Keira's Agent - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 25-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
brownplayboy310
Newcomer

Keira's Agent

Does anyone know how I can contact Keira's agent? I'm in the process of writing a screenplay and I have the perfect part for her. She was actually the person I had in mind for the part. I want to get in touch with her agent ASAP before she makes any new commitments. This role will get her an Oscar for best supporting actress if she can handle it.
brownplayboy310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 07:13 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #2
Foeni

Register at IMDBpro. You should be able to see the contact information for her agent.
Old 25-07-2006, 10:10 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Or try the "contact" link for PFD on the front page.

Her agent (last I checked) is Lindy King.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 10:38 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

You might have a wonderful screenplay, but unless you have the financial clout and reputation to produce funding for an entire movie, you won't get anywhere. Best of luck all the same.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
Psuedo-Black

Is that really how movies start out though? Like someone writes the movie and then picks up some people and decides to do it? Like just like that?
Old 25-07-2006, 11:02 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuedo-Black
Is that really how movies start out though? Like someone writes the movie and then picks up some people and decides to do it? Like just like that?
That's how Kevin Smith did Clerks. He maxed out his credit cards to do it.
Sometimes, getting a script read by talent gets a project greenlighted simply because the talent wants to do it. Keira's currently #2 on the IMDB starmeter, so, theoretically, if she were to read his script and love it, it could get produced, based simply on the fact that she wants to star in it.
Generally, though, a writer needs to start out writing low-budget films that independent producers can afford to make. That's the tack that I am taking at the moment.
Old 26-07-2006, 12:32 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #7
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownplayboy310
This role will get her an Oscar for best supporting actress if she can handle it.
Now *that* is confidence in your work!
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 06:37 AM   #8
blastedew
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuedo-Black
Not really, some cases its very rare
movie is produced by the movie company.
like warner bros or disney. and the producers
propose a contract and they support them with funds and movis.
producers can only do this becuz not any body can go to holywood
and knock on the door of warner bros and give them the proposal
blastedew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #9
blastedew
Newcomer

and everyone keeps saying keira is #2 in starmeter in imdb??
where does it say.
mine says shes 8th
blastedew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 09:34 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #10
Digital_Ice

dont... double... .post.
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #11
Sandra

Quote:
Does anyone know how I can contact Keira's agent? I'm in the process of writing a screenplay and I have the perfect part for her. She was actually the person I had in mind for the part. I want to get in touch with her agent ASAP before she makes any new commitments. This role will get her an Oscar for best supporting actress if she can handle it.
You'll need an agent yourself. Then your agent has to pimp your screenplay to a studio who will pick it up, and then the casting producer will contact Key's agent. I guess if your screenplay gets picked up by a studio, your agent can send it to Key's agent. If Keira likes it and really wants it, she might fight to get the part.
It's hardly the person who writes the screenplay who gets to cast it.
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
brownplayboy310
Newcomer

why?

why are there so many dream-killers on this board?
Old 26-07-2006, 07:27 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #13
Foeni

It's not about dream-killing. It's about being a little realistic, people are just telling you how it works to help you.
Old 26-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
Sandra

Quote:
It's like Foeni said. I personally didn't make my post to kill your dream. I think it's great that you have written a screenplay and you would like Keira play a part in that.
But then again I think you should tone down the "This role will get her an Oscar for best supporting actress if she can handle it."

I want to get in the movie biz aswell, and I've tried writing many screenplays and never ended finishing one. I guess I don't have the attention span at the mo and thats why I'm getting into directing instead. You should register for an IMDB account, then you can get contact with people and learn about the biz.

It's just about being realistic and knowing how things work. Good luck!
Old 26-07-2006, 08:09 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #15
Foeni

Registering at IMDBpro would be a good idea. I think there's a phone number to her agent there, instead of just the adress you can find on KKW. Not entirely sure, though. I just know that some agents have their phone number on IMDB. And a good luck from Denmark as well.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:29 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
It's not dream-killing...it's called reality.
If you have a screenplay written, take a really hard look at it before you start submitting it to agents. Is it formatted properly? Is it free of any and all errors? If you think it's ready, let a few other people read it and make sure. You don't want to send out a screenplay to several agencies that's loaded with grammatical errors. That's a sure way to make sure your screenplay goes straight in the circular file.
Of course, before you send a screenplay to an agent, you'll need to send a query letter. If they are interested in what you have, they'll contact you.
Here is a handy guide to going about this process. Of course, before you send it out you'll need to copywright it. I've been told that registering your script through the WGA is the only way to go. Many agencies and studios won't even look at a script that's been registered anywhere but the WGA. That includes the Library of Congress.
If you're thinking about sending a script to a studio. Stop. Don't.
I've been told that most studios throw those scripts directly into the trash. They won't even open them, for fear of being sued. You can thank Art Buchwald for this development. After he sued Eddie Murphy over Coming to America, studios got very skittish about looking at anything that didn't come from an agent through the proper channels.

You could always send your script to Keira's agent and hope that;
A. She (the agent) doesn't dump it in the garbage straightaway.
B. She actually passes the script on to Keira.
C. Keira takes the time to read it.
D. Likes it.
E. Is willing to play a supporting role in it.
F. Is willing to help produce it.
G. Is, at the very least, willing to get it to producers.

You could also hope that Keira crawls into bed with you tonight.
Old 27-07-2006, 12:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
kingdumbass

If she was willing to go through all the trouble of getting a movie produced, she could just get her mum to write one....
I don't think he has quite that much clout, anyway.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #18
brownplayboy310
Newcomer

i doubt that her mum could tell the same story that i am telling.
Old 27-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #19
Sandra

Quote:
i doubt that her mum could tell the same story that i am telling.
Old 27-07-2006, 08:30 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #20
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
He's not the first...and he won't be the last.
I'll admit it, a couple of the screenplays I've written, I envision Keira in the lead role as I am writing. However, if I sell one, they can cast Judi Dench in it for all I care. I just want to get paid.