Oscars and Bafta - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 27-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #1
bed123

Angry Oscars and Bafta

Hi there, first, great website keep it up. secondly, I was gutted Keira didn't win the oscar, she WAS Elizabeth Bennett, I guess if she starred in a film with a "social message" and set in LA rather than 19th century England she would have won hands down. She has proven she is one of the best young actresses around now and yet she didn't even get a BAFTA nomination. Why? Its crazy! yours, celt.
Old 27-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
fandekeira

i totaly agree with u! i like reese witherspoon but they could gave it to keira cus she's young and like u said she prouved that she was one of the best actress !! well let's hope she'll win the net year!!!
fandekeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 10:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
kingdumbass

I have learned from hanging out on various movie forums that the English are much harder on Miss Knightley than us Americans....
In particular, aspiring actors and drama students in London seem to get riled by her. Seriously -- some of these people can be REAL bitter and petty (and occassionally nasty). They are convinced that she's had everything handed to her by her parents. Therefore, it's no surprise that she was not nominated for a BAFTA. In a way, I think that for her to get a BAFTA nom would be substantially more difficult than an Oscar nom. If she ever gets a BAFTA nom, it will be very significant.

She has gotten consistently better at her job with each film she's been in for the past two years or so...and in her last two movies, in particular, she was downright good (bordering on great; in fact, I think she WAS great in Domino). The only thing she can do is build on what she's accomplished so far, and maybe, eventually, she will be recognised by the BAFTAs. She has to be good in Silk, and she should be great in Atonement.

I'm betting that she will be.

And I think she'll be back at the Oscars one of these days.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Pearl

I don't know. Most people I know think she got where she is today because of her looks. And yes, I do think this is slightly true because there are MUCH better actors than her and that don't get have the attention as Keira does.

Her parents? Please, no ones even heard of them here before Keira became a star.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote