Fathers & Daughters - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 20-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
Princess

delete

delete
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 06:24 PM   First Class Member Officer #2
Sarah
Nice

Thats a very interesting article, Princess.

My relationship with my father is very good I would say. We're very close and my dad is a lovely man. Aww gooey!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 06:52 PM   #3
wee me

that is really interestin!! i get on well enuff with my dad and i suppose my relationships are ok, so it does make sense for me!!
wee me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #4
Vertical Vortex

and now am i thinking: is this the same way with guys and there mothers?
Old 20-06-2004, 07:01 PM   First Class Member Officer #5
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical Vortex
and now am i thinking: is this the same way with guys and there mothers?
I'm not too convined about that. I think it is just Fathers and Daughters. Although I could very well be wrong.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 07:03 PM   #6
Vertical Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
I'm not too convined about that. I think it is just Fathers and Daughters. Although I could very well be wrong.
nah i think your right. Boys are very different from girls... (so now everbody know! there IS a difference between boys and girls) and i think the same goes for relationships...
Old 20-06-2004, 07:20 PM   #7
wee me

yeh i dont think its the same for motheres and sons either. that would be strange. but anyway, ne goss ne1?
wee me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 10:54 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I don't mean to be rude, but I just feel that the girls on here are often much happier discussing such personal matters on their own boards. Since this, it seems, relates to daughters and their fathers, rather than mothers and their sons, and I don't know if there are that many fathers on here (I could be wrong, of course), this is largely a post that relates to the lovely KKW girls rather than us lads...so perhaps if you moved this to the girls' forums you'd get more candid replies?
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 10:57 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #9
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Doubtful Haz, everybody reads everything, especially now the forum is in disarray. I'll consider moving if the girls really want it to be
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 11:01 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #10
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Hehe...I didn't mean to sound like a git, it just seemed that their boards were so empty and could probably do with some extra material too

And it's not really the reading that gets candid responses, more the fact that they don't get ridiculed by slightly immature members of our own gender who let the rest of us down, since us blokes are banned from replying (and no, that is NOT a cue to start asking for a men-only forum...we don't need one, nor want one, nor will there ever be one...end of story)
Old 20-06-2004, 11:13 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #11
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Hehe...I didn't mean to sound like a git, it just seemed that their boards were so empty and could probably do with some extra material too

And it's not really the reading that gets candid responses, more the fact that they don't get ridiculed by slightly immature members of our own gender who let the rest of us down, since us blokes are banned from replying (and no, that is NOT a cue to start asking for a men-only forum...we don't need one, nor want one, nor will there ever be one...end of story)
So much spam in such a short amount of time. How unbelievable. Welcome back... I think.

Last edited by acliff; 21-06-2004 at 12:51 AM.
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 11:17 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
So much spam in such a short amount of time. How unbelievable. Welcome back... I think.
The Spaminator is back...I wouldn't have thought it was unbelievable at all. Rather expected I would've thought
Old 21-06-2004, 12:14 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #13
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I think it's wierd that girls want to be with guys who are like their dads. I have an okay relationship with my dad (better than with my mom, at least), yet I've had only shit relationships with guys, and I've already vowed never to get married. I'm not really taking that article too seriously, but thanks for sharing it.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 06:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
gracie
Goddess

yeah my friend wrote her psych term paper on that theory. its pretty widely accepted for both males and females. Oedipal complex anyone?

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
Lord knows, it would be the first time
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 06:19 PM   #15
Vertical Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
I think it's wierd that girls want to be with guys who are like their dads. I have an okay relationship with my dad (better than with my mom, at least), yet I've had only shit relationships with guys, and I've already vowed never to get married. I'm not really taking that article too seriously, but thanks for sharing it.
The article is not for all lady's... but it want shock me if its correct for most of the girls on this planet...
but what i am thinking... should this article only be about the modern west? because i think these kind of relationships with parents are alot different in the poor parts of africa and stuff...
Old 21-06-2004, 09:29 PM   #16
Newell4keira

Maybe but the topic is about daughters and fathers so that must mean from all over the worldso if someone in Africa did get on here (Wild i know) then they could post their views on here.
Newell4keira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 01:15 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #17
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie
yeah my friend wrote her psych term paper on that theory. its pretty widely accepted for both males and females. Oedipal complex anyone?
Well it's the Electra Complex for fathers and daughters if memory serves, whilst the Oedipus Complex is for sons and mothers...and if memory serves the two theories are similar, but not identical, with slightly different psychological reasons behind them.

That said, I'm no psychologist.
Old 22-06-2004, 01:27 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #18
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
That said, I'm no psychologist.
Just weird
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 01:28 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #19
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
Just weird

Oh yes...in NEED of a psychologist, no doubt...
Old 22-06-2004, 02:17 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #20
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess
Most definitely, and the Electra complex is the female equivalent, more or less.
Did I not say that? Have I been replaced already?