I just saw the movie and... *spoilers* - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 09-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #21
Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by calereneau
Oh, and the aforementioned line in the trailer said by Will, it never actually happens. How about that?
I'm dissapointed about that because it would have been alot funnier than the line he said in the movie.

I really like this film but not as much as the first. It has alot more happening and is just as funny.
The ending made Jack seem really mean because he was going to get everyone killed if it weren't for Elizabeth. It made Elizabeth look really mean too because she chained him up and left him for dead. It would have been better if Jack had just volunteered to stay behind. Also if Elizabeth was the one that left him for dead, why was she so distraught about his death and so keen to go save him?

Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #22
calereneau

Because she knew that Jack is a good man.

Personally, I loved it when Jack unchained himself. He could've easily tried to swim away or do some classic Jack Sparrow escape, like in the original, but he stood there and faced it. In a way, he did sacrifice himself. That was my favorite part of the movie, it was so cool looking.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #23
Kathleen

Yeah I know she likes him, which made it so sad when she handcuffed him! I thought it was a good ending, having everyone planning to rescue Jack, it will make a good plot for the next movie. It was pretty funny when Jack calls her a pirate after she kisses him too

Old 09-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #24
Katielondon
Jezebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
I don't really see how a little tan hurt anyone. She still looked beautiful. I'd rather she wasn't a pale ghost. The movie didn't have any sense of direction but the fun scenes and laughs compensated. Overall, you can say the plot was a total waste of screen time. But the individual moments are what made POTC 2 a good, fun-hearted summer flick.

tan i think can look good on the right person, i dont really like fake tan much, at the same time if someone is naturally porcelan skinned that looks beautiful too.

going to go and see the movie tonight or tomorrow, can someone please tell me Orlando Bloom meets a nasty end for a change?
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #25
calereneau

He gets his head cut off by a sling blade.

Oh and was keira really tanner, or just dirtier? She had been hanging around pirates for days...
Old 09-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #26
allied_assult

Thumbs up

I thought it was pretty good. Definatly funnier than the first one and I liked Keira's character a lot better. I couldn't understand her when she was yelling at the three of them on that island, though.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #27
Kathleen

Haha I know, I don't think anyone could. It was hilarious though, I heard some parts but can't remember them.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:55 AM   Officer #28
Renegade
Stock Boy

I don't know if it was the filmmaker's intention to have Keira "desire" Jack (hence the compass pointing to him), but I thought that was ridiculous.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:11 AM   #29
runangl
Run Angle.

i think the point was that keira thought she was desiring jack, even though jack thought it meant the chest was there

that way there's dramatic irony in that we know both options. and it leaves the possibility in the next movie for her actually desiring jack? eh, eh?
Old 10-07-2006, 04:35 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #30
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

The guy who reviews movies for the Tampa Tribune is an idiot.
He gave it a C+ (the same grade he gave Poseidon), and from his review, it's quite clear he just didn't "get it". He doesn't understand why Lord Beckett wants the compass. He also thought that Davy Jones' visage was latex.
Here's a thought...when you get the press packets for the film, read up on it so you don't come off as a complete idiot.
From a plot perspective, it did what it was supposed to do. I doubt anyone walked out of the theater not saying "what now?" For those of you who need things wrapped up in neat, tidy packages...stick to sit-coms. The stakes have been raised and the table set. I, for one, cannot wait until May.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #31
Steve84

Preferred curse of the black pearl, but I Enjoyed it. Served its purpose as the second part of the trilogy as well. Keeps things nice and open for World's End, especially with the resurrected barbossa, he was awesome in the first film..

i give it 4/5 :fencing:
Steve84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #32
keira89

can't wait to see it!
keira89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #33
lizziebennett15

Hi I'm new to this site but I saw POTC2 on Saturday and it was just amazing one of my favorite parts is when Keira faints while Jack, Will, and Norrington were fighting and then opens her eyes to see if they noticed and they didn't it just made me laugh so much!!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #34
swansonben
Newcomer

awsome movie. Keria was so awsome in it. loved her fighting scences and I love her.
swansonben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:38 AM   #35
Kathleen

Quote:
I don't know if it was the filmmaker's intention to have Keira "desire" Jack (hence the compass pointing to him), but I thought that was ridiculous.
I thought that just meant that Elizabeth realised Will was in the other direction and Jack had tricked her. Are we talking about the scene when Norrington says 'did you ever wonder how Will got on the Flying Dutchman in the first place?' and then she checks the compass again?

Old 11-07-2006, 05:54 AM   #36
runangl
Run Angle.

no... the scene when they're looking for the chest on the island and she sits on the sand and the compass hand twirls over to jack.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 AM   #37
minja

Quote:
that whole thing just made me think Gore Verbinski reads too many Pirates fanfics. seriously exactly like something out of a smutty fanfiction.

on a whole though, it was better than i thought it was going to be. i went in with pretty low expectations as the first movie was just amazing to me. will is still as much of a dumbarse as ever. the humour was a little too obvious this time, like they knew they were funny and they chucked in a few more one liners for good measure. but that being said i was the only one laughing when jack pulled out the eunich joke. no one else got it. damn.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:30 AM   Officer #38
Renegade
Stock Boy

Yeah lots of references to the first. The other day, my friend told me she was going to watch the movie. I asked her if she saw the first POTC. She said nope. Hah. I forced her to watch the first one, because honestly, I don't think Pirates 2 would be half as fun if one hasn't seen the first.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #39
jeff--

I really enjoyed the movie, I thought it was better than the first. It left several questions unanswered, perhaps some of them will be in the 3rd, and it had some holes in it, but overall I thought it was great.
Old 13-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #40
jack67
Newcomer

It was completely awesome!!! Loved every minute of it!!! I think it was funnier, more action-packed, and all around better than the 1st PotC!!! I thought Bill Nighy did a fantastic job as Davy Jones!!!!:Hail: :Hail: Also loved Norrington as a drunken drifter! The 3-way sword fight was the best!!!:fencing: Complete loved it when Elizabeth kissed Jack!!! The ending when Barbossa walked down the stairs COMPLETELY BLEW ME AWAY!!!! Can't wait to see what happens in PotC3!!!!!! "Drink up me Hearties, Yo HO!"-Captain Jack Sparrow
jack67 is offline   Reply With Quote