does she act in similar films or varied films? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 16-05-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
lostprophets

Talking does she act in similar films or varied films?

hey guys!
ive been looking at all ur comments about keira knightly for my media project (women in film) as im studying her and i thought maybe i would start a discussion and see what comes of it!!
basically, my question is, do you think that she plays similar roles in all her films or are they all completly different?
do you think she is a sex symbol if so is this why you are a member of her forum or do you think she is so popular because she is a good actress? which is more important to you, the sex appeal or acting skills?
i hope all of this makes sense to you!
please help me out guys!
thanx a lot!
xXx

Edit: Please be less lazy with your English in future. If you expect us to take the time to reply, then we can also expect you to take the extra two seconds required to type your words fully.

Last edited by barrington; 16-05-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 16-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
BrunoJA

They're all different, but they're mostly "strong women."

Yes, she's a sex symbol.

She's popular mostly because she's been in some popular films and she's beautiful. Mostly.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 02:51 AM   #3
baldinio13
Newcomer

Talking

i agree i think her roles are different but still strong characters!
sex appeal.. first.. but she┬┤s a good actress aswell! i for my self watch her movies because shes the most beautiful woman in the world... not because shes the best actress in the world!
i joind this forum.. because i cant talk about her with my friends.. none of them think shes this beautiful...
glad to help.. if this helps:P
baldinio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 12:59 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Thank you Baz. I got a headache reading that yesterday.
She's played a heroin addicted waitress (Pure) and an alcoholic waitress (The Jacket), so I guess they qualify as similar.
She's played a "Guinevere" twice (Princess of Thieves and King Arthur), though she kicked a lot more ass (literally) her second time around. Again, similar. She's been a bounty hunter (Domino), a hunted woman (Dr. Zhivago) and a socialite turned corpse (The Hole).
She played a bean-pole tomboy that could dribble and shoot (Bend it Like Beckham), which launched her rocket-ship to stardom.
She played a strong-willed Elizabeth (Pirates of the Caribbean)which brought her world-wide fame.
She played a strong-willed Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice) for which she got an Oscar nomination.
I think it's safe to say she has a bit more range than Lindsey Lohan.
The first thing I saw her in was Bend it Like Beckham, and I must admit, it was her beauty that caught my eye. But, as I began watching more of her films, it occurred to me that she also happens to be a supremely gifted actor. Her Oscar nomination only serves to reinforce that notion.
And, with her next three films slated, I would not be surprised to see another.
As for sex symbol status, yes. She is definitely a sex symbol, but more in the Audrey Hepburn/Grace Kelly/Natalie Wood vein, rather than the Marilyn Monroe/Angelina Jolie/Paris Hilton vein.
The acting skills are more important. There are a lot of pretty actresses in daytime soap-operas, but if I had to watch their God-awful acting all day, I'd dig my eyeballs out of their sockets with grapefruit spoons.
Old 17-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
BrunoJA

I thought it was crack in Pure...
Old 17-05-2006, 01:56 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoJA
I thought it was crack in Pure...
Nope. She was smoking heroin. She makes a comment about how she's not a real junkie because she doesn't shoot it like the boy's mother.
Old 17-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #7
BrunoJA

You're right...I forgot lol
Old 20-05-2006, 02:22 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

God you guys have too much time on your hands...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 12:51 AM   #9
baldinio13
Newcomer

Exclamation right!!

ive worked over 250 hours every month for at least last 6 months... so .. no i dont!
baldinio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 12:37 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #10
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
God you guys have too much time on your hands...
Gotta do something to occupy my time at work.
Old 22-05-2006, 12:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Gotta do something to occupy my time at work.
A man after my own heart!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
Steve84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoJA
They're all different, but they're mostly "strong women."

Yes, she's a sex symbol.

She's popular mostly because she's been in some popular films and she's beautiful. Mostly.
Thats the way i see it, Short and to the point. Films are different, but she has the 'Strong women' parts whether she's facing big challenges or just a bolshy cow. Except for 'The Hole' were she just acts the bitch then pukes a lot.

As for sex symbol? yeah i think so. though i find she's a bit too skinny these days..
Steve84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:49 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Frankie in The Hole is a lot deeper than that suggests. Frankie's not a bitch, she's just perceived that way by some. The truth is she's insecure (hence the bulimia) and craves genuine love and affection. However she confuses that with being popular and in order to remain popular she has to subvert her true self.

Quite an interesting critique of popularity and the price of it.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #14
Violet

Was going to write some long winded essay-style answer to this, but realised hasselbrad had written pretty much exactly what I was going to say, and had phrased much better to boot. So thanks for saving me the time and effort.

Hazzle's little insight into Frankie's character is also interesting, and I would have to agree with it. Interesting how much a seemingly predictable stereotype can have so much depth. Very interesting.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:48 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #15
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet
Was going to write some long winded essay-style answer to this, but realised hasselbrad had written pretty much exactly what I was going to say
He does that sometimes. Feel free to shoot him.