Are You Willing To Sleep Your Way To The Top? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 18-07-2004, 02:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Are You Willing To Sleep Your Way To The Top?

"Pop!ular" is the latest single from Darren Hayes.. making a satire of pop music industry he sings "i want to be popular".. the video is a CLASSIC, the best music video i have seen in a while...

Credit goes to Ann, Laurina and SavagelyInsatiable...Here's the video from The Box.

http://www.s-club-8.co.uk/Popular.wmv
http://members.shaw.ca/darrenhayesin...ve/Popular.wmv
http://www.darrenhayesgoodenough.com/Popular.wmv

So...who wants to be popular? lol

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 03:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
gracie
Goddess

just being a whore doesnt make you popular, it just makes you an object of contempt. now if youre charming and already popular and you sleep around thats an entirely diffrent thing.

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 03:25 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Meh...depending on what was on offer, I'd sleep with a man if it got me what I truly desired more than anything...it's only sex after all...then again (before Gracie says it) so speaks a virgin, so maybe my view isn't worth much

(To be clear I was under the impression the topic was whether people were willing to use sex to get where they want in life..."popular" was just the tag chosen because of the song...but if I'm wrong please disregard...popularity for me is overrated)
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 03:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
Spire
InSpire Me

I'm afraid popularity isn't worth being a slut. At least to me.
Old 18-07-2004, 04:02 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

YUps thats right Haz... i just wanted to see whether anyone on here would be willing to sleep theiir way to the top etc etc.. also to check out the song and video and tell me what they think i think its farking hilarious tee hee

xXx
Old 18-07-2004, 04:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
frodo1511
Pin Dick

It depends on the situation/reward. Here's my philosophy on it:
Would you rather A: have a one night stand w/ Pamela Anderson, or
B: Have a years supply of spaghetti?

Personally, I would choose B, because spaghetti dosen't have Hepatitus C
Old 18-07-2004, 04:39 PM   #7
alby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie
just being a whore doesnt make you popular, it just makes you an object of contempt. now if youre charming and already popular and you sleep around thats an entirely diffrent thing.
LOL.

-------------

Popular like celebrity? Way to the top as who? As a corporate executive, politician, or something like a solo artist of some kind?

It doesn't seem worth it in my opinion. Sleeping around to get somewhere in those cases is just another indication of a lack of or no talent. You'd probably drop back down for failing to produce results.

This reminds me of a Jay Leno joke. John Kerry when he was a little boy often pretended that he was Robin Hood. Only John Kerry didn't steal from the rich, he slept with the Ketchup woman to become a member of the rich.

Eh, it's a free country, at least in the US. So maybe Britney Spears will end up marrying more times than J. Lo. and Liz Taylor combined.
Old 18-07-2004, 05:31 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #8
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Thats our girl

Sleeping your way to the top is generally a girl's thing. Taking advantage of guys who want to be taken advantage of. Turn it the otherway round. Bitchy cat fighting between the girls on the way to the top would hinder a guy's ascent. Sleeping with your ex's best friend? And then her best friend? Can you imagine the infinite hatred.
Old 18-07-2004, 05:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Thats our girl

Sleeping your way to the top is generally a girl's thing. Taking advantage of guys who want to be taken advantage of. Turn it the otherway round. Bitchy cat fighting between the girls on the way to the top would hinder a guy's ascent. Sleeping with your ex's best friend? And then her best friend? Can you imagine the infinite hatred.
Who said anything about sleeping with women A lot of male bosses are not so inclined as to be open to a woman's charms...
Old 18-07-2004, 06:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
gracie
Goddess

you frighten me haz

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 06:14 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
you frighten me haz
I didn't already?!?! It's my job to frighten people...KKW's resident weirdo

On topic...Bazzle...if I perform sexual favours can I get to be an admin?!
Old 18-07-2004, 06:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #12
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I think that the whole idea of sleeping with someone to get your way is a sign of weakness. I mean, why cant an actor/actress just work hard at a piece/movie/whatever to gain reknown, instead of sleeping with someone high up in the charts. I would hate to see some of my favorite actors/actresses sleep with someone just so the public can talk about them, instead of the people complaining that they haven't heard anything from them.
Makes me very damn upset...
Old 18-07-2004, 06:16 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
I think that the whole idea of sleeping with someone to get your way is a sign of weakness. I mean, why cant an actor/actress just work hard at a piece/movie/whatever to gain reknown, instead of sleeping with someone high up in the charts. I would hate to see some of my favorite actors/actresses sleep with someone just so the public can talk about them, instead of the people complaining that they haven't heard anything from them.
Makes me very damn upset...
Don't think anyone was aiming this at Keira or at actors/actresses...just at US...at the end of the day, we all are willing to whore ourselves in some way for a paycheck. How many people do jobs they loathe just for the money? Why's that any worse than sleeping with the boss to make more money? I'd consider both to be selling out, but we all sell out, so <shrugs> don't see the problem.
Old 18-07-2004, 06:25 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Don't think anyone was aiming this at Keira or at actors/actresses...just at US...at the end of the day, we all are willing to whore ourselves in some way for a paycheck. How many people do jobs they loathe just for the money? Why's that any worse than sleeping with the boss to make more money? I'd consider both to be selling out, but we all sell out, so <shrugs> don't see the problem.

I don't think so. I would rather have a job I enjoy, instead of doing something for the money. I like to have satisfaction that I contributed my skills for a better cause. If you have a job only for the sole purpose of making money/no benefit for helping others, than you shouldn't be working there.
No offense to Hollywood, BTW.
Old 18-07-2004, 06:25 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Quote:

On topic...Bazzle...if I perform sexual favours can I get to be an admin?!
Oooh you crack me up darlin lol .. very true at "A lot of male bosses are not so inclined as to be open to a woman's charms..."

xXx
Old 18-07-2004, 06:32 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
I don't think so. I would rather have a job I enjoy, instead of doing something for the money. I like to have satisfaction that I contributed my skills for a better cause. If you have a job only for the sole purpose of making money/no benefit for helping others, than you shouldn't be working there.
No offense to Hollywood, BTW.
Oh, really? So that's where I've been going wrong!

Seriously...I agree in terms of a career, but what about making money in part time work? What about work while you're at college? You don't do it because you enjoy it. What about licking your boss' arse, metaphorically? We all do it...

To be honest...I'd never do anything I wasn't happy with...but the sex might be good I mean if your boss is hot, and sleeping with her is going to get you somewhere...seems like a genius plan to me.
Old 18-07-2004, 07:06 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Oh, really? So that's where I've been going wrong!

Seriously...I agree in terms of a career, but what about making money in part time work? What about work while you're at college? You don't do it because you enjoy it. What about licking your boss' arse, metaphorically? We all do it...

To be honest...I'd never do anything I wasn't happy with...but the sex might be good I mean if your boss is hot, and sleeping with her is going to get you somewhere...seems like a genius plan to me.

Right now, I do have a summer job mowing lawns for the air base. It does get repetitive, but I like it when people complement me for a good job, rather than stocking groceries or some shit like that. Oh, I do agree with your comment on the sexy boss, Hazz, but there is no such thing in the hell hole that is Missouri
Old 18-07-2004, 07:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #18
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Quote:
I mean if your boss is hot, and sleeping with her is going to get you somewhere...seems like a genius plan to me.
Genius indeedz! now. if only we could bag some hawt boss' haha

xXx
Old 19-07-2004, 12:06 AM   #19
Noir

i dont think its his best song he's done quite good tho. video is prety good

and no, i wouldnt sleep with someone to get what i wanted
Old 19-07-2004, 12:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
Richard
Dated

So this entire thread is all about "will you sleep with someone to get what you want?" The first time I saw this topic I thought it was something about a music video, then I figured this was somekind of music thread... so I tuned out. Seems I'm wrong, but to answer the question... to be honest I haven't really thought about it. There's nothing I really want enough at the moment to sleep with somebody. But to reassure that I am a man, sex would probably be the only reason.