Batman Begins - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 19-07-2004, 04:41 AM   Senior Registered Member #21
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
Joel Schumacher made it his mission in life to utterly corrupt the Batman series on the silver screen. He took the mantle from Tim Burton and uglified it; Batman and Robin was by far the worst movie I have ever seen (you just can't have George Clooney as Bruce Wayne...it just doesn't work). I think Batman Begins will be good. They have a strong cast, and the director isn't so shabby, if he can make the movie just as well-crafted as Memento (which, by the way, was a stunning film).
True. But Joel Schumacher did wonders for The Lost Boys.
Old 19-07-2004, 04:57 AM   Officer #22
DragonRat
Officer

True, but why couldn't he do that with the Batman franchise? He just had to make everything more colorful, when the Batman comic and series was meant to be brooding and dark.

Oh, and by the way, Batman: the Animated Series, is probably the single greatest non-comedy cartoon ever to have been made. The very beginning, with the theme and scenes, are par excellence.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 05:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #23
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
True, but why couldn't he do that with the Batman franchise? He just had to make everything more colorful, when the Batman comic and series was meant to be brooding and dark.

Oh, and by the way, Batman: the Animated Series, is probably the single greatest non-comedy cartoon ever to have been made. The very beginning, with the theme and scenes, are par excellence.
If I recall correctly, that was a fat Batman. But perhaps it was just his strong body. Either way, I was unfortunate to watch the series. I may have glanced at the show from time to time, but it was nothing serious. Though I'll take your word for it, I'm sure it was great cartoon.
Old 20-07-2004, 04:57 AM   Officer #24
Renegade
Stock Boy

I loved the animated series. Very dark. Not the typical "Here's a conflict, when it's resolved, learn a good moral at the end" kinda cartoon. Plus the intro was cool .

As for the movie, it'll be good. The solid cast of stars should provide good performances. Plus the premise sounds interesting so I can't really see where this movie would go wrong.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 05:14 AM   #25
jadie

This'll be interesting.
Old 20-07-2004, 09:59 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #26
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ok...anyone who thinks X2 is better than Spiderman 2 needs help...X2 was better than X-Men, but not by much, and even the original Batman films outclassed it ffs. It just didn't FEEL like a comic book film...a good film, yes, but didn't feel right...I collected the X-men comics for as long as Spiderman ones and I actually didn't feel that the X-men films captured the X-men HALF as well as Spiderman films captured Spiderman...it's NOT about making a good film...it's about making a good COMIC BOOK ADAPTATION. Thus X-2, good film as it was, just can't touch Spiderman 2.

If you think that's wrong, you're retarded, end of. I am not having this discussion again.

On topic...the new batmobile looks...wrong...but I like the new costume...it looks like it's raw and unfinished, as it should be considering he's only just become batman.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 02:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #27
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Ok...anyone who thinks X2 is better than Spiderman 2 needs help...X2 was better than X-Men, but not by much, and even the original Batman films outclassed it ffs. It just didn't FEEL like a comic book film...a good film, yes, but didn't feel right...I collected the X-men comics for as long as Spiderman ones and I actually didn't feel that the X-men films captured the X-men HALF as well as Spiderman films captured Spiderman...it's NOT about making a good film...it's about making a good COMIC BOOK ADAPTATION. Thus X-2, good film as it was, just can't touch Spiderman 2.

If you think that's wrong, you're retarded, end of. I am not having this discussion again.

On topic...the new batmobile looks...wrong...but I like the new costume...it looks like it's raw and unfinished, as it should be considering he's only just become batman.

Agree w/ the new batmobile. It looks very different than the others in the series. And to comment on Spidey 2 > X2, we all have what I like to call, an
OPINION. Blue is better than green, PB better than jelly, X2 WAY better than S2, etc. So in my, and others, opinions, X2 is the best comic/superhero adaptation into the big screen. Period.
Old 21-07-2004, 02:50 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Sooo wrong. The X-men never even looked like the X-men at ANY point...they looked like they were extras from Batman instead...it looked like a poor remake of batman using the X-men characters than an X-men movie.

And it's not an opinion...it's a fact...my opinion is gospel
Old 21-07-2004, 02:57 AM   #29
Cycleofthemoon

Jedi

Haha, In the last pic of the post above, the one with Liam Neeson, I think he still kinda looks like a Jedi. With the robes and all. Wow, can't fight the force can ya Liam.

TOC-Taste of Chains
Cycleofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 02:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #30
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Sooo wrong. The X-men never even looked like the X-men at ANY point...they looked like they were extras from Batman instead...it looked like a poor remake of batman using the X-men characters than an X-men movie.

And it's not an opinion...it's a fact...my opinion is gospel
Whatever. I can't get this by him, maby someone else can.
At least the CGI looked "realistic" in X2, rather than crappy PS2 visuals in S2.
Old 21-07-2004, 03:05 AM   Senior Registered Member #31
Richard
Dated

ComicCons at your corners. I have seen neither X-Men or X2, so I have no part in this debate. But I enjoyed Spidey 1, and definitely enjoyed the trailer for Spidey 2. That's all.
Old 21-07-2004, 03:06 AM   Senior Registered Member #32
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
ComicCons at your corners. I have seen neither X-Men or X2, so I have no part in this debate. But I enjoyed Spidey 1, and definitely enjoyed the trailer for Spider 2. That's all.

I take it you haven't seen S2 yet Richard. It's a good movie, an 8.5/10 for me, I just preferred X2 more.
Old 21-07-2004, 11:03 AM   #33
ChocolateMoose

In the August issue of Total Film there is an article about the new Batmobile. It says:

"A crucial chunk of any Batman movie is the motor. And just as Mr. Nolan has been tweaking the elements of the Caped Crusaders visual style, he's also plumped for a complete re-invention of Bruce Wayne's favourite mode of transportation. Instead of the sleek aerodynamic lines of Burton-and-Schumacher ordered vehicles, Batman Begins will introduce The Tumbler.
In the film the car is originally concieved by the ideas of Lucius Fox (Freeman) and is intended to be a military vehicle. But after being shelved as too expensive by the Wayne Enterprises Board, its rescued by Bruce (Bale) for his use in his crime-stopping career. Producer Charles Roven calls it "a cross between a Lamborghini and a Humvee" and this squat vehicle has hidden depths. The jet-powered engine can get it travelling at more then 220mph and leap a distance of around 30ft, while weapons fans will be pleased to hear that it boasts forward firing machine guns and an aircraft style landing hook to bring it to a halt. Plus, its a fully functional machine...no CGI trickery here. As for cup holders and furry dice? Doubtful..."

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2004, 11:10 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #34
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
I take it you haven't seen S2 yet Richard. It's a good movie, an 8.5/10 for me, I just preferred X2 more.
EH? Don't tell me you'd give X-2 better than a 6 out of 10? I don't watch comic book movies for realistic CGI...ffs how realistic is it to see a guy climbing up walls? AHHH...here's a clue...IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE REALISTIC. It's SUPPOSED to look like the stuff of fantasy...that's the blooming point. The CGI in X-2 didn't make it up to that standard...simply as, as you say, it was more "realistic". Comics...realism...hmmm...think that one through again, ok mate?

I watch a comic book movie for the adaptation of the comic...X-2 was a TERRIBLE adaptation of the comic...decent film, but you can't make a comic book film without making it seem unreal. That's where X-2 failed...for me it was distinctly average, and looked like any other action film, as opposed to making something unique.

Back to the Batman discussion, which is the point of the debate (maybe start a Spiderman 2 v X-2 discussion if you like? ) I'm LOVING the fact the car is all real...still not sure about the idea of it not being sleek
Old 22-07-2004, 11:34 PM   #35
Pinkfairy

Quote:
I watch a comic book movie for the adaptation of the comic...X-2 was a TERRIBLE adaptation of the comic...decent film, but you can't make a comic book film without making it seem unreal. That's where X-2 failed...for me it was distinctly average, and looked like any other action film, as opposed to making something unique.
So X2 sucked because it seemed too real? I may be wrong, but I thought that the point of making comic book adaptions was to make them realistic, if they're not realistic we might as well stick to the comic books.
On the other hand, S2 did grab the idea better than X2. I liked both though.
Old 22-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #36
DesignatedJerk

I really don't have high hopes for bat man beginnings, yet I think it could be a very solid movie. it should be better than batman and robin. man you can only go up after that,

38th member of kk pose
DesignatedJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 01:00 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #37
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfairy
So X2 sucked because it seemed too real? I may be wrong, but I thought that the point of making comic book adaptions was to make them realistic, if they're not realistic we might as well stick to the comic books.
Yes, you're wrong...it's a case of transposing the work onto a a new environment...seeing the images MOVE...but if it's about reality then where's all the fun? The FUN of comics is the escapism...take that out of a comic book film and it's just an action film.
Old 23-07-2004, 05:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #38
frodo1511
Pin Dick

So you are going to try to prove some 100 million people that X-2 sucked, and S2 was better, hazzle? Tell me how that goes.
BTW, I do like that the batmobie will be real. Does anyone think that Christian bale will drive, or some stunt guy?
Old 23-07-2004, 08:19 AM   #39
alby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateMoose
CAN'T WAIT to see Batman Begins...Christian Bale rules! (Has anyone seen Equilibrium?!).

Here is the cast:

Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
Liam Neeson .... Ducard
Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson
Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
Gary Oldman .... Sargeant James Gordon
Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone
Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
Rutger Hauer .... Richard Earle
Sara Stewart .... Martha Wayne
Richard Brake .... Joe Chill
Linus Roache .... Dr. Thomas Wayne
Colin McFarlane .... Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb

Here are some piccies:

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page.html
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page1.html (Batman!)
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page2.html
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page3.html
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page4.html (Alfred, hehe)
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page5.html
I wasn't impressed by Christian Bale's work in American Psycho, Shaft, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, and Reign of Fire -- fairly mediocre films in my opinion.

I liked Spiderman II. I'm glad it broke the $500 million mark.
Old 23-07-2004, 11:19 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #40
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
So you are going to try to prove some 100 million people that X-2 sucked, and S2 was better, hazzle? Tell me how that goes.
BTW, I do like that the batmobie will be real. Does anyone think that Christian bale will drive, or some stunt guy?
100 million people are stupid...why should I waste my time? MOST people are stupid, sadly...that's why films like Titanic do well, that's why people think POTC is a good film when in all honesty it's an ok film with an AMAZING performance by Johnny Depp (and Keira looking gorgeous)...ANYWAY...

I hope Bale drives himself...I suspect that'll be the case as didn't I read somewhere he likes to do his own stunt work?