Keira & the Paparazzi (from Photo Sightings) - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #1
kingdumbass

LeonieEdit: I've gone and split this separate discussion from the original photo sightings thread, so that one can go back on topic. The pictures discussed are these: http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/sh...&postcount=911
Back to Kingdumbass' post

Again, she looks kind of sad....

Last edited by Leonie; 10-03-2006 at 09:40 AM. Reason: explanation about the split thread thing
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 AM   Officer #2
EmotionSickness
Cutie

She looks annoyed to me. These are paparazzi photos, after all.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
BrunoJA

Jules didn't wear so much eye makeup, either...
BrunoJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:11 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #4
Leonie
Elle

Can I just say that she's really starting to look a bit full of herself? She's at a fucking photoshoot, of course there will be pictures taken. Yeah, they're paparazzi pics, but it's not like they're taking photos of her personal life, is it? She's starting to feel awfully sorry for herself.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:13 AM   #5
BrunoJA

Let's not jump to conclusions, shall we?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:17 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #6
Leonie
Elle

I'm not jumping to anything. I've been on this website, and a fan of Keira's, for about 3 years now, and this whole diva thing is completely new. I can understand why stars would be upset about having pictures of their personal life taken. This isn't it though, and she's at a photoshoot. It's part of her job. Part of the reason she's going to be on that cover is because she's famous. Part of the reason she's famous is because people like this photographer take pictures of her. She's looking awesome, she's got about a metric tonne of make up on, and the lighting and the scenery is perfect. It is not in any way evading her private life. What's with the mopy face?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 AM   #7
BrunoJA

What "diva thing"? You have no idea why she looks that way in those pictures. Maybe she's just having a bad day. Those looks could be interpreted a thousand different ways.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:25 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #8
Leonie
Elle

Perhaps you and I interprete the pictures differently, but to my mind there are at least two of them where she's looking right at the camera and giving it a filthy look. Or perhaps that is her model face. Either way, I miss happy, smiley Keira. Pouty, broody Keira? Not quite as cool.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:37 AM   #9
BrunoJA

Of the ones where she is looking at the photographer, only the second is big enough to really see any expression. It looks like a filthy look, I suppose, but people aren't always aware of the way they appear to others. I wouldn't assume she's become a diva just because she's scowling at a paparazzi photographer. She also looks to be scowling in the other photos.

I want happy, smiley Keira, too...I think that's what kingdumbass is talking about. She doesn't look happy, any way you look at it.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:40 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #10
Leonie
Elle

As a model and an actress, you know damn well what your face looks like, and how you appear. It's a key part of the job, isn't it? All I'm saying is Keira, try not to bite the hand that fed you.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #11
BrunoJA

True, she probably knows what she looks like.

However, she owes the paparazzi nothing.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #12
Leonie
Elle

"Owe" is a big word. I do think they are part of what propelled her to stardom though, and think it unwise to snub them just for the sake of snubbing them. When paparazzi invade your private life, I can see why you'd be upset. This is her doing her job though, nothing private about it. Her job entails being taken pictures of. Why get stroppy because there happens to be another git with a camera there?

Heh - if she doesn't know what she looks like, perhaps that would explain why she didn't win the Oscar? (I kid, I kid, no need to get upset and I thought Pride & Prejudice was brilliant )

I'd love to discuss this further, but for now, I have to get to uni
Old 10-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #13
BrunoJA

Paparazzi be damned. Whoever took those pictures probably wasn't even supposed to be there. All they do is distract her from what she's trying to focus on--be it shopping, dining out, or making a movie. Photos taken for a photoshoot and photos taken without permission in an underhand way are very different. It's not all just photography. Paparazzi photography is unwanted. The photoshoots, on the other hand, are contracted and agreed upon by both parties.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
kingdumbass

Leonie....
I noticed that you used the word "Diva". Could it be that you're letting that tabloid report affect your perception?

And by the way, the Diva story printed by the Star was actually contradicted by a set designer on the set of the latest Pirates (I could find the link for you if you like). When this guy saw the story on a forum, he said it didn't describe Keira at all.

And I don't think it's unreasonable at all for her to not be in the greatest mood on a constant basis lately. The past month or so must have been pure madness for someone in her position. Stressful. And you'll notice that she was quite friendly in all of the Oscar interviews. All accounts I've heard from people who have met her in the past few weeks continue to be positive -- she was very friendly.

I think that what she needs is a vacation.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #15
kingdumbass

And one more thing....

http://community.livejournal.com/kei...23.html#cutid1

Here are some additional pictures from that shoot. She doesn't look quite so unhappy in all of them.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:07 AM   #16
Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
Part of the reason she's famous is because people like this photographer take pictures of her.
No. You don't become famous because the paparazzi are following you. It's always the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
She's looking awesome, she's got about a metric tonne of make up on, and the lighting and the scenery is perfect. It is not in any way evading her private life. What's with the mopy face?
So now she has an obligation to put on a fake smile if anyone within a two mile radius is carrying a camera? That's just crazy.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:19 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #17
Liam
Bogan Elite

Leonie is right.

Celebrities know full well what they are getting into with the fame thing, and I feel no sympathy whatsoever for them. They are going to cop all the attention in the world and if they are unable to deal with the unwanted attention of a few rogue photographers, then they are in the wrong job.

Suck it up princess.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #18
kingdumbass

Yeah, well this is coming from a guy who said on this board that he's in favor of Keira mutilating herself with surgery....
And here's more from the shoot:
http://www.eastnews.com.pl/news/wyni...raza=knightley

Oh, and here's some more where she's looking happy. In fact, one of these pics actually shows her stopping to take a picture with a fan. Could it just be that maybe she NOT totally miserable, and we're all just paying too close attention to every facial expression she makes because of all the recent happenings?
http://www.eastnews.com.pl/news/wyni...htley&strona=6
Old 10-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #19
Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
They are going to cop all the attention in the world and if they are unable to deal with the unwanted attention of a few rogue photographers, then they are in the wrong job.
And nothing in the pictures indicates that she isn't dealing with it just fine.

But you seem to suggest that she's obliged to put on a show for the paparazzi. Nonsense, she's there to do a job.

If you took candid pictures of me during a typical working day you'd get a lot where I'm not smiling or looking particularly happy. That doesn't make me a diva or mean that I don't like what I do.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:48 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #20
Liam
Bogan Elite

In favour of mutilating herself with surgery? Perhaps you missed the sarcasm. Honestly, I don't care about what she does with her body. I don't give two shits whether she gives the photographers which only contribute to her popularity the cold shoulder. And finally I really don't care what people blinded by their fanboy-ism about a person they havent met, spoken to or interacted at all with have to say about any given topic on an internet forum.

You haven't met Keira. If you had, you wouldnt be here. You have never had any sort of interaction with her. And you never will. You are NOT qualified in any way, shape or form to make any sort of judgement call on her personality, likeability, or anything else for that matter. All you have to go on is a few interviews and the few hundred megabytes of pictures and magazine scans you have on your hard disk. And honestly? That counts for precisely two-thirds of bugger all.

Last edited by Liam; 10-03-2006 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Typo.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote