Batman Begins - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 18-07-2004, 06:12 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Batman Begins

This is the probable title of the new Batman film...Batman 5.

Directed by the director of Memento and Insomnia and with a cast including Christian Bale (who I think will make an excellent Batman as he has that brooding thing which he showed in American Psycho), Ken Wattanabe, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine as Alfred (ARRRR...how cool will that be?!), Cillian Murphy (28 days later...set to play the Scarecrow who is the best batman baddy after The Penguin and The Joker), Katie Holmes (mmmm), Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman.

It's a prequel to the batman films Based on how Bruce became Batman.

Now my take on this is it's going to be bloody awesome, and may well outclass Spidey 2 as the best comic book film to date. It's directed by a director who knows how to make grim brooding films, it's set before the others so it by necessity will be grimmer and the cast looks SOOO good, with Bale the perfect man to do Batman.

Anyone else really looking forward to it? Thoughts and comments welcome
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 06:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I'm really psyshced to see Begins. Batman hasen't been doing too great since Forever. Batman and Robin sucked majorly, with Clooney ruining bats' reputation, Ahnuld playing Freeze like shit, and Batgirl's cameo pointless. I thought the first one and Forever were the best of the bunch so far, all with Michael Keaton, Jack Nickalus, Jim Carrey, & Tommy Lee Jones taking roles. I'm excited to see the scarecrow, since he's my favorite villan of the Batman universe (two-face making a strong second). Anyone who likes Batman/ comic books in general should be excited about this movie to the point of peeing in your pants. This movie may even give X2 a run for best superhero movie ever.
Old 18-07-2004, 06:25 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
I'm really psyshced to see Begins. Batman hasen't been doing too great since Forever. Batman and Robin sucked majorly, with Clooney ruining bats' reputation, Ahnuld playing Freeze like shit, and Batgirl's cameo pointless. I thought the first one and Forever were the best of the bunch so far, all with Michael Keaton, Jack Nickalus, Jim Carrey, & Tommy Lee Jones taking roles. I'm excited to see the scarecrow, since he's my favorite villan of the Batman universe (two-face making a strong second). Anyone who likes Batman/ comic books in general should be excited about this movie to the point of peeing in your pants. This movie may even give X2 a run for best superhero movie ever.
Forever was SOOOO bad...they haven't been any good since Burton stopped directing them...Forever was terrible as Kilmer couldn't play Batman...TLJ was disappointing, not bad, but meh...and Jim Carrey was so below par...he's done so much better work. That's why I think "Begins" will be good as the hero and villains are all played by excellent actors (Bale, Wattanabe, Murphy)
Old 18-07-2004, 06:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Forever was SOOOO bad...they haven't been any good since Burton stopped directing them...Forever was terrible as Kilmer couldn't play Batman...TLJ was disappointing, not bad, but meh...and Jim Carrey was so below par...he's done so much better work. That's why I think "Begins" will be good as the hero and villains are all played by excellent actors (Bale, Wattanabe, Murphy)
I happen to like all three of those actors, thank you very much. well, lets put it this way: Forever was so much better than Batman And Robin, but not nearly on par with Batman/Returns.
Old 18-07-2004, 06:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
I happen to like all three of those actors, thank you very much. well, lets put it this way: Forever was so much better than Batman And Robin, but not nearly on par with Batman/Returns.
The three actors being...Kilmer, TLJ and Carrey? I like em too, just Kilmer couldn't play Batman...he's very much only capable of one type of role...the smug jerky git, like he played in Top Gun. Tommy Lee Jones is a legend, and Carrey is hilarious, just Forever was poor.

Better than Batman and Robin though, and I totally agree Returns and the original were so much better. I actually think Begins could better all of them.
Old 18-07-2004, 07:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Directed by the director of Memento

That alone is enough reason for me to go see it.
Old 18-07-2004, 07:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
frodo1511
Pin Dick

There's no guessing about it: Begins WILL be the best batman movie ever. With an all-star cast, a "true" batman-capable character(besides Keaton) and hopefully state-of-the-art f/x, it will rule. Only downfall will probably be that so many people hated Batman and Robin, & will knock this one off as crap. Remember The Matrix: Revolutions? It didn't even make half the ammount that Reloaded did.
Old 18-07-2004, 07:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #8
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Batman 5.. what an interesting title tee hee.. did you say katie holmes? *gets interested* lol

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 08:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Richard
Dated

My question is who's going to see "Catwoman"?... me neither, or if you are tell me how is it. Well I'm glad to know that a new Batman is in the works, because of how awful the previous Batman & Robin was. I tried to like it seeing that Uma Thurman was in it, but it just sucked... and I never knew Arnold was a Batman fan. I'm content to hear Cillian Murphy is going to play the villian in the film, his work in 28 Days later was awesome and hopefully he may get recognized with this project. Morgan Freeman... well alright, he makes just about any movie "good" enough to watch, at least for his performance and his bone-chilling voice. When I found out that Christian Bale was going to play Batman, the first thing I did was try and remember who he was... then I remembered American Psycho and you've got the brooding thing right. To be honest, I'm not that familiar with the whole Batman concept. What I saw from the films is just about all I know and I was amused by the series, perhaps I need to watch them again. I'm going to miss DeVito, that fat penguin that ate fish. Didn't he bleed black-blood?, weird. If I had to choose, The Joker was probably the best villian ever. Very sinister.

Did anyone else like Two-face, from Batman Forever? I know most of you hated that film, but I like Tommy Lee Jones and it was his character and Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" that made that film average.

Last edited by Richard; 18-07-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 08:29 PM   Officer #10
Mags
Officer

Mmmm...Christian Bale...let me just say for the record...phwoar.

I've been watching this guy since Newsies (anyone remember that? No? didn't think so) and I just recently saw American Psycho, which to be honest scared the shit out of me, if only because it startled me how sexy murder can be.
I saw the cover story feature on him and Batman a few weeks ago in Entertainment Weekly and I have to say that this looks like it will be the best Batman yet. I think it's a great story and that Val Kilmer and George Clooney didn't do it justice. Michael Keaton was better, just because he looks so unlike a superhero. Now, Mr. Bale is very buff, but from what I heard, this won't be the incredible bat-suit costumed hero we've seen before, but a more gritty, realistic hero. I for one am most definitely looking forward to it.

For serious.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 11:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
My question is who's going to see "Catwomen"?... me neither, or if you are tell me how is it.
Did anyone else like Two-face, from Batman Forever? I know most of you hated that film, but I like Tommy Lee Jones and it was his character and Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" that made that film average.
Thats a big no from me. I remember watching Tech TV, and someone was talking about the Catwoman game, and someone said "Electronic Arts is hoping to hit it big with Catwoman, the game based on the movie that YOU WILL NEVER, EVER SEE!!!"

Anyway, I did enjoy TLJ performance as 2-face. Not just because he's a magnificant actor, but because he brought to life one of my favorite villians in a way I could never imagine.
Old 18-07-2004, 11:40 PM   #12
Noir

bale should be excellent, he was brilliant as the dark moody guy in Equilibrium, hopefully he can be as good in this

on an aside, the majority of the film is being filmed just down the road from my house :/
Old 18-07-2004, 11:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
bale should be excellent, he was brilliant as the dark moody guy in Equilibrium, hopefully he can be as good in this

on an aside, the majority of the film is being filmed just down the road from my house :/
Which is, where, exactley?
Old 19-07-2004, 12:00 AM   #14
Noir

cardington hangers in bedford, england. big old airship hangers. been a picture or two in the paper with all the american cop/swat cars in it. they advertised for extras, unfortunately i wasn't in town when they did :/
Old 19-07-2004, 12:13 AM   Senior Registered Member #15
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
This is the probable title of the new Batman film...Batman 5.

Directed by the director of Memento and Insomnia and with a cast including Christian Bale (who I think will make an excellent Batman as he has that brooding thing which he showed in American Psycho), Ken Wattanabe, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine as Alfred (ARRRR...how cool will that be?!), Cillian Murphy (28 days later...set to play the Scarecrow who is the best batman baddy after The Penguin and The Joker), Katie Holmes (mmmm), Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman.

It's a prequel to the batman films Based on how Bruce became Batman.

Now my take on this is it's going to be bloody awesome, and may well outclass Spidey 2 as the best comic book film to date. It's directed by a director who knows how to make grim brooding films, it's set before the others so it by necessity will be grimmer and the cast looks SOOO good, with Bale the perfect man to do Batman.

Anyone else really looking forward to it? Thoughts and comments welcome

just want to add...spider-man 2 isn't the best comic book movie ever made..X2 has that title
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 12:45 AM   #16
Kyle_West

X2 was better

I dont even remember Scarecrow.....Dont yell at me. But Bale was good in Equilibrium. I liked that movie alot.
Old 19-07-2004, 01:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yeah, the scarecrow was my favorite baddie in the Animated Adventures of Batman. I believe he came into the series near it's end (cartoon-wise) so many probably don't know him.
Oh, and props for all who think X2=greatness
Old 19-07-2004, 01:18 AM   #18
ChocolateMoose

CAN'T WAIT to see Batman Begins...Christian Bale rules! (Has anyone seen Equilibrium?!).

Here is the cast:

Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
Liam Neeson .... Ducard
Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson
Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
Gary Oldman .... Sargeant James Gordon
Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone
Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
Rutger Hauer .... Richard Earle
Sara Stewart .... Martha Wayne
Richard Brake .... Joe Chill
Linus Roache .... Dr. Thomas Wayne
Colin McFarlane .... Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb

Here are some piccies:

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page.html
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page1.html (Batman!)
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page2.html
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page3.html
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page4.html (Alfred, hehe)
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page5.html

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 01:53 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
Spire
InSpire Me

The new batmobile looks retarded, but i'm still looking forward to this movie. Batman is my favorite comic book character, too bad most of the movies so far have sucked...
Old 19-07-2004, 01:56 AM   Officer #20
DragonRat
Officer

Joel Schumacher made it his mission in life to utterly corrupt the Batman series on the silver screen. He took the mantle from Tim Burton and uglified it; Batman and Robin was by far the worst movie I have ever seen (you just can't have George Clooney as Bruce Wayne...it just doesn't work). I think Batman Begins will be good. They have a strong cast, and the director isn't so shabby, if he can make the movie just as well-crafted as Memento (which, by the way, was a stunning film).

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote