All Right, Gamers.... - Page 7 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #121
frodo1511
Pin Dick

CoD4 was the most intense FPS I've ever played. "Holy Shit" does not even begin to describe it. Their is nothing quite like shooting someone from behind cover with a sniper rifle...

Assassin's Creed looks to be the successor/evolver to Prince of Persia, and I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 PM   Senior Registered Member #122
kingdumbass

COD4 and Assassin's Creed are both on my must-get list....
Right now, I'm wrapping up Bioshock in anticipation of Super Mario Galaxy, which I've got on preorder and releases Wednesday.

Bioshock is an amazing work of art. For me so far, Game of the Year, hands down.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 01:08 AM   Senior Registered Member #123
Pygmalion
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511 View Post
CoD4 was the most intense FPS I've ever played. "Holy Shit" does not even begin to describe it. Their is nothing quite like shooting someone from behind cover with a sniper rifle...
Haha yeah and getting savaged by Russian attack dogs.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 02:05 AM   Senior Registered Member #124
frodo1511
Pin Dick

^yup, completely didn't see that coming.

I really want to get a Wii now, what with Twilight Princess, Brawl, Corruption and Galaxy finally out/coming soon...now their's a reason to get a Wii.

Also, anyone have two nVidia 8800 GTS grafix cards and a 1920x1200 HD screen handy? If so, let me know how Crysis runs...
Old 13-11-2007, 04:28 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #125
Liam
Bogan Elite

Well I ran Crysis at 1650x1050 (or whatever it is) on a 22 inch widescreen on my 8800 GTX (single) and pushed 35+ FPS. Its not as system intensive as I thought.

For me though...fuck COD4...bring on UT3.
Old 13-11-2007, 03:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #126
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Well I ran Crysis at 1650x1050 (or whatever it is) on a 22 inch widescreen on my 8800 GTX (single) and pushed 35+ FPS. Its not as system intensive as I thought.

For me though...fuck COD4...bring on UT3.

For FPS...I'd personally rather have performance over pretty: 60fps and shitty grafix for me over 35fps and amazing looking effects. But that's just me. I'm curious as to what the fastest frame rate anyone can get on their rigs by the end of this year.

Who put a single player campaign in my UT3??!?!? I'll wait for the 360 port.
Old 13-11-2007, 05:17 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #127
Liam
Bogan Elite

Well -35 fps is amazingly playable. Anyone playing on a console only ever sees 30fps. Of course if I nerf all the settings down I can easily maintain 60fps on this rig but when you take away the graphics, Crysis is just another run and shoot game and to be honest, the gameplay did nothing for me.

UT3 though...the beta demo blew me away. Its definitely Unreal Tournament, but its so shiny.
Old 13-11-2007, 06:35 PM   Senior Registered Member #128
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Well -35 fps is amazingly playable. Anyone playing on a console only ever sees 30fps. Of course if I nerf all the settings down I can easily maintain 60fps on this rig but when you take away the graphics, Crysis is just another run and shoot game and to be honest, the gameplay did nothing for me.

UT3 though...the beta demo blew me away. Its definitely Unreal Tournament, but its so shiny.
Yes, Halo runs @ 30fps on the Xbox, but it was meant to play that way...most PC first person shooters run optimally at 60fps, the sweet spot, so I strive for that.

I have yet to play the beta for UT3, but I loved UT2 and the Championships on Xbox, so here's hoping it's gonna be epic...
Old 14-11-2007, 12:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #129
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Liam or Ice, I need some help again...

Right, so I finally bought Psychonauts for the PC (9 bucks new @ amazon.com ftw), and I'm getting the following message every time I try to play the game,

"The game was unable to created the Direct3D device. Please check to ensure your video drivers are installed properly."

I don't understand...I downloaded the demo off of Steam last week and it ran without a hitch, and I have yet to get any warning like this when I play Half-Life 2, a much more graphics-intensive game (used as an example). Anybody have an idea?
Old 14-11-2007, 12:54 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #130
Digital_Ice

update direct x first of all... oh and give us a dxdiag logfile to look at.
Old 14-11-2007, 02:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #131
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Nevermind, I just had to patch the game to version 1.4 from the official website, everything works wonders now.
Old 14-11-2007, 04:27 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #132
Liam
Bogan Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511 View Post
I have yet to play the beta for UT3, but I loved UT2 and the Championships on Xbox, so here's hoping it's gonna be epic...
Get it. Now.

You wont be disappointed.
Old 14-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #133
I Luv Keira
Keira Smitten Troublemaker

Mario Galaxy, 2 more days! The wait is killing me!!!
I Luv Keira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 02:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #134
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Get it. Now.

You wont be disappointed.
When does the full game come out?
Old 14-11-2007, 05:09 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #135
Liam
Bogan Elite

4 or 5 days, I think.
Old 17-11-2007, 03:19 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #136
Digital_Ice

currently addicted to:
Assasins Creed
Crysis

man crysis rules, you played it yet liam?
Old 17-11-2007, 07:33 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #137
Liam
Bogan Elite

Yeah, its not bad. Its a bit disappointing gameplay wise but the graphics are incredible.

I'm being told by about 50 people to forget Crysis and go and get COD4 though.
Old 17-11-2007, 08:55 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #138
Digital_Ice

heh crysis is the first game to make use of the power of my rig, and its still at maxed out settings getting up to 230fps
Old 17-11-2007, 10:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #139
kingdumbass

Assassin's Creed is next up for me....
From what I've been told, it sounds like exactly my kind of game.

Right now, I'm doing Super Mario Galaxy, which is about as good as a 3-D platformer can get. Lots of fun, and I've foud myself going back and replaying levels I already completed, just so I can get a better score -- something I rarely do in any game.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2007, 12:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #140
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
heh crysis is the first game to make use of the power of my rig, and its still at maxed out settings getting up to 230fps

Considering that IGN's review rig had 4 gigs of RAM, an Intel Quad-Core processor and an 8800 GTS nVidia grafix card, and they could only get about 35fps on DX10/Ultra settings....you must have the most powerful nuclear subatomic gaming PC known to the universe, Ice.

Bought Psychonauts for the PC Tuesday. I love Tim Schafer's games, and this doesn't disappoint. About as good as a non-Mario platformer can get. Love all the psych references and the surprising amount of humor throughout.