I'm so hot. - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2006, 03:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
I'm so hot.

37 degrees.

Despite being a Londoner, apparently thats an actually hot temperature.
Whats the weather like where you are?
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 03:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #2
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
Appalling. Tomorrow is going to be even worse apparently. Joy.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
calereneau
Member
 
calereneau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 241
98 deg. Farenheit

That's how it is here.
__________________
Like Lucky Charms...Only Yummier!
calereneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 04:04 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #4
Foeni
Moderator
 
Foeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,897
In the middle of the day, a bit colder. Around 30 degrees.
__________________
Danish Liberal Youth.
Foeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
Lacy
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 62
Smile Hot

It's about 39 degrees here in Texas, and this is just the begining.
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 04:22 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
High of 99 today in NYC. Which is really unfortunate, because the city is disgusting when it's hot and humid outside.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 04:42 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by iximisspiggyixi
High of 99 today in NYC. Which is really unfortunate, because the city is disgusting when it's hot and humid outside.
It doesn't have to be hot and humid for NYC to be disgusting.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 05:16 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #9
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree
 
barrington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 1,121
I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

In Europe we might have a desk fan if lucky.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:08 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #10
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
35°C.... add to that the fact im in the hottest room in the house... with 3 pcs running....

im glad AMDs have a high die temperature. although my sky+ box just overheated and shut off.

bazzle? what is this desk fan of which you speak? is it this thing i have blowing into my open pc case? (oh god im such a geek)

at work, i work next to a window... in direct sunlight. without a chair... or even a fan. i swear thats an illegal work environment.
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #11
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
It doesn't have to be hot and humid for NYC to be disgusting.
Eh, I disagree. I love the city in the winter. In summer the trash is all dirty and smelly and everywhere, which is not the case during the other months as much.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #12
Nella
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Crawley, England
Posts: 9
Apparently tomorrow is going to be the hottest day for a hundred years...great(!)


Oh well, at least I don't have to be at school anymore like my brother!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
Lacy
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 62
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

In Europe we might have a desk fan if lucky.

I have to agree, I live in Texas so it is extremely hot (this is our fourth day in a row about 100 degrees f) but I was recently in Europe for 3 weeks and I was even more miserable over there. There is no AC anywhere, except maybe the hotel rooms (and even then it shuts off from midnight to 8am). All that said, I still loved Europe (especially London) and I plan on moving there as soon as I graduate
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:52 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

In Europe we might have a desk fan if lucky.
Barbaric!
Actually, the only thing I like about living in Tampa (besides the proximity to Disney) is the weather. It's never been 100*F here. It's hotter in pretty much everywhere in the summer than it is here.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:53 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Jacoby
'The Flapper'
 
Jacoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.
HA! My house gets up to 90 every night for the past two weeks and my fan sucks. I wish we had A/C. I don't use any type of a/c in the car, I just roll down the front seat windows. My work is air conditioned, though, I won't lie about that.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but we all don't have that luxury.
__________________
I'm only here to remind Brad to take his protein pills daily.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:59 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
HA! My house gets up to 90 every night for the past two weeks and my fan sucks. I wish we had A/C. I don't use any type of a/c in the car, I just roll down the front seat windows. My work is air conditioned, though, I won't lie about that.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but we all don't have that luxury.
You're not. There are a lot of people up North and along the Pacific coast who don't have A/C. My aunt lives in the San Francisco area, and she is one of the only people who has A/C. She didn't when I was seven and we were visiting during a record heat wave. We went to her future-husband Stan's house 'cause he did. Now, she lives in that house. It was so hot back then, the cable cars couldn't run because the cables were swelling from the heat.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 07:05 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #17
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella
Apparently tomorrow is going to be the hottest day for a hundred years...great(!)
i will be walking to work at 12 midday tomorrow... oh fantastic!!! :icon_err: :icon_err:
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 07:16 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #18
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree
 
barrington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 1,121
I'll be topping up the tan for a fourth day in a row.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 07:19 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #19
Liam
Bogan Elite
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

In Europe we might have a desk fan if lucky.
And everyone seems to forget that out here, the majority of houses still dont have air conditioning.

Therefore, you are all babies.
__________________
The greatest delight is to mark one's enemy, prepare everything, avenge oneself thoroughly, and then go to sleep.
-Stalin
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 07:32 PM   First Class Member #20
DanMan
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 209
Cool

98 Degrees Farenheit in Indiana and combined with 74% humidity
makes it worse. I work in a factory where we mold fiberglass body panels
for the Corvette, Viper, XLR, etc. Its typically 17 degrees or so hotter inside
the factory from all the Molding presses that have to be kept at 300 to 320
degrees. How would you like to run one of those on a day like today?
DanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.