TV show discussion/fight - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 07:13 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
TV show discussion/fight

Extension of the TV show brawl.
Superhero discussion in the other thread. Fuckwits to keep out of this one. If you don't I'm going to have a field day.
Of course all of what you say will be opinions except for phrases like 'Jessica Alba is uberhot' which should really be in an encyclopaedia somewhere, or maybe carved into a great stone tablet of truths.

What is your favourite TV show and why?
What TV shows do you hate and why?
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:28 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Heh. Especially at "discussion/fight". Genius.

Erm right now? Probably Criminal Minds. As for why, I think Bruckheimer's made excellent crime shows (the CSI stable, Without a Trace etc) but with Criminal Minds he's put together an excellent cast and given them immensely intriguing characters to play. The plots are interesting and the concept for me ties together the very best of all his other shows. There's forensics (CSI) but the profiling isn't that dissimilar to the way they try and work out where a person is in Without a Trace by building up a "profile" of them.

As for hate...too many to list. There's so much crap on. But if Big Brother counts than that all-pervading tripe fest has to be it. It's gotten worse with each series and this time I've just refused to watch it. I don't care if it's everywhere, I'll just ignore it. Or try to anyway. That's the most hateful thing about it, it's EVERYWHERE.

Last edited by Hazzle; 03-08-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
Swordsman
Voted Best!
 
Swordsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DIY LV
Posts: 514
Law & Order and the Boondocks. Law & Order, people get what's coming to them and it's one dramatic ass awesome thing to watch. Boondocks, because... i'm not too sure why, it's just halarious.

I hate Mind Of Mencia because he just tries to hard to be offensive. He wants to be Dave Chappelle, but he just can't do it. He's gotta try less.
__________________
Fuck the punk scene, up the punk community.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
Greg21
Newcomer
 
Greg21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 16
Conan O'brien is hilarious; he does whatever he wants on that show in his own goofy, crazy style. Friends is the best show ever, everyone knows that. Other then that I don't watch many tv shows.
Greg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:11 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
marine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: France
Posts: 486
My favorite Tv Show is Gilmore Girls, because Lorelei girls rock and I don't care how stupid that explication may sound. The dialogues are funny as hell and witty.

As for hatred, I'm starting to hate the reality period (centered around music) that we get in France every year. Each September we get "Star Academy", some people wanting to make it big in the music world, who take classes in a genre of Fame academy and are filmed 22 hours, 7 days a week. I admit I kind of watched the first season, which wasn't all that good but frankly it's starting to get annoying. The worst part of this tv show is its animator/frontman.
marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #6
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Ohh without a trace is quite good.
The thing that bugs me a little about these crime programs is that they are very linear. Its not really their fault, as evidence is presented chronologically. I suppose I prefer to have all of the information at the beginning and try to guess for myself. Of course it is alot easier for this to happen if the 'mystery' is spread over a number of episodes, or even a series.

Which is why my favourite TV show is probably Veronica Mars. It appeals to my unintelligent side: pretty girls, good music, jokes, and my supa brainee side: almost unparalleled dialogue, the best dad on television (he would wipe the floor with sandy cohen), great scripts, a very well balanced mix of series continuation, one off, off key episodes. Oh and its worth mentioning that Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) is probably the cutest person that has ever walked the earth.

I adore QI, its mixture of wildly obscure knowledge, bizarre comedy, usually produced by bill bailey and high quality funnymen. Alan Davis plays the stupid one in a charmingly amusing way.

Oh, top gear is great television also.

I HATE those reality TV shows with misbehaving children in it. That includes supernanny, Coping with the spawn of Satan (not an actual program, but a name to encompass all of the little crunts that throw plates for the hell of it and bite their parents) and Big Brother.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:55 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Kristen Bell IS cute. And I've been seriously tempted to watch Veronica Mars but worried it'd end up being pap. Not quite sure how to take a recommendation from you as we don't always see eye-to-eye on TV shows but what you described seems interesting enough. Might watch an episode and take it from there.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #8
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Criminal Minds... immensely intriguing characters
Oh so wrong, so so wrong. Only Gideon is in anyway interesting, the show is good but only for the fact you get a new type of fucked up criminal every week, very informative.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:39 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #9
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Ducky will back me up on how good Veronica Mars is.
Although I don't think you deserve to watch it.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:49 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #10
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Reid's fascinating. And the criminals are characters too Frank
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:06 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #11
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
No they aren't, and even if they were, they are poorly characterised outside their psychoses (there is more to a nutter than their particularly fucked up aspects).

On the Veronica Mars thing, I heartily endorse it, it is one of my three favourite current shows (that aren't The Wire, which is only on irregularly due to it being on HBO).
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:08 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #12
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
Also, as Leonie may have mentioned (and marine), gilmore girls is excellent, I have been catching up on it over summer (just starting season 4 and it is all good up 'til now).
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:10 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
I can't stomach most television. I used to watch ER, but it just became too much of a soap opera for my tastes. I've tried other brands, but the CSIs and Law and Orders bore me. Every once in a while, I'll watch CSI-Miami, but that's simply the result of the reflex that makes me turn to look at a wreck or type rotten dot com into my web browser. David Caruso's dinner-theatre inspired acting elicits that sort of morbid curiosity.
That said, I would gladly sit through every piece of DVD evidence that David Caruso, does in fact, have a career in show business, rather that watch any sort of reality television. Reality television reached its apex at its inception with the original Real World, and has been in the sort of downward spiral that leaves skidmarks on the bisque porcelain of the toilet we call television ever since.
My Name is Earl and The Office are my only indulgences outside of the History Channel, History International, Discovery and a little HGTV/Food. I do love me some Giada DeLaurentiis. Oh, and sporting events, although the ESPNs have been over-run by the plague of locusts, otherwise known as poker.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:20 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
My Name is Earl is excellent. Hilarious.

Actually I tell you what is a great show. Curb Your Enthusiasm. That really IS funny.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #15
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
SEX AND THE CITY. Because it's amazing and their lives are fabulous and SJP is the coolest lady ever.

I also really love Prison Break, and Entourage.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:17 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Right now it's Entourage...because Ari Gold is an older (and richer) version of me.

Smart, funny dialoge, gorgeous women, good acting, tons of cameos...brillant.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
I can't stomach most television. I used to watch ER, but it just became too much of a soap opera for my tastes. I've tried other brands, but the CSIs and Law and Orders bore me. Every once in a while, I'll watch CSI-Miami, but that's simply the result of the reflex that makes me turn to look at a wreck or type rotten dot com into my web browser. David Caruso's dinner-theatre inspired acting elicits that sort of morbid curiosity.
That said, I would gladly sit through every piece of DVD evidence that David Caruso, does in fact, have a career in show business, rather that watch any sort of reality television. Reality television reached its apex at its inception with the original Real World, and has been in the sort of downward spiral that leaves skidmarks on the bisque porcelain of the toilet we call television ever since.
My Name is Earl and The Office are my only indulgences outside of the History Channel, History International, Discovery and a little HGTV/Food. I do love me some Giada DeLaurentiis. Oh, and sporting events, although the ESPNs have been over-run by the plague of locusts, otherwise known as poker.
Giada is fucking smoking...omg.
and poker is great (if it's the WSOP).
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:36 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #18
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
Right now it's Entourage...because Ari Gold is an older (and richer) version of me.

Smart, funny dialoge, gorgeous women, good acting, tons of cameos...brillant.
Ari is better than you in the following ways:
Funnier
More obnoxious
Smarter
Cooler
Full of personality.

But other than that, you're identical
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #19
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Ari is better than you in the following ways:
Funnier
More obnoxious
Smarter
Cooler
Full of personality.

But other than that, you're identical
quite a bold statement from someone who has not met me
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:54 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #20
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
quite a bold statement from someone who has not met me
I'm nothing if not for my bold statements.
Now I would have believed you if you made a Ari - Lloyd line like:

'I'll give you 10000 yen to shut the fuck up"

I would have cried.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.