All Right, Gamers.... - Page 5 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 20-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #81
Steve84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman
The new Zelda is gonna be here in November. Good thing i reserved a copy 6 months ago. Wind Waker is a solid game and anyone that says different is a 'tard.
Indeed. cartoony graphics were a bit off putting at first, but i got quite engrossed in it. that and it was funny throwing pigs into the sea...
Steve84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 04:49 AM   Senior Registered Member #82
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Wind Waker had a lack-luster story to it, and some things were a bit cheesey. But the game was totally gorgeous and the gameplay was really addictive and easy to use.

I wasn't turned off by the graphics because I cartoons. But it is nice knowing TP will be awesomely gritty.
Old 21-07-2006, 09:58 AM   Senior Registered Member #83
kingdumbass

I actually liked the graphics style for Wind Waker....
As far as cell shading goes, you can't top it.

And, yes -- Twilight Princess looks like it will rock. Reportedly, they're going to release two versions of the game: one for the GameCube, and one for the Wii, which should come out around the same time. I guess the Wii version will have some additional features; probably involving its controller.

Oh, and I picked up Mario Tennis for the GBA the other day to get me through a power outage. The game sucks. It's not nearly as good as the GameCube Mario Tennis.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 02:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #84
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass
I actually liked the graphics style for Wind Waker....
As far as cell shading goes, you can't top it.

And, yes -- Twilight Princess looks like it will rock. Reportedly, they're going to release two versions of the game: one for the GameCube, and one for the Wii, which should come out around the same time. I guess the Wii version will have some additional features; probably involving its controller.

Oh, and I picked up Mario Tennis for the GBA the other day to get me through a power outage. The game sucks. It's not nearly as good as the GameCube Mario Tennis.
You need a powerhouse system for a good Mario Tennis game. Well at least something 64-powerful. Which isn't considered a powerhouse system anymore, but you know what I mean.

And yeah, the Wii/GC versions of the new Zelda were announced in May. Wii version will have different control scheme obviously, and will have mini-games that feature the use of the control (controler used as fishing rod, etc.)
Old 21-07-2006, 05:14 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #85
Digital_Ice

just arrived on my doorstep... i shall post my review when i am done playing...

edit: First Impressions. The control system is appaling. The dialog is flat and boring. The voice of Will is... well... shockingly bad... this doesnt look to hopefull :icon_err:

ah well, i'll see how it pans out. I hoped it would be better than the first pirates game....

Edit: oh dear god. this is appauling. its a strit ps2 to pc port. "rotate the left ananlog stick".............. erm? how the fuck?

i give up... 10 minutes in and my verdict is. its shit. if you want it. buy the ps2 version.
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 10:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #86
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
And yeah, the Wii/GC versions of the new Zelda were announced in May. Wii version will have different control scheme obviously, and will have mini-games that feature the use of the control (controler used as fishing rod, etc.)
I'm just going to end up getting both. I probably won't get a Wii until it drops down to 200 bucks. If i'm lucky i'll get one for Christmas. They're going to use the controller for some bitchin' sword and arrow action as well.
Old 24-07-2006, 05:30 AM   Senior Registered Member #87
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I bought Half-Life, Blue Shift, Opposing Force and Team Fortress the other day.

I missed this game so much...
Old 24-07-2006, 11:43 AM   #88
mehrdad368
Ranman Raping Horse Boy

Team Fortress is good.I used 2 play it 2 hours a day.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:00 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #89
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Heh 2 hours a day. Try Championship Manager obsession when you end up pulling all-nighters just to play it. Every day. For several weeks. Until you end up with chronic sleep deprivation and just need to sleep.

I sweat that game's evil. I'm currently playing the Football Manager incarnation (as SI split from Eidos last year) and I'm hooked.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 11:53 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #90
Digital_Ice

team fortress 2 comes out soon
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #91
mehrdad368
Ranman Raping Horse Boy

In fact i don't like 2 play games more than an hours a day.But yes I remember when i was playing fifa 2005 i stay until 4 A.M and playing that.Now i think games are good for under 15.
Another old but good game:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallpaper_resident_evil_zero_03_800.jpg (77.6 KB, 59 views)
Old 18-08-2006, 02:33 AM   #92
wishingtobefamous

well i love playing video games. and personally think that there are about 4 good games on the current console generation(Xbox GC PS2) and those are Hitman Blood Money (xbox) Super Mario Strikers (GC) Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Xbox) and.........the greatest multiplayer game ever created for the xbox.....Halo2
Old 18-08-2006, 02:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #93
ryan

ive started playing ff7 again

love it
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 02:51 AM   #94
J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
i give up... 10 minutes in and my verdict is. its shit. if you want it. buy the ps2 version.

It's a movie Game what did you expect?

As for my All time favoirtes I love starcraft, diablo, All the Final Fantasies( I like 8 the most) and I also liked Ragnarok Online

The games that i'm curently laying are Kingdom Hearts 2(again) and hopefully soon I can get around to buying Valkyrie Profile for the PSP.
Old 18-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #95
imactuallybritish

some of my favorites are:
battlefield vietnam
counter strike
hitman:blood money and contracts
halo 1 and 2.
battlefront 2

i just beat battlefront 2 a few days ago. its still a great multiplayer game.

and by the way i also always prefered sonic over mario.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:48 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #96
acliff
llama llama duck

I've recently been playing titan quest.

If you've played diablo II, this is pretty much the successor.
If you want proof, items have a prefix and a suffix, and it is entirely possible to get a Brutal Sword of Destruction, or Warriors Axe of Speed.
It is pretty what diablo II should have looked like graphically. It is absolutely stunning. Real time shadows, HDR, volumetric lighting, Age of Empires style attention to microdetail (it was created by one of the makers of AoE)

If Diablo 1 or 2 was your crack cocaine, do not play this game. (unless you're a masochist) The game is about 30-40 hours long, and thats for the easiest difficulty. There is three (just like diablo II) but this time its called normal, epic, legendary. There are 8 different masteries, with the ability to dual class at level 8. Which means there are a total of 36 different classes you can play. Replayability is sick.

Set in ancient greece, egypt, the orient the artistic touches and enemies in the game are wonderful realised. Did I mention the game was pretty?
1680 x 1050 with temporal antialiasing and hq 16xaa brings a tear to my eye.

Play it if you dare.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:56 AM   Senior Registered Member #97
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I'm finally playing Sid Miere's Pirates!. Good fun even though actually finishing the game's main plot isn't that enticing. Going as the Dutch with the Spanish and French hating me, awesome stuff sacking their cities.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:46 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #98
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
I'm finally playing Sid Miere's Pirates!. Good fun even though actually finishing the game's main plot isn't that enticing. Going as the Dutch with the Spanish and French hating me, awesome stuff sacking their cities.
That is an awesome game. Although I'm not sure how you every finish playing the game. I've played it through several times.
My favourite ship was probably the royal sloop, although going around decimating pirates in a stolen ship of the line was always good fun.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #99
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

The plot finish for the game is beating Montabaln, the Marquis person in the introduction cut scene. I'm nowhere close to that since I haven't even chased down Baron Raymando enough times yet... Though I guess you could say finding the Lost City or just retiring with max stats for wealth, fame etc is the end too.. I've got the Royal Sloop too, betrayed the silly French, ambushed their Peace Treaty ship to the Poms. Also have a back up frigate for paranoia's sake.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:50 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #100
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
The plot finish for the game is beating Montabaln, the Marquis person in the introduction cut scene. I'm nowhere close to that since I haven't even chased down Baron Raymando enough times yet... Though I guess you could say finding the Lost City or just retiring with max stats for wealth, fame etc is the end too.. I've got the Royal Sloop too, betrayed the silly French, ambushed their Peace Treaty ship to the Poms. Also have a back up frigate for paranoia's sake.
I've found that the Royal Sloop is the best ship for hunting pirates, or attacking much larger frigates. Although as history has shown, if a large frigate or a ship of the line gets a full broadside of chain shot on you, you are pwned.