Guess matches of world cup - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
mehrdad368
Ranman Raping Horse Boy

Guess matches of world cup

I guess next matches will be
ENG:3 PAR:2
SWE:1 TRI:1
ARG:4 CIV:1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (35.2 KB, 84 views)
Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

ENG - 1 Par - 1
Swe - 1 Tri - 0
Arg - 2 Civ - 0

I expect little highlights after yesterday's goalfest.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:48 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

England 2 - Para 0

Gerrard fit, the best midfield in the tournament is thus complete. Since midfield will be where the game is won or lost, expect that to be crucial. With the ball swerving so much I'd fancy Lampard or Gerrard to score too. Paraguay are very weak on set pieces and we've been scoring off of them a lot more recently.

Paraguay will be relying on the counter attack which I think will suit England. Our defence is solid and has good shape. We're weaker when teams come at us and build attacks because noone closes down from midfield.

Sweden 2 - Trinidad 0

Trinidad are stronger than Jamaica but given how easily we rolled Jamaica over, I'd expect them to still ship some goals. Most of their players play in Scotland which is an attrociously uncompetitive league, and Sweden are a damn good side.

Argentina 1 - CIV 0

The Ivory Coast are outsiders to WIN the thing, and have an AMAZING defence. The Argies aren't starting with Messi, Tevez or Aimar, leading me to believe they're looking to keep the game tight. Kolo Toure's the best defender in Europe.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:47 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I'm not sure about scores (or who's playing who for that matter) but I predict that the riot police will have to be deployed at least once.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:25 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
Pygmalion
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrdad368
I guess next matches will be
ENG:3 PAR:2
That was a bit optimistic, it was 1 : nil to England for anyone who didn't watch it.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
Katielondon
Jezebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
I'm not sure about scores (or who's playing who for that matter) but I predict that the riot police will have to be deployed at least once.

i agree
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
mehrdad368
Ranman Raping Horse Boy

Hahaha.
I'm sorry for every one because no one guess true about first game.
ENG:1 PAR:0
Old 10-06-2006, 04:00 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Hahaha.
I'm sorry for every one because no one guess true about first game.
ENG:1 PAR:0
Not true at all. Jet was almost right, I was too. Could very easily have been a draw, Paraguay had chances, but only half-chances. However had Gerrard been a little more composed, and Lampard too, England could've won 2-0, and should have really.

All your scores are highly unrealistic. 4-1 Argentina? Do you not know how good the Ivory Coast are or something? Two of the Arsenal defence, Didier Zakora and Yaya Toure are the most sought after central midfielders outside of England and Drogba's been lethal for Chelsea.

I called a 1-1 draw for England v Sweden in 2002 so it is possible to call the result of a team's first game perfectly.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:07 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Brad and Katie: Doubt it. Such a cliched thing to say and so untrue. The last world cup with violence at it was in 1998, and even that was tame and overblown in the media.

There's more violence outside pubs up and down the country on a typical Friday night than at a world cup.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:24 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
Pygmalion
Pissed

Hmmm 20 minutes into T&T vs. Sweden, I reckon Sweden'll slip one or two in, posession looks to be pretty one-sided.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #11
Katielondon
Jezebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Brad and Katie: Doubt it. Such a cliched thing to say and so untrue. The last world cup with violence at it was in 1998, and even that was tame and overblown in the media.

There's more violence outside pubs up and down the country on a typical Friday night than at a world cup.

are you going to try and change my views on the whole thing then?, sorry i dont like it but i cant help how i feel, the world would be prety boring if we all liked the same things (thinks of HSBC advert)
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:19 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielondon
are you going to try and change my views on the whole thing then?, sorry i dont like it but i cant help how i feel, the world would be prety boring if we all liked the same things (thinks of HSBC advert)
Yeah. I mean without retarded people with no taste who would I have to mock?

No, seriously, you can dislike football, just don't say "Oh God, the World Cup has started" and then expect me NOT to defend my favourite sport. It's kinda like insulting a big hefty bloke and then acting surprised when he punches your lights out. You wouldn't try and tickle a lion, would you? Exactly.

Oh, and don't use the cliched hooliganism argument as it's stupid. You made one good point about going out to places and EVERYTHING being world-cup orientated but it's the same with the Olympics, and I hate the Olympics with a vengeance, makes me want to hurl, yet I didn't bitch and moan when they were everywhere. And there are lots of pubs and restaurants that are actually cashing in on World Cup hatred by offering a World Cup free environment. You just need to know where to look. There's a pub near me that NEVER shows football.

Back ON topic: Who would've thought Trinidad would hold Sweden. Swedes obviously bossed the game but Hislop had the game of his life. Glad it was against them, makes it more likely he won't have such a blinder against us.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Haz, stop defending a sport that doesn't need your defense. What Katie said doesn't require your multiple responses (especially saying she has no taste) of argument. I know you're kidding, cus you're always kidding (cus it's more convinient) but serious. Let it go.

On Topic: Did America win the big world soccer tournament yet?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
On Topic: Did America win the big world soccer tournament yet?
I don't know but it'd be awesome to win a tournament that we don't even care about.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #15
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman
I don't know but it'd be awesome to win a tournament that we don't even care about.
Good thing you won't then.

And Jake, I was defending my love of the sport against someone who said "Oh God, not more football". I will always do that, and not just on here either. I do it in person. And I fucking hate how everyone assumes a football fan is a hooligan. It's fucking outrageous, and yes, it's an insult of ME as a football fan.

Plus she's totally being a misandrist, but you wouldn't care about that as you're a big girl. I hate misandry, it's as bad as misogyny but whilst women will get up in arms about a guy even making chauvanistic jokes, society doesn't see any ill in misandry, which is actually a backhanded piece of misogyny only women are too thick to see it.

What? Oh. Etc.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:25 AM   Senior Registered Member #16
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Mwawa, I was one goal off every single game ^^

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 11-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #17
mehrdad368
Ranman Raping Horse Boy

My guesses were close to them if you decrease one point from all.
Next mathces:
NED:2 SCG:0
IRN:2 MEX:1
POR:3 ANG:1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FIRST.jpg (30.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 11-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #18
fandekeira

NED:3 SCG:1

MEX:2 IRA:1

ANG:0 POR:3

i'd like MEX and portugal to win
fandekeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Ned: 1 SCG: 0
Mex: 1 Ira: 0
Ang: 0 Por: 2

Lets see how the 1 goal margin of error stands up tonight ^^

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 11-06-2006, 10:35 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #20
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
My guesses were close to them if you decrease one point from all
CLOSE to them AFTER taking a goal out, yes, but that just means you were miles out.

I got the margin of victory right for Argentina (knew Ivory Coast were a lot better than you were suggesting...4-1 my arse...Ivory Coast actually had a dead-cert penalty turned down in the first half, should've been 2-2), called England to beat Paraguay, but narrowly, it was just Sweden that surprised me with their inability to beat T & T.

Jet's got the right to boast, so far, as he's been closest. Your predictions weren't even as close as MINE were and Jet's were better than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
Ned: 1 SCG: 0
Mex: 1 Ira: 0
Ang: 0 Por: 2

Lets see how the 1 goal margin of error stands up tonight ^^
Why don't we make this interesting and try and predict goalscorers too?

I think the Dutch look weak, Ivory Coast will edge them out (have you seen how crap the Dutch defence is?!) to qualify along with Argentina (sorry to all our Dutch members). Serbia & Montenegro doesn't even exist anymore! Montenegro just split from Serbia before the tournament began.

Ned: 1 SCG : 1

I predict Serbia to take the lead through Kezman, but Van Persie to come off the bench to score the equaliser (ok, a little Arsenal bias, but why the holy hell is he not starting?). Van Nistelrooy to miss the penalty that would see them win (I wish!).

Mex: 2 Iran :1

Daei for Iran, Borgetti and Franco for Mexico.

Angola: 0 Portugal: 2

Ronaldo and Deco to score.