Domino - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 02-08-2004, 07:14 AM   Officer #1
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Post Domino

Please forgive me if this has been posted about already (I don't see any threads dedicated to the subject, but, then again, maybe it doesn't deserve its own thread), but ...

Knightley in Tony Scott's Domino
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Monday, August 2, 2004

Keira Knightley ("Pirates of the Caribbean," King Arthur) will star in Domino, an action thriller that Tony Scott will direct for New Line Cinema from a Richard Kelly script, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The trade says the real-life story centers on Domino Harvey, the daughter of actor Laurence Harvey, who starred in the original version of The Manchurian Candidate. Domino Harvey ditched a career as a Ford model to become a bounty hunter. The script is said to incorporate flashbacks, flash-forwards, and characters from Beverly Hills, 90210.

New Line will distribute the film in North America. Hadida's Metropolitan Filmexport distribution company will release the film in France, while Summit Entertainment and Davis Films are handling other foreign sales.

Principal photography is scheduled to begin next month in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, with a 2005 release planned.

Hmmm. I wonder if there is any truth to this. Paul? Hehe ....
Old 02-08-2004, 07:30 AM   Knightley News #2
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Yes, as expected Keira's gap in her diary for October to Christmas has been filled by another movie. It's in today's Variety, so it's definitely on:

New Line falls for 'Domino'
Principal photography skedded to begin Oct. 4

HOLLYWOOD -- Tony Scott will direct and Keira Knightley will star in "Domino" for New Line.
Penned by "Donnie Darko" writer-director Richard Kelly, "Domino" is based on the true story of Domino Harvey, the daughter of actor Laurence Harvey. A former Ford model, she rejected her life in Beverly Hills to become a bounty hunter.

Scott and Samuel Hadida are producing the picture, which Hadida is financing. Principal photography is scheduled to begin Oct. 4, with shoots in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Hadida's Metropolitan Filmexport will release the film in France, while Summit Entertainment and Davis Films are handling other foreign sales.

"Domino" is a Davis Films/Scott-Free production. New Line production president Toby Emmerich is overseeing the project for the studio.

Scott and Hadida collaborated on "True Romance" (1993) and "Spy Game" (2001).

Hadida brought the project to New Line, which has long utilized Metropolitan as its French distribdistrib.

Scott most recently directed "Man on Fire."

Most recently starring in "King Arthur," Knightley will star opposite Adrien Brody in "The Jacket" and will topline "Pride and Prejudice."

Hadida's other 2004 productions include "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" and "The Bridge of San Luis Rey," starring Robert De NiroRobert De Niro.

Time to update the filmography again :-)
If Tulip Fever is still on, it will have to be January to March, which casts new questions over the rumoured January start for Pirates 2.

Paul
Old 02-08-2004, 08:09 AM   #3
frontier219
Newcomer

Talking

There's another film for me to go and watch

That should be really good (should? more like will!)
frontier219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
Edward

ohhh, Tony Scott, the guy who's doing Emma's War (Nicole Kidman) and Top Gun..lol
Old 02-08-2004, 12:11 PM   Knightley News #5
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

There's not much out there on Ms. Harvey, but here's a good description of the draft script (sold on 16th October 2001, so it's been hanging around, but not as long as The Jacket, which was penned back in '98):
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/cele...el20040723.htm

And here's an interview with Richard Kelly in which he talks about the project:
http://romanticmovies.about.com/cs/d...kellyint_3.htm

Paul
Old 02-08-2004, 04:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Elijahfan

there's basically the same info on the movie at Empire website too. that's awesome that the Donnie Darko writer on it. should be an interesting script and story.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:20 PM   Knightley News #7
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Read what movie guru Harry Knowles has to say about the Domino script he's seen.

Princess Of Thieves IT AIN'T !!!! :
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14462

Paul
Old 02-08-2004, 05:46 PM   First Class Member Officer #8
Sarah
Nice

Goodness me, Keira really is hot property these days! The only way is up for that girl!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #9
MISHA
Newcomer

It will be HoT project/

www.keiraknightleyfan.tk
MISHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:53 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Stars

I've noticed that besides PotC and Love Actually, Keira is never really in movies with a lot of big star power. Domino is no exception. Do you think this hurts her power to draw the public to the movies?
Old 03-08-2004, 02:55 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
Elijahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
I've noticed that besides PotC and Love Actually, Keira is never really in movies with a lot of big star power. Domino is no exception. Do you think this hurts her power to draw the public to the movies?
i would consider star wars big power, or at least it had a big draw, considering it was star wars, ewan mcgregor and natalie portman, even if she did have a small role

it's not out yet, but the jacket has adrien brody, he might not be box office star power but he's got an oscar

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:45 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
Narg
Westie Yobbo

This movie is going to rock, just read up on it, loved donnie darko, i think this might be keiras best movie yet!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:28 PM   First Class Member Officer #13
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
What about King Arthur? Keira's been in quite a few big movies. But enough of this, lets keep this thread on-topic.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
Richard
Dated

You damn right this movie is going to rock, Keira is coming to LA again. Finally, my side of the country.

I lucked out on the PoTC premiere. But not this time...
Old 04-08-2004, 02:41 AM   #15
Chrystal219

this means another American accent, doesn't it? she must be good at them, with The Jacket and all!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #16
Spire
InSpire Me

This movie is going to rock my face.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:06 AM   #17
alby

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
The script is said to incorporate flashbacks, flash-forwards, and characters from Beverly Hills, 90210.
90210 as in the show? Say it ain't so.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #18
danny cool
Newcomer

i hate is when actors/ actresses have to play sombody from a diffrent country.shes got a really nice british voice
Old 04-08-2004, 10:58 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #19
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

It's called acting mate...it's how she'll actually get some credit for her talent...because to be honest I'm sick and tired of hearing how she just stands around looking pretty...not seen KA yet but I KNOW she doesn't just stand around looking pretty in that and she still got slammed.

This actually sounds like another kick-arse movie. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is her first relatively modern major film in a while...what with P & P obviously being a period piece, with The Jacket being set in 50's, I believe, with KA obviously being historical...and then Pirates. Course there was Love Actually, but that was made before Pirates...so I think since she started filming Pirates she hasn't filmed a modern piece yet. Oh well...may be wrong...Paul'll probably correct me.

And no, the 90210 reference is not to the show, but the lifestyle, if I understood Knowles' article properly.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:50 AM   Knightley News #20
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Yes I think 90210 refers to the Beverly Hills postcode, symbolic of the glitzy lifestyle Domino enjoyed (or rather didn't) before she chucked it all in. I still keep thinking of Boba Fett when I read 'Bounty Hunter' though.

As for the contemporary thing, The Jacket is now set after the Gulf War, I believe, so that's early '90s. The original script had it set during Vietnam.

But Domino will be Keira's second consecutive title role, with P & P, and her third if you include PoThieves.

Paul