Favourite music? - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 16-05-2006, 06:23 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #21
Liam
Bogan Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
For different reasons though, lol.
Sure wouldnt be the difference in talent between them. Cause there isnt any.

Also, anyone who likes James Blunt needs an ear transplant. How any person equipped with a set of testicles and a penis can write such utter pussy, girly rot staggers the mind.
Old 16-05-2006, 10:38 AM   Senior Registered Member #22
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

James Blunt's Wisemen video clip is cool if its muted, get to watch him walk around on fire... oooh, so much infernal fun.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 02:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #23
Ashley

I like him. And apparently I'm not the only one with a hearing impairment being as his album is huge in the US and it was already huge when I was in Ireland and London earlier this year.
Old 16-05-2006, 07:13 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
Arbery

i love my heavy metal...its where all the good music is at and the wicked grooves! I also really like a bit of classic rock like AC/DC and Aerosmith to name a couple.

Recently i've been getting into funk and lots of chillout stuff thanks to the band i'm in which has really opened my tastes in music!
Old 16-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #25
once_dreaded

Location: Oregon, USA. Greenest state in the union, sorry Washitonians :oP
The Eagles
First Song: Get Over It
Fall in Love: One of These Nights
Current Fav: Best of my Love

Elvis
First Song: Hound Dog
Fall in Love: All Shook Up
Current Fav: Teddy Bear

Melissa Etheridge
First Song: Come to my Window
Fall in Love: The Ruins
Current Fav: The Ruins

Neil Diamond (thanks mom...since before my birth)
First Song: (God only knows) Beautiful Noise
Fall in Love: Longfellow Serenade
Current Fav: Girl You'll be a Woman Soon

Creedance Clear Water Revival
First Song: Proud Mary
Fall in Love: Down on the Corner
Current Fav: Heard it Through the Grapevine

Garth Brooks
First Song: Thunder Rolls
Fall in Love: Friends in Low Places
Current Fav: Unanswered Prayers

Heart
First Song: All I Want to do is Make Love to You
Fall in Love: Magic Man
Current Fav: Crazy on You
#88 in the Keira Knightley Posse
once_dreaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 04:31 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #26
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Sure wouldnt be the difference in talent between them. Cause there isnt any.
Agreed.

Current favourites:

Fall Out Boy
Panic! At the Disco
The Subways
Kaiser Chiefs
Arctic Monkeys
Story of The Year
Funeral for a Friend
My Chemical Romance
Brand New
The Used
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 05:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #27
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Agreed.

Current favourites:

Fall Out Boy
Panic! At the Disco
The Subways
Kaiser Chiefs
Arctic Monkeys
Story of The Year
Funeral for a Friend
My Chemical Romance
Brand New
The Used
How can you be from England and like some of the shittiest American music?
Old 21-05-2006, 06:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman
How can you be from England and like some of the shittiest American music?
I don't. As I pointed out, the Black Eyed Pees suck. I'd be curious to know which bands in particular your comments related to.

Every single one of those artists I've listed has brilliant lyrics. That tends to define great music to me. Pretty much every piece of music borrows heavily from music already written; therefore the only thing that can define truly original music, in the modern era, is lyrics.

Note: I'm talking about current tastes. I notice your list includes some artists that are no longer around. And the modern bands you've listed pretty much all suck terribly.

Oh...and Ska is dead. None of the "modern" ska bands cut it.
Old 21-05-2006, 06:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #29
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
I don't. As I pointed out, the Black Eyed Pees suck. I'd be curious to know which bands in particular your comments related to.
All the American ones you mentioned. Swordsmans right!
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 06:53 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #30
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
All the American ones you mentioned. Swordsmans right!
Most of the stuff you like is pretentious wank. I "love" bands who write lyrics that on the surface seem very clever but don't ACTUALLY make sense. It's an attempt to seem creative and original but failing miserably.

You're both so wrong. Tards the pair of you.

Oh...and if I listed my all time favourites it'd put the pair of you to shame. Jacoby's list reads like a fine list of bands that showed promise and then ultimately showed they lacked the talent for the big time.

Put it this way...your grandkids won't have heard of any of the bands on your list Jake. My top 10 reads like a who's who. Those are just some of the more current bands I like as it's boring if everyone says "Coldplay, Muse, Radiohead" etc.
Old 21-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #31
Katielondon
Jezebel

Quote:
Most of the stuff you like is pretentious wank. I "love" bands who write lyrics that on the surface seem very clever but don't ACTUALLY make sense. It's an attempt to seem creative and original but failing miserably.

You're both so wrong. Tards the pair of you.

Oh...and if I listed my all time favourites it'd put the pair of you to shame. Jacoby's list reads like a fine list of bands that showed promise and then ultimately showed they lacked the talent for the big time.

Put it this way...your grandkids won't have heard of any of the bands on your list Jake. My top 10 reads like a who's who. Those are just some of the more current bands I like as it's boring if everyone says "Coldplay, Muse, Radiohead" etc.

your forgetting though that Coldplay are shit, they write whiny depressing drivel,im not a violent person but i would like to smack Chris Martin repeatadly over the head with a shovel and scream 'stop torturing us with your crap,make some proper music'
guess it must just be me that feels that strongly about them then?
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 07:13 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #32
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Coldplay are fucking brilliant. Whiny, yes, but musically and lyrically superb.

I must be alone as someone who doesn't just like music because it's "good to listen to". I actually don't care if it hurts my ears, so long as it shows creativity. That's what art is all about.

If I liked stuff that was easy to listen to I'd be listening to chart drivel; RnB, dance and plastic pop. Actually scratch that. That stuff DOES hurt my ears.

If I may add...I hope you're not one of those people who liked Coldplay, and then when the trend shifted so that hating Coldplay was "cool" you shifted with it. I actually hate the Coldplay saga...first they were the "cool" band for everyone to like, even people who actually hadn't heard much of their music, people who jumped on the bandwagon, and then all of a sudden, it's "cool" to hate them now.

I hate the anti-Coldplay bandwagon, and actually I hate how it's ever "cool" to hate a band simply because they're talented.
Old 21-05-2006, 07:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #33
Swordsman
Voted Best!

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH! EVERYONE NEEDS TO COOOOL OUT! BACK THE FUCK UP!

Okay, for the most part ska is dead. I love 2Tone and can't let it go. You're gonna tell me there's a band you listen to that isn't around anymore? Streetlight Manifesto, Big D And The Kids Table, and (for the most part) the Toasters got skills, mostly it's all with Streetlight.

As for what i was referring to as shitty i was talking about Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco, Story Of the Year, MCR, Brand New, and The Used. All those bands are unoriginal and fake. I heard that same kind of music in the fifth grade when it was actually somewhat respectable, now it's all for cash and it's all the same shit, with bad music, lyrics, and fake bullshiters(Pete Wentz)

For the modern bands i've listed you're gonna tell me that Fugazi, Dillinger Four, and Bandits Of The Acoustic Revolution don't have skills? If anything they're some of the best modern bands you're gonna find. Ian Mackaye(Fugazi, Minor Threat) is one of the greatest men to ever put the pen to paper with subjects from racism to doing drugs to politics.

Dillinger Four...how do you hate D4? If you can listen to the albums Versus God and Midwestern Songs For The Americas and not respect what they do then you truly just have bad taste in music and can't tell where the truth of it all is.

Sorry for this semi long post.
Old 21-05-2006, 07:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #34
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Lol. How can you generalise about bands that are so different?

MCR and The Used are Emo.

Story of the Year are post-grunge really.

Fall Out Boy are pop-punk.

Panic! At the Disco are jazz-pop.

In fact Panic! are easily the most original band around at the moment. Their new single is actually unlike anything that's been written in my lifetime, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Yes, I mean what we need are MORE bands writing about doing drugs and politics. It's not like politics was done a LOT better by the punk bands in the 70s and basically any political band these days is pretty shit. For the most part their political standpoints are stupid...God I hate Democrats. If they actually ran the world we'd all be dead.
Old 21-05-2006, 08:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #35
Swordsman
Voted Best!

The hell are you talking about? Do you only know the bands MTV tells you about? In the 1970s the only good political band was The Clash and all the other punk bands just sort yelled about how things were bad not what the people should do. Today the best political band is Propagandhi. So i suggest you learn yo ass some knowledge and listen up.

If you think that Panic At The Disco is the most original thing in your lifetime then it's obvious you have never listened to music that's not on MTV. I'm just going to have to go by your tastes in music that you're a twelve-year-old girl.

Oh and my bad on Ian Mackaye. He's the one that coined the term 'Straight Edge' and when i said "doing drugs" i meant something along the lines of how "doing drugs is lame as hell".
Old 21-05-2006, 08:55 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #36
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
The hell are you talking about? Do you only know the bands MTV tells you about? In the 1970s the only good political band was The Clash and all the other punk bands just sort yelled about how things were bad not what the people should do. Today the best political band is Propagandhi. So i suggest you learn yo ass some knowledge and listen up.

If you think that Panic At The Disco is the most original thing in your lifetime then it's obvious you have never listened to music that's not on MTV. I'm just going to have to go by your tastes in music that you're a twelve-year-old girl.

Oh and my bad on Ian Mackaye. He's the one that coined the term 'Straight Edge' and when i said "doing drugs" i meant something along the lines of how "doing drugs is lame as hell".
Lol. I haven't watched MTV since I was a 12 year old girl. Or something.

But seriously, no. I discovered these bands AGES ago. LONG before they became popular. I actually hate the fact that they've become popular but then, so did The Beatles, so did Nirvana...it happens.

I discover my own music. The Clash were the only widely-known political punk band. There were a lot of others. Maybe YOU need to do some research. The last good political band were Rage Against The Machine, and since then, there hasn't been one. Propagandhi are shit. Leftist bullshit.

Incidentally I didn't say Panic! as a band were the most original band I've ever heard. Far from it. But the new single is the only successful pop-Jazz fusion I've heard. I listen to a lot of jazz, and that single has an interesting take on it.

As for drugs being crap...that topic HAS been done to death. Trust me.

You're entitled to your opinions, but being a musical snob isn't particularly clever. Clearly you've formed prejudiced views about these bands, in fact I wonder if you've ever actually listened to a single one of their albums in full, taken a look at the lyrics and seen beyond the crap that's spouted about them. It's just typical judgemental bullshit by people who think anything "popular" has to be bad...that's a fallacy. The Beatles were ALWAYS popular and ALWAYS brilliant. I mean you demonstrate your prejudice by your comments about MTV...I loathe MTV, all it stands for, and I'm the most disappointed of all that these artists find themselves on MTV.

Incidentally...when was the last time you saw Brand New or The Used on MTV? I know the other bands I mentioned have all drifted into the mainstream (shit happens) but not those two.
Old 21-05-2006, 09:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #37
Swordsman
Voted Best!

...FIIIINE. Truce.

Rage Against The Machine is good. I just listened to the new Propagandhi album and now...i don't think they're very good anymore. But i still like their old albums.

On the subject of all those bands albums. I have heard most of them because last year i got a ride home with a douche bag who loved that kind of music and he refused to turn it down. As for my hate for MTV it's that most of the shit on there is....shit. I mean i'm still a fan of some bands/rappers on MTV but it's mostly yah know....shit. I've always hated Brand New and The Used i just assumed they were on MTV by now. Brand New just makes my ears bleed i mean...i just can't take that shit.

You saying that the subject of drugs has been done to death just makes me think that you don't know who Ian Mackaye, is because his whole thing happened in like 1980 which was the hardcore boom. Which makes most of this small fight a bit tough. It seems to me that you don't know the majority of the bands i listed.

Do you hate Bear Vs. Shark, Lightning Bolt, Q and Not U, Ted Leo, Pixies, Gza, Raekwon, Lightning Bolt, Bad Religion, Lawrence Arms, None More Black, Royal Noise Brigade, or Talib. I mean you just sort of smash the entire genre. I don't even know if you know if you actually get these guys. I mean if you're gonna fuck me up then go ahead but at least let me know that you actually know what's up all around.

I wish i could get more into jazz.
Old 21-05-2006, 09:37 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #38
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
You saying that the subject of drugs has been done to death just makes me think that you don't know who Ian Mackaye, is because his whole thing happened in like 1980 which was the hardcore boom. Which makes most of this small fight a bit tough. It seems to me that you don't know the majority of the bands i listed.
I'm not dissing Ian Mackaye. Simply stating that the subject of drugs has been done to death. And I personally don't enjoy it as a lyrical subject. I personally never got into the whole Fugazi scene. I know a lot of people who like them but I just never dug it. Much like you didn't dig the music your ride made you listen to but I probably would have.

I generally hate all lefties with a vengeance. Anyone who advocates communism or veganism needs to be shot. VERY rarely a band (like Rage) manages to grab me even though I think their politics is shit. Just because the way they express it forces you to listen.

Meh...horses for courses. You still suck though.
Old 21-05-2006, 09:42 PM   Senior Registered Member #39
Swordsman
Voted Best!

...I was ready to call it quits before i read that last line. Did i hate on my last post? Let me answer that for you, no i didn't hate on you in my last post.

If you would like to continue being a lame boner crusher go right ahead.
Old 21-05-2006, 09:52 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #40
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
...I was ready to call it quits before i read that last line. Did i hate on my last post? Let me answer that for you, no i didn't hate on you in my last post.
I didn't hate on you either. Was a piss-take.

Quote:
If you would like to continue being a lame boner crusher go right ahead.
"Boner crusher"? Is that some sort of adult massage or something? Doesn't sound very pleasant...