Happy Will Smith Day - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > The Hole > Absolutely Bananas

Absolutely Bananas Completely unmoderated, guest-friendly forum. A test replacement for the shoutbox.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Happy Will Smith Day

Apparently today is a special day for Americans, celebrating the release of Will Smith’s blockbuster ‘Independence Day’. How insanely quirky of you.

Happy Will Smith Day people.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:50 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Thanks man. We've got a special chocolate Will Smith cake for later festivities.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
DefyingGravity

Get jiggy wit it.

(Na na na na na na na...)
Old 04-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
runangl
Run Angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity
Get jiggy wit it.

(Na na na na na na na...)
it's "gettin"

come on man.

and thanks hazzle. its just another excuse for people to go about getting drunk, shoot their shotguns, and generally blow stuff up. how nice.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:04 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by runangl
its just another excuse for people to go about getting drunk, shoot their shotguns, and generally blow stuff up. how nice.
Will Smith does that to me too.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
DefyingGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by runangl
it's "gettin"

come on man.

and thanks hazzle. its just another excuse for people to go about getting drunk, shoot their shotguns, and generally blow stuff up. how nice.
Yes, but I meant that in an imperative sense, as a command to get jiggy wit it.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:31 PM   Officer #7
Renegade
Stock Boy

I like the fireworks. They're picturesque.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:48 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #8
acliff
llama llama duck

'Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!'

One of the top 5 speeches ever given.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:55 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Heh Cliff your standards are severely slipping. It's a decent film but come on! Top 5 speeches ever given? Not even top 5 movie speeches.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
Swordsman
Voted Best!

It's hardly a decent film. If you do actually watch it's because Jeff Goldblum is in it, fuck everyone else. That movie would've been so much better if it was The Fresh Prince instead of Will Smith fighting aliens. Would've shown those mothafuckas what the streets of Philly can do!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:30 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #11
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Heh Cliff your standards are severely slipping. It's a decent film but come on! Top 5 speeches ever given? Not even top 5 movie speeches.
I'm exaggerating a little bit for effect. In terms of impact, its pretty good considering its from one of the cheesiest films in recent times. If it was a speech given in the case of a real life alien invasion, it would be considered iconic, as dire situations and history add weight.

That Winston Churchill fella gave some gooduns...
Old 05-07-2006, 03:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
frodo1511
Pin Dick

When it first came out, I thought that Bill Pullman's speech near the end of ID4 was the greatest speech I've ever heard. For the movie, it's still decent by today's standards, but in a whole rather cheesy. War of the Worlds for the 21st century I guess, and shows what a true Apple OS can accomplish.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:36 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #13
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
When it first came out, I thought that Bill Pullman's speech near the end of ID4 was the greatest speech I've ever heard. For the movie, it's still decent by today's standards, but in a whole rather cheesy. War of the Worlds for the 21st century I guess, and shows what a true Apple OS can accomplish.
Glad someone agrees.
When I saw it at the cinema on the opening day, the speech made my eyes moist. I'm a sucker for heartfelt speeches.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:44 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Sentimental cunts.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:50 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #15
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

It's nice coming back to work after a four day weekend tired because some cunts decided to celebrate the fifth of July as well. Christ people, you've been shooting of fireworks since Friday night...do you really have that much disposable income?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:43 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Shameless plug (actually it's just that this post sums up my feelings towards fuckwits with fireworks):

http://jesusofsuburbia.wordpress.com...-in-the-night/