Dornan Still Talking About Keira.... - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #41
Pearl
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 180
Leonie, point in case, no one is considered a fan unless you are a Keira ass kisser. See my thread on this:

http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums...ead.php?t=2468

How dare you say something negative about Keira! I shall burn you in oil!
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #42
BrunoJA
Member
 
BrunoJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cranium
Posts: 279
...except no one is saying anything like that...
__________________
It ain't easy to swallow, it sticks in the throat,
She gave her heart to the man
In the long black coat.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #43
Idle
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
Leonie, point in case, no one is considered a fan unless you are a Keira ass kisser
....
How dare you say something negative about Keira! I shall burn you in oil!
That's not my point at all.
I don't mind that Leonie dislikes Keira. It's none of my business telling anyone else what they should or should not like.

But when it's said that there has been a change in Keira's behaviour and I don't see it then I think it's fair enough to debate the matter. Just to clarify everyones positions and find out exactly what it is we're seeing differently. Not because we must end up all agreeing.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #44
Idle
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
For me, what's put me off Keira is the constant pouting extraordinaire. She's always done it a bit, and it never bothered me, but by now, it's starting to look stupid.
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth so correct me if I'm wrong.
But isn't what you're saying here that it's you who's changed and not Keira?
Which would be fair enough, but would also explain why the change could be hard for others to see.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #45
Pearl
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 180
You know this makes me wonder, if Keira weren't as beautiful as she is, how many of you would go to such great lengths to defend her 'honor' because someone had a negative opinion on her.

And don't say it's because she's a great actress or has a great personality. Kate Winslet has is a MUCH better actress and is a great person but no one defends her tooth and nail when someone says she's a fat ass.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #46
BrunoJA
Member
 
BrunoJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cranium
Posts: 279
Well, now you're getting into why we even like her. Which I can't neatly answer.

By the way, I don't think anyone here is trying to "defend her honor" in this discussion...and believe me, there are plenty of Kate Winslet fans. They're just over at KW Wavefront, or something.
__________________
It ain't easy to swallow, it sticks in the throat,
She gave her heart to the man
In the long black coat.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #47
Idle
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
Kate Winslet has is a MUCH better actress and is a great person
Do you know her personally?
Quote:
but no one defends her tooth and nail when someone says she's a fat ass.
Why don't you try it? I'm quite sure you'll find that you're mistaken.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #48
Pearl
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle
Do you know her personally?
Do you know Keira personally?
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #49
Idle
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
Do you know Keira personally?
No. I also haven't claimed to know that Keira is a great person. How could I when I don't know her?

So, do you know Kate Winslett personally?
Or are you just a fan because she's beautiful?
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #50
BrunoJA
Member
 
BrunoJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cranium
Posts: 279
Why is it this is going nowhere? lol
__________________
It ain't easy to swallow, it sticks in the throat,
She gave her heart to the man
In the long black coat.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #51
Pearl
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 180
Because fanboys just refuse to admit their fandom and move on with their lives?
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #52
BrunoJA
Member
 
BrunoJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cranium
Posts: 279
Uh...I only see people trying to reasonably discuss something with a few people pulling out the "irrational fan" card before the discussion even starts...

And I think fandom is admitted by all posting on a Keira Knightley fansite.
__________________
It ain't easy to swallow, it sticks in the throat,
She gave her heart to the man
In the long black coat.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 12:04 AM   Senior Registered Member #53
kingdumbass
Senior Member
 
kingdumbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: michigan, usa
Posts: 866
I like Keira more when she's not all glammed up....
Lookee here. Below is link to the blog of someone who met Keira in Rome just a few weeks ago, and got a pic with her. I think Keira looks prettier in this pic than she has in several months, and part of the reason is that she's not trying. And she looks so young!

http://karahope.blogspot.com/2006/04/good-friday.html
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 12:19 AM   #54
BrunoJA
Member
 
BrunoJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cranium
Posts: 279
I like everyone better when they aren't glammed up...
__________________
It ain't easy to swallow, it sticks in the throat,
She gave her heart to the man
In the long black coat.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 02:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #55
Swordsman
Voted Best!
 
Swordsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DIY LV
Posts: 514
She looks like better when she's not "glammed up" because she looks like a real person. That's why a lot of people get an infatuation with her for a while and end up here.

Back to Leonie's thing, she's a blockbuster actress now there's gonna be more "die hard" fans with every movie she makes now.
__________________
Fuck the punk scene, up the punk community.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 04:07 AM   #56
baldinio13
Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in iceland!!
Posts: 18
Talking

Keira Knightley is the most beautiful person in the world! no doubt.. i dont know her.. and i dont care! i like her for her looks
baldinio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 04:26 AM   #57
BrunoJA
Member
 
BrunoJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cranium
Posts: 279
A good enough reason lol
__________________
It ain't easy to swallow, it sticks in the throat,
She gave her heart to the man
In the long black coat.
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 08:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #58
kingdumbass
Senior Member
 
kingdumbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: michigan, usa
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
You know this makes me wonder, if Keira weren't as beautiful as she is, how many of you would go to such great lengths to defend her 'honor' because someone had a negative opinion on her.

And don't say it's because she's a great actress or has a great personality. Kate Winslet has is a MUCH better actress and is a great person but no one defends her tooth and nail when someone says she's a fat ass.
Do you REALLY know that Kate Winslet is a better actress than Keira Knightley?
Let's say that "Titanic" was being made RIGHT NOW, and Keira was given Kate's role. Do you really KNOW that she wouldn't be just as great as Kate was? No, you don't.

There is simply something compelling about Keira, which is why she attracts interest. Even her detractors seem to know an awful lot about her, which is telling. People notice her, and she gets a reaction out of them. Is Keira really a good actress? Well, I think she is, but objectively speaking, that question has not been TOTALLY answered yet. However, it WILL be answered in the next year or so, which is part of what interests me about Knightley. She has shown flashes of brilliance in recent films, and her performances AS A WHOLE may or may not have been great. I want to see what she does next.

As far as defending her -- I see her attacked in all sorts of ridiculously unfair ways in various quarters. I say fuck that. I will viciously attack anyone who talks shit, and doesn't know what they're saying.

Truth told, I think that Keira will be the next Kate Winslet.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 12:52 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #59
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
Long before Hollywood discovered Keira, long before the masses did, it felt like we at KKW were the only people who knew about her, like she was our little brilliant secret

She was very, very cool, and we seemed the only people who realised it. I'm not saying she's not cool anymore, but to me, she has lost a lot of her appeal in slowly conforming to Hollywood's standard interview layout in the last few years.
You sound like an R.E.M. fan.
She's still a hell of a lot cooler and normal than 99% of the actresses I've seen. Most of the "conforming" comes from the format of the show. When she goes on Leno or Letterman, there are certain things the studio wants her to say and there are certain formats that each of those talk shows follow to that end. That's why the 'cleavage painting' story gets told over and over. It fits their format for the type of (safely) humorous story that works for them. They know it's going to get a laugh.
Put Keira on Ellen DeGeneres' show, and she plays Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head on her teeth. Ellen's show is more of a reflection of her style and personality, which, in turn, reveals her guest's personality.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #60
once_dreaded
Member
 
once_dreaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon, USA. Greenest state in the union, sorry Washitonians :oP
Posts: 448
I listened to the song...dude wrote a after-the-break-up song like we've heard so many times from so many other artisits. The only reason we're disecting it is because it happens to be about an actress we love. So what about the other artists that have made $$$ off of trashing their exes or discussing a break-up in song/book? There's no shame in opening up your feelings about a break-up to the world, Jamie at least did it without completely insulting Keira, I found the weak-thing uncool but that's the way Jamie sees her and he knows her SO well since he was with her for 2 years.
__________________
Once_Dreaded but never feared
#88 in the Keira Knightley Posse
once_dreaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.