Bush: Hate Him or Love Him (split from UK terror thread) - Page 5 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 17-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #81
AureaMediocritas

The Bush problem will be solved anyway since he will not be elected three times
like Roosevelt. Or is there a legal possibility ? I would appreciate if someone
could clarify (although it admittedly is off-topic).
Old 17-08-2006, 04:32 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #82
Foeni

Before Roosevelt you just didn't run for president more than twice. Now it's a law.
And he had four terms.
Foeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 04:33 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #83
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

The problem you lefties have is the Republicans will win the next Presidential race anyway. So it'll be roughly the same people behind the scenes, just a new face
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #84
AureaMediocritas

Okay thank you very much. And righty Haz, despite the fact that you are
right as always, I would nevertheless appreciate a new face that does not
make me laugh by its mere semi-moronic (drop the semi if you like) behaviour.
Old 17-08-2006, 07:33 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #85
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Oh well in that case it's more Nagin's fault than I initially thought..oh and thank you Hazzle.
Actually, I think most of the blame can be laid at the feet of the state legislature (or whatever they call it in steamy Quebec) for the most part. It's that bunch, who over the last few decades, were most responsible for what happened (or, more importantly, didn't happen) to the levees.
Nagin and Blanco just put a sound-byte style face on the general unpreparedness of the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana.
There's a reason your state was able to step up and handle the amount of refugees that it did. Texas had a plan, and they followed it.
Old 17-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #86
wishingtobefamous

i have to say this. i think bush is a complete and total moron. his trem has completely devastated our economy here. but he really doesnt give a crap because he has millions of dollars. im pretty sure you all know this but the us has massive oil reserves in the gulf and those need to be tapped. right now the excuse is that they were damaged during katrina. that may be the case but its been almost a full year shouldnt the problems have been fixed? the anwser is yes. bush is enjoying these high oil prices because he owns an oil comapny so he is making lots of money off of this.
Old 17-08-2006, 09:07 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #87
Foeni

That was just like listening to an average left-wing Danish 16-year-old.

I suppose Bush went to war in Iraq to finish his father's job?
Foeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 09:28 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #88
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingtobefamous
i have to say this. i think bush is a complete and total moron. his trem has completely devastated our economy here. but he really doesnt give a crap because he has millions of dollars. im pretty sure you all know this but the us has massive oil reserves in the gulf and those need to be tapped. right now the excuse is that they were damaged during katrina. that may be the case but its been almost a full year shouldnt the problems have been fixed? the anwser is yes. bush is enjoying these high oil prices because he owns an oil comapny so he is making lots of money off of this.
Hmm... I'll ask a couple of questions which should give away what I think of what you just said.

Do you have anything to back the above up?
Do you even read?
Have you even read this thread and noticed the huge difference in quality between your posts and others?
Do you even realise how naively derivative you sound?
Old 17-08-2006, 10:07 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #89
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Holy fucking shit...you call him a moron and then misspell "term"?

1. The dot-com collapse followed by 9/11 "devestated" our economy. And now, due to Bush's tax cuts, the economy is humming along pretty good. If you knew anything but what they tell you on MT fucking V, you'd know that tax cuts stimulate the economy, period. Unemployment, for all of the lather created by the left, is about as low as it can get. It was at about 5.3 percent throughout the Clinton administration...which the media portrayed as low. You know what it's been running now? Right about the same...about 5.4 percent. Of course, now, because it's Bush in the White House, we hear about how high it is.

2. Oil reserves in the Gulf? If the fucking leftist enviro-weenies would let us drill more in the Gulf it wouldn't be the problem that it is. Of course, the real problem isn't crude, but rather the fact that we haven't built any new refineries in the last few decades. Why not? Because of far too strict environmental restrictions. You want cheaper gas? Build more refineries.
Old 18-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #90
wishingtobefamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad

2. Oil reserves in the Gulf? If the fucking leftist enviro-weenies would let us drill more in the Gulf it wouldn't be the problem that it is. Of course, the real problem isn't crude, but rather the fact that we haven't built any new refineries in the last few decades. Why not? Because of far too strict environmental restrictions. You want cheaper gas? Build more refineries.

i was speaking of the reserves we have down there not more drill sites. down there is an area we keep procesed gasoline in the case of a gas shortage or a national crisis. theres enough gasoline down there to suport the entire nation (by it self) for months. dot you think we can dip into that when its costing us as much as it is?
Old 18-08-2006, 11:22 AM   Senior Registered Member #91
ryan

Quote:
i was speaking of the reserves we have down there not more drill sites. down there is an area we keep procesed gasoline in the case of a gas shortage or a national crisis. theres enough gasoline down there to suport the entire nation (by it self) for months. dot you think we can dip into that when its costing us as much as it is?
for months?
okay, let's burn all of our reserves now so we save 25 cents per gallon. awesome trade.

gas can go up another 50 cents a gallon and it wouldn't impact most people. another $5 a week...who gives a fuck?
cut out one fatass mcdonalds meal a week and you've already saved that $5 back.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 11:58 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #92
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
for months?
okay, let's burn all of our reserves now so we save 25 cents per gallon. awesome trade.

gas can go up another 50 cents a gallon and it wouldn't impact most people. another $5 a week...who gives a fuck?
cut out one fatass mcdonalds meal a week and you've already saved that $5 back.
Not to mention the money and gas saved by not driving to macdonalds in the first place.
Old 18-08-2006, 12:44 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #93
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Oh, well...that's a much better plan. That way we can save a nickel a gallon and then drop our nuts into a vice come winter heating season.
Besides, you still have to refine it. There are almost 700 million barrels. Roughly 300 million of those barrels are sweet crude, but you still haven't got the refinery capacity.
I realize that when you get your news from move on dot org, you have the image of Bush and Cheney greedily rubbing their hands together as they keep the American public away from their magic gasoline spigot, but that's not really how it works. Those reserves are for emergencies...you know...like all out war in the middle east and a complete shutdown of oil production. Three dollars a gallon is not an emergency.
Maybe if we, as Americans, showed a bit more restraint when it comes to what we drive, demand wouldn't be so high. I don't mean we all need to drive hybrids, but there is no conceivable reason that anyone needs to drive a Hummer on a public road.
Old 18-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #94
wishingtobefamous

This is true the hummer is a useless civilian vehicle that should not be seen on the road only in combat. and where i got this information was when they did a special on it on the history channel. that gas is already all refined.
Old 18-08-2006, 05:19 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #95
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

And what's refined is being used. If it wasn't the oil price would be even higher, I assure you, as I've seen it drop $8 a barrel in front of my eyes.

The oil market isn't quite as simple as you make out. The geopolitical situation is what ramped the price up in the first place. Oil's natural value is around $50-55 a barrel but there's about $20-$25 risk premium built into the market right now because of the issues in the Middle East. Using your reserves too quickly is very risky given the situation in the Middle East, and should all-out war break loose and you have no reserves, the price of oil could shoot up over $80 a barrel, and some doomers even project $100 a barrel. That would basically double your price at the pump.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 06:48 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #96
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
This is true the hummer is a useless civilian vehicle that should not be seen on the road only in combat. and where i got this information was when they did a special on it on the history channel. that gas is already all refined.
If it's already refined, why would Schumer and Durbin propose creating a federal gasoline reserve? There is gasoline at the refineries waiting to go to market, but that's what's called inventory. The refineries have reserve stock to ensure that they just don't flat run out, but even that is strained and causing prices to rise according to Bloomberg.
There isn't any sort of government reserve system for gasoline.
You want to wait a couple of hours to buy five gallons of gas at less than two bucks a gallon? Get the fed involved. That's what happened in the seventies. Anytime the federal government begins dictating the terms in a free market economy, production plummets, supply is crippled and demand forces shortages.
Old 20-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #97
Leah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Texas had a plan, and they followed it.
You mean when Rita hit Galveston?? Yeah that's true. (Question *because I've never actually known* did anyone actually die in Rita from the actual hurricane?) Galveston had a very good plan. Houston on the other hand flipped shit and got themselves into more trouble trying to get out than they would have been if they'd just stayed in Houston. My aunt stayed and she barely flooded.
Old 21-08-2006, 03:00 AM   #98
Lacy

I know this hasn't got much to do with what yall are all talking about, but I work at a grocery store and today this lady that had to weigh atleast 300lbs and her 7 year old child who weighed more than me, I'm sure, came in and bought $300 worth of groceries, mostly junk food. It didn't bother me until she whipped out her food stamps card. Now, I am completely against rasicm, so when I say this I want you to know I am in no way being racist. She was Mexican, and spoke no english. She most likely moved here recently (I'm assuming because she didn't know english). So what really ticked me off was that she moved into my country and eats my food for basically nothing. Now, I understand if you are poor and you need to buy the necessities, but this woman was (pardon me) gigantic, as was her child. And they "spent" $300 on JUNK FOOD. I'm sorry, I really just needed a place to vent, it really ticked me off this afternoon. Gah.

Wow, I just read that and it is pretty choppy and doesn't make a whole lot of sense...I'm too worn out to redo it but you can atleast get the jest of what I am saying.
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 03:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #99
Swordsman
Voted Best!

So, you hate illegal aliens and obesity?

I think maybe 150 or so people died from hurricane Rita.(just sort of skimmed the real topic)
Old 21-08-2006, 03:49 AM   #100
Lacy

I don't hate, but I exremely dislike illegals. I'm not sure if people were paying attention to the protests, but they were saying they hated America, they had our flag upside down, dissing our country as a whole. If America is as bas as they are saying, why did they risk their lives and cross the border? They don't pay taxes and they get free medical care. Who pays for their medical care? Tax paying LEGAL Americans. Yes, it is a hot button issue with me. As for obesity, I have no problem with it other than the fact that it is unhealthy, and it's not me to decide if they choose to live unhealthy like that. What bugged me was that she obviously had enough food to eat, and so did her child, and yet she used food stamps and got food for free. It doesn't make much sense to me. Not only was it free food. It was free JUNK, not even healthy stuff. Gah.
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote