noticed, just gazing. It would be bad of me if I had made her feel uncomfortable. I don't think she even noticed/cared. Hope I don't get banned because of this. I've already been labelled a creep because I'm 42 years old, so getting ousted for being a Christian would be a rejection that I would just have to learn to accept.

Peace be with y'all
Old 09-10-2006, 09:33 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #8
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I dont think you'd be banned for being a Christian, unless Baz is satan himself.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:27 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #9
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

Liam's the satanic admin. I'm more like father christmas.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:36 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #10
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Ah. Is there much of a difference between that and Santa Claus? Cause I don't know if that's so attractive.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #11
Digital_Ice

an old man who gets children to sit on his knee in return for gifts... whats wrong with that?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #12
acliff
llama llama duck

Comedy tip no 1 to Ice:
Replace knee, with lap
Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
an old man who gets children to sit on his knee in return for gifts... whats wrong with that?
unless he is wanking with the kids on his knee.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:21 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman
unless he is wanking with the kids on his knee.
Exactly...I mean if the kid's in your lap, you can't... :icon_redf ...um, nevermind.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Arbery

gazing is fine, girls should take gazing as a compliment

We can't help it if your too beautiful! haha
Old 11-10-2006, 07:13 AM   #16
runangl
Run Angle.

if you really thought i was serious about the implications of going to hell... well then you don't really know me, do you? hahah

i'm pretty much one of the most sarcastic people i know. =/

anyways... whatever values you hold are fine by me, to each his own - or if it tickles your fancy more: whatever blows your skirt up, hun.