I'm so hot. - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 18-07-2006, 03:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1
acliff
llama llama duck

I'm so hot.

37 degrees.

Despite being a Londoner, apparently thats an actually hot temperature.
Whats the weather like where you are?
Old 18-07-2006, 03:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #2
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Appalling. Tomorrow is going to be even worse apparently. Joy.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
calereneau

98 deg. Farenheit

That's how it is here.
Old 18-07-2006, 04:04 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #4
Foeni

In the middle of the day, a bit colder. Around 30 degrees.
Old 18-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
Lacy

Smile Hot

It's about 39 degrees here in Texas, and this is just the begining.
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 04:22 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Old 18-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
iximisspiggyixi

High of 99 today in NYC. Which is really unfortunate, because the city is disgusting when it's hot and humid outside.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 04:42 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iximisspiggyixi
High of 99 today in NYC. Which is really unfortunate, because the city is disgusting when it's hot and humid outside.
It doesn't have to be hot and humid for NYC to be disgusting.
Old 18-07-2006, 05:16 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #9
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

In Europe we might have a desk fan if lucky.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:08 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #10
Digital_Ice

35°C.... add to that the fact im in the hottest room in the house... with 3 pcs running....

im glad AMDs have a high die temperature. although my sky+ box just overheated and shut off.

bazzle? what is this desk fan of which you speak? is it this thing i have blowing into my open pc case? (oh god im such a geek)

at work, i work next to a window... in direct sunlight. without a chair... or even a fan. i swear thats an illegal work environment.
Old 18-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #11
iximisspiggyixi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
It doesn't have to be hot and humid for NYC to be disgusting.
Eh, I disagree. I love the city in the winter. In summer the trash is all dirty and smelly and everywhere, which is not the case during the other months as much.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #12
Nella
Newcomer

Apparently tomorrow is going to be the hottest day for a hundred years...great(!)

Oh well, at least I don't have to be at school anymore like my brother!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
Lacy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

I have to agree, I live in Texas so it is extremely hot (this is our fourth day in a row about 100 degrees f) but I was recently in Europe for 3 weeks and I was even more miserable over there. There is no AC anywhere, except maybe the hotel rooms (and even then it shuts off from midnight to 8am). All that said, I still loved Europe (especially London) and I plan on moving there as soon as I graduate
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 06:52 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:

Barbaric!
Actually, the only thing I like about living in Tampa (besides the proximity to Disney) is the weather. It's never been 100*F here. It's hotter in pretty much everywhere in the summer than it is here.
Old 18-07-2006, 06:53 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:

HA! My house gets up to 90 every night for the past two weeks and my fan sucks. I wish we had A/C. I don't use any type of a/c in the car, I just roll down the front seat windows. My work is air conditioned, though, I won't lie about that.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but we all don't have that luxury.
Old 18-07-2006, 06:59 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
HA! My house gets up to 90 every night for the past two weeks and my fan sucks. I wish we had A/C. I don't use any type of a/c in the car, I just roll down the front seat windows. My work is air conditioned, though, I won't lie about that.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but we all don't have that luxury.
You're not. There are a lot of people up North and along the Pacific coast who don't have A/C. My aunt lives in the San Francisco area, and she is one of the only people who has A/C. She didn't when I was seven and we were visiting during a record heat wave. We went to her future-husband Stan's house 'cause he did. Now, she lives in that house. It was so hot back then, the cable cars couldn't run because the cables were swelling from the heat.
Old 18-07-2006, 07:05 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #17
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella
Apparently tomorrow is going to be the hottest day for a hundred years...great(!)
i will be walking to work at 12 midday tomorrow... oh fantastic!!! :icon_err: :icon_err:
Old 18-07-2006, 07:16 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #18
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

I'll be topping up the tan for a fourth day in a row.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 07:19 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #19
Liam
Bogan Elite

Quote:

And everyone seems to forget that out here, the majority of houses still dont have air conditioning.

Therefore, you are all babies.
Old 18-07-2006, 07:32 PM   First Class Member #20
DanMan

Cool

98 Degrees Farenheit in Indiana and combined with 74% humidity
makes it worse. I work in a factory where we mold fiberglass body panels
for the Corvette, Viper, XLR, etc. Its typically 17 degrees or so hotter inside
the factory from all the Molding presses that have to be kept at 300 to 320
degrees. How would you like to run one of those on a day like today?
DanMan is offline   Reply With Quote