TV show discussion/fight - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #21
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
poker is great (if it's the WSOP).
Not if you don't play poker. I'd rather watch paint dry...or David Caruso do Shakespeare. I play golf, and therefore, I like to watch golf. However, I completely understand that most people would rather watch the aforementioned paint drying tournament on the Ocho, than watch golf.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Not if you don't play poker. I'd rather watch paint dry...or David Caruso do Shakespeare. I play golf, and therefore, I like to watch golf. However, I completely understand that most people would rather watch the aforementioned paint drying tournament on the Ocho, than watch golf.
well, yeah. most people wouldn't watch a sport they're not interested in. :P
a huge amont of people play/watch poker now (which is both good and bad, imo), so i can see why espn has it everywhere.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #23
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
I'm nothing if not for my bold statements.
Now I would have believed you if you made a Ari - Lloyd line like:

'I'll give you 10000 yen to shut the fuck up"

I would have cried.
Ari/Llyod comments are great, but his one-liners when talking with his wife or Eric are golden.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:15 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
well, yeah. most people wouldn't watch a sport they're not interested in. :P
a huge amont of people play/watch poker now (which is both good and bad, imo), so i can see why espn has it everywhere.
Actually, my grandmother watches golf because it's quiet and pretty.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:19 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #25
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I'm addicted to all the shows on Bravo right now...

Workout
Blowout
Inside the Actor's Studio
Project Runway
Real Howewives of Orange County (When it was still on)

There may be more, but I just generally love everything on that channel.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:18 AM   Senior Registered Member #26
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Blow Out is sucha funny show, as is The Soup because it constantly makes fun of Blow Out. Always Sunny In Philadelphia is goddamn hilarious.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:15 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #27
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Yeah it's funny watching it thinking there's been no other straight man as gay as he is.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #28
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Yeah it's funny watching it thinking there's been no other straight man as gay as he is.
Michael Ian Black?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:30 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #29
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Inside the Actor's Studio is excellent.

Poker is excellent (but then I play) whilst Golf does suck royally. Sports OTHER than golf are worth watching. Even Basketball in a pinch, although I generally don't like to watch it. Cricket and football. Formula One, but only if I have 3 hours spare. It's a bit much and I'd rather watch 3 hours of Test Cricket if the choice is there.

Oh, and Sex And The City blows HUGE chunks. Even the gorgeous Kim Cattrall (how good does she look for 50?! Too old for my tastes but she must be a pin-up to guys of that age. Only hope my future wife ages that well) and Kristin Davis (mmm, yummy. She may be 31 but I still would) and even Cynthia Nixon (who's alright for a woman of 40) can't distract from the huge nose of Sarah Jessica Parker (there are Eagles jealous of that beak) or the abysmal script.

Kitchen Confidential (produced by the creator of Sex and The City) is actually better.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:44 AM   #30
J.R.

My Favorite TV show is XPlay, a gaming show on G4tv, I've been watching this show for years now and I like it because they review video games and inject some humor into it. Although, the show is going downhill(mainly because the network it on sucks with the exceptiopn of XPlay)

The Show I hate with the burning passion of 1000 Flames(Nice intro eh?) is Queer Eye of the straight guy. When I go to my dad's house my step-mother is always watching the damn show, i don't know why. but for some reason it seems like thats the only thing thats ever on the TV.Also, The The main guy in the show's voice makes my ears bleed.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #31
Katielondon
Jezebel

i think Nip/Tuck has been my favorite show since it started.
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:57 AM   Senior Registered Member #32
Pygmalion
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielondon
i think Nip/Tuck has been my favorite show since it started.
yyyyyyyyyyes Nip/Tuck is awesome-its not on here anymore.

I really like "The Chaser's War On Everything" especially when that guy Chaz got arrested for selling fake weapons and ruffies to people going into a rugby game.

I HATE "Everybody Loves Raymond" and I have no idea why. I think its just one of those irrational things.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #33
Swordsman
Voted Best!

I just bought the Boondocks the Complete First Season on DVD today after only seeing about 5 episodes. I am very happy i bought. It's just shot up to my favorite cartoon of all time. For serious.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:02 AM   #34
runangl
Run Angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmalion
I HATE "Everybody Loves Raymond" and I have no idea why. I think its just one of those irrational things.
tis NOT irrational. i HATE that show as well. i seriously think it should be renamed "everybody hates raymond"

and WHY THE HELL did the WB put two episodes of i hate raymond over the good old two episodes of friends? friends could kick raymond's ass any day.

oh... and i love sex and the city. yah, it's over already - but it ended on a relatively good note, and SJP is seriously my hero. well as much as she can be without a bra =P
Old 07-08-2006, 07:42 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #35
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Women, SATC and SJP. Is there a single bigger cliche in the whole world?

It's proof you lot should never be allowed to rule the world.

Everybody Hates Raymond is bad, but not THAT bad. Seinfeld's worse, I don't get what the hype about that show is. It's pretty piss poor.

On the "everybody hates" idea, Everybody Hates Chris is hilarious.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #36
Pygmalion
Pissed

I agree that "Seinfeld" is worse than "Everybody Loves Raymond", but I know a lot of people who're obsessed with it.
I'm totally devo that they pulled the plug on "Wheel of Fortune" which was something my family could bond over (sad but true) and replaced it with re-runs of "Mash" which is a show I loathe.
On reality television, this lady I was sitting next to in the hairdressers used to tape "Big Brother Up Late" and watch it at her leisure during the day. GOD.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 06:22 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #37
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Never mind the buzzcocks.

(Thanks to Ice's nifty skybox thingy)
Old 13-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #38
MrPink

Agree with Cliff bout QI, fucking awesome show. alan davies and stephen fry are awesome. thing is with that show is that i actually remember the facts that come out of it, no matter how needless. i also love a question of sport. as i'm a sporty guy and watch a lot of sport so it's really up my street.

I despise all forms of reality, from big brother to super fucking nanny. my mother isnists on wathcing them an i go fucking mental. what really annoys me about it is that they really arn't reality at all. the situations that these people are put in are just not real so how can it be a reality tv show. What you are doing when you are watching them is disturbing, think about it. how bored must u be to watch bored people? (big brother for example)
Old 13-08-2006, 11:14 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #39
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Nevermind The Buzzcocks is hilarious.

Question of Sport is decent, but They Think It's All Over is better.
Old 13-08-2006, 11:35 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #40
Digital_Ice

you havn't watched telly until you've watched transatlanitic shows via Ice's msn sky feed (patent pending)