All Right, Gamers.... - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 01-07-2006, 11:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #21
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
You prefer animals to fat italian men in dungarees clearing your pipes. Ones illegal.
Hedgehogs aren't really my thing. Very painful. Prefer a good chicken.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:56 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #22
Liam
Bogan Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
There's an end to MMORPGs? Or you mean finishing all the quests released so far (yay for countless expansions) and maxing out skills?
Not really, no. They introduce new quests with every patch and are increasing the level cap in the expansion.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:22 AM   Senior Registered Member #23
kingdumbass

Jacoby, a man of great taste....
I did the first 3 Silent Hills all in a row a few months back. The are all a fucking work of art, although by the time I got to about the middle of Silent Hill 3, I felt like I couldn't take it anymore -- too damn scary; it started to break down my nerve.

I want to see the movie.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:50 AM   Senior Registered Member #24
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
10. I'd have to say Paper Mario series or Katamari for the 10 spot. Paper Mario is an awesome RPG, perfect mario quirkiness with an interesting storyline and supporting characters. And Katamari for it's addictive gameplay.
The best Mario game since... i don't remember. I have some 62 hours on The Thousand Year Old Door and never beat it because of that damn three boss fights in a row. Resident Evil 4 is one balls rad game, especially when you get and max out the Broken Butterfly, your ass is invincible.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:04 AM   Senior Registered Member #25
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass
Jacoby, a man of great taste....
I did the first 3 Silent Hills all in a row a few months back. The are all a fucking work of art, although by the time I got to about the middle of Silent Hill 3, I felt like I couldn't take it anymore -- too damn scary; it started to break down my nerve.

I want to see the movie.
I liked the movie a lot. But don't expect much out of it . . . It's exactly like the games. Exactly. The most wooden dialoge ever. But it's cool if you like the games, you'll get the references.
It's funny because one part of the movie, there's ashes falling from the sky and the heroine looks up and a flake hits her face. She smears it on her face and looks at her hand and say, "I think this is ash . . ." and the people in the theatre laughed at how stupid it sounded, but that's spoken just like it would be in the game, so i didn't have a problem

I have Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3. I bought all three of them for less than 25 bucks. Which is awesome. Still have to get the fourth, but my friends ruined it for me, I know everything about it already.

And Swords, Paper Mario fookin rocks. When I get the Wii, the first Paper Mario is one of the first games I'll buy from the Virtual Console thing.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:49 AM   Senior Registered Member #26
michael22
eternally screwed

my favourite games at the moment are

morrowind
oblivion
Quake 3
Doom3
once all of the valve games ( my steam program crashed)
Stronghold2
Prince of Persia 3
Dawn of war winter assault
pong
age of empires 3
battle for middle earth 2
Old 02-07-2006, 10:23 PM   Senior Registered Member #27
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Right now, I'm playing Tiger Woods 2006(buggy as hell, but I'm a golfer, so whatever), and Half-Life 2.

Top 10 games of all time for me:

1. Zelda: Orcarina of Time-perfect. Sheer perfectness
2. Half-Life- best FPS I've ever played
3. Super Mario World-best Mario of all time, no matter what SM64 fan says
4. Metroid Prime-First Zelda, then Metroid makes the perfect transition to 3D
5. Resident Evil 4-most fun I've had in a game since Half-Life. Seriously
6. Halo-since I'm a fanboy
7. Final Fantasy VII-required in all top 10 lists:P
8. Burnout 3: Takedown-best arcade racer I've ever played
9. Starcraft: best RTS game I've played, and the only game Koreans are better then Americans at...
10. Ninja Gaiden-Best Xbox game
Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
8. Burnout 3: Takedown-best arcade racer I've ever played
You played Burnout Revenge? Takedown's good but Revenge is better.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:56 AM   Senior Registered Member #29
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
You played Burnout Revenge? Takedown's good but Revenge is better.

Revenge was so-so...not quite the amazing leap forward I experienced from Burnout 2 to Takedown...Checking traffic did not impress me as much as I thought it would. I'm not saying it's terrible, I just enjoyed Takedown much more.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:01 AM   #30
allied_assult

My favorite games now are Oblivion and Civilization 4. My absolute favorite games are the Jak series though
Old 03-07-2006, 05:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #31
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Just bought a DS Lite today. So worth the upgrade. Everything looks sharper on the system, including the games. Hot stuff.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:08 AM   Senior Registered Member #32
kingdumbass

Have you played the Castlevania for the DS?
It was fuckin' AMAZING.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #33
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I own it, but haven't given it the run through yet because I also bought the GBA Castlevania double pack at the same time. I'm halfway through Aria of Sorrow. I'll get around to playing it, for sure. I have decided I need to stop buying games and actually play and beat the ones I have.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #34
Richard
Dated

Even though I have a limited and rather low knowledge of video games (on any system); I still consider myself a gamer. The latest system I've bought is the GameCube, in which I only own ONE game. I remember being amazed at how well the graphics were when I played Mario Kart: Double Dash at my local K-Mart. And I bought the system for that reason alone. I still haven't purchased RE4 yet, Jake. I'm sorry.

My gaming experience usually involves my (S)NES, N64, and PSOne consoles. The most embarrassing problem for me, I suppose, is that I avoid difficult games. Seriously. Whenever I see trailers, or video reviews for games, I immediately become discouraged if they look anything even remotely like Halo. I've played Halo once, on X-Box--didn't like it. First of all, I couldn't figure out how to play the game, or what I was suppose to do. I couldn't walk straight, very difficult to even move (it took me almost an hour before I gave up), and the remotes are most uncomfortable. But in all fairness, I'm pretty sure it just takes a little getting use to.

I guess you can say I'm old-fashioned. Pfft. On PS1, I enjoy the Resident Evil series VERY much, and I'm still addicted to those kind of games: Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Crash Bandicoot, and to a much lesser degree: Spyro, Broken Sword, Mission Impossible...I think you're getting the picture. On N64, (who else thinks N64's controllers are the most comfortable of them all, or is it just me?) Yes, like Jake said, Super Mario 64 is a must, Goldeneye, of course, a little 1080, Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox 64, and Mario Kart 64 is practically essential.

I really can't see myself buying any of the latest game consoles; at least not until I see a decent game that can really strike a cord with me. But even that isn't such a good idea, and I'm trying to get out of the habit of doing something as precarious as that. I do, however, have every intention of continuing my GameCube experience--with the likes of RE(4).

I've bored you, haven't I?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #35
Swordsman
Voted Best!

haha, a little.

I beat Hitman:Blood Money the other day. Was never a fan of Hitman until i started to play this, it's actually a good time if you like to kill people and be sort of stealthy. It's sort of like Metal Gear but with very short missions and in the streets. The end was pretty rad. GTA:Liberty City Stories can S-my-D, this game is just Vice City but in the Liberty City.

Oh Richard i just remembered , they remade the original Resident Evil games and put them on Gamecube. You can probably find them on eBay. I've never looked on eBay though, all i know is that i can't find them at normal stores.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:38 AM   Senior Registered Member #36
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman
Oh Richard i just remembered , they remade the original Resident Evil games and put them on Gamecube. You can probably find them on eBay. I've never looked on eBay though, all i know is that i can't find them at normal stores.
Yeah, I know, but have you seen the prices RE2 and RE3 are going for on ebay, factory sealed, I mean? I can't buy used games. They have to be sealed because I can't stand scratches, of any kind, I'll go ballistic! Why? Because I'm anal. Much like movies, I have to watch them from beginning to end, and with video games, they have to be 100% completed, 101% if possible. I have to get everything and unlock everything. I can't possibly move onto another game without doing that.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #37
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
Yeah, I know, but have you seen the prices RE2 and RE3 are going for on ebay, factory sealed, I mean? I can't buy used games. They have to be sealed because I can't stand scratches, of any kind, I'll go ballistic! Why? Because I'm anal. Much like movies, I have to watch them from beginning to end, and with video games, they have to be 100% completed, 101% if possible. I have to get everything and unlock everything. I can't possibly move onto another game without doing that.
I totally konw what you mean. I'm the kind of guy to go and punch and kick and try to open every door in a video game. I gotta do everything. I can't stand buying things used either, and on holidays when i get used games i go fuckin' nuts because the cases are so full of stickers.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:35 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #38
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Revenge was so-so...not quite the amazing leap forward I experienced from Burnout 2 to Takedown...Checking traffic did not impress me as much as I thought it would. I'm not saying it's terrible, I just enjoyed Takedown much more.
Oooh. I love the checking, probably my favourite bit. I suppose it's a taste thing. I've always liked car crashes
Old 03-07-2006, 12:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #39
ryan

i only play battlefield 2 now

starcraft, super mario 3, and ff7 are among my favorites of all time...but the game i spent by FAR the most playing (~250 DAYS played among all chracters) and enjoyed the most was everquest (until the luclin expansion).
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:23 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #40
Liam
Bogan Elite

Had a bash on a full 64 player server on BF2 a few hours ago. Fucking mayhem. Aside from the disconnects, it was great fun.

Theres still some fundamental errors in the teamplay code though.