Euro 2004 - Page 5 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 26-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #81
Edward

nice greece

i want czech repub to win now
Old 26-06-2004, 01:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #82
Sephiroth v2.0

It's definantly Czechs all the way for me, especially after the Holland game which they played amazingly well in. Baros has played great this tournament and players like him aren't done justics (So it seems) in a Liverpool Jersey.
After being crushed by our defeat (Who the fuck paid off the ref) and snubbed by the Portugese (No you didn't deserve to win it... cunts) I want to see a team who deserves it win this year. Thus the Czechs, who won all three group matches and have look solid yet exciting have my support.
Now don't get me wrong I like the portugese team, but I think that they won't recognise our right to that victory is shameful. They have some great talent (Deco, Ronaldo) and stand to do well, but I will be backing another England rival now (Come on Larsson) as they have dissapointed me as hosts.
Sephiroth v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2004, 01:42 PM   First Class Member Officer #83
Sarah
Nice

<Mass Edit> <I realise all you Americans hate me, but never mind, I'm sure I will survive <

As for the Euro. Come on Greece. You can do it, boys!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2004, 01:54 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #84
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth v2.0
It's definantly Czechs all the way for me, especially after the Holland game which they played amazingly well in. Baros has played great this tournament and players like him aren't done justics (So it seems) in a Liverpool Jersey.
After being crushed by our defeat (Who the fuck paid off the ref) and snubbed by the Portugese (No you didn't deserve to win it... cunts) I want to see a team who deserves it win this year. Thus the Czechs, who won all three group matches and have look solid yet exciting have my support.
Now don't get me wrong I like the portugese team, but I think that they won't recognise our right to that victory is shameful. They have some great talent (Deco, Ronaldo) and stand to do well, but I will be backing another England rival now (Come on Larsson) as they have dissapointed me as hosts.
Yeah...I agree entirely...Czechs all the way for me...they're better than the Portuguese, as were we...but they don't have the bad luck we seem to always get at major tournaments...but I don't think it'll even come to that...Sweden and Holland are both better than Portugal in my view...Sweden were superb in the group stages and whilst Holland were somewhat fortunate to get through (two dubious goals against Latvia, one dubious one against the Czechs, and a lucky equaliser against the Germans when they deserved to lose) if they play like they can, they can destroy Portugal. Robben looks a class act, though I hate to say it...him being a Chelsea man and all.

Speaking of which I think it's great news for England that Chelsea have opted NOT to buy Deco and cultivate Joe Cole into the next Deco...if Mourinho can work the same magic he did with Deco (who was an average player 2 years ago with LOADS of potential he was wasting...like Joe Cole) then we may well have another superstar player and the answer to our left side problems, and the fact that of our team only Rooney seems able to dribble.

C'mon Sweden v Czech Republic final...

Last edited by Hazzle; 26-06-2004 at 02:16 PM.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2004, 05:15 PM   First Class Member Officer #85
Sarah
Nice

Football clubs have money to burn it would seem. I wish they'd give some money to GTFC. Apparnetly, Man U are going to bid £22 Million for Rooney. Bloody Hell.
Old 26-06-2004, 08:41 PM   First Class Member Officer #86
Sarah
Nice

After reading the newspapers this morning, they showed us funny pictures that have been going round the internet. I think they are so funny. Bring back a smile!

Urs and his guide dog. hehehe

Good advice for the ref

Wrong sport, love. lol

Beckham's new book deal

If I find the rest I'll be sure to post them. And they say we are bad losers...
Old 26-06-2004, 09:17 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #87
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Football clubs have money to burn it would seem. I wish they'd give some money to GTFC. Apparnetly, Man U are going to bid £22 Million for Rooney. Bloody Hell.
That'll work...since Everton have said he's worth 50. Chelsea'll just come over the top...he's a 50 million pound man...either Chelsea or Real Madrid (do not be surprised if they make a bid...they did last year and that was before Euro 2004...after how poor Raul's been...)

He was only ever interested in the move to United on the back of Walter Smith being number 2...now Queroz is back I think he'd prefer Chelsea...

Oh, and the Beckham insults are so uncalled for...against Turkey it was the spot...against France it was a good pen just well saved...and against Portugal it was an even worse spot...any idiot can see that.

When all's said and done we didn't pass the ball well enough and retain possession. We were robbed of a late winner, but we really need to retain possession at this level...it's largely because so many of our players play in England where it's easy to get the ball back if you lose it...I'd love to see Lampard go to Italy, Gerrard too...so they can become better at keeping the ball. Rooney to go to Real and learn off of Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo wouldn't be bad either
Old 26-06-2004, 09:39 PM   First Class Member Officer #88
Sarah
Nice

I still think the pictures are funny.
Old 27-06-2004, 10:06 AM   #89
ralfusius
Nutter Boris

What did I told you? Holland would win! and they did it!
It wasn't a great match but we finally won on penalties, this heels our wounds (the one from euro 2000 against italy the most.)
mark my words: we'll make it to the final!
Old 27-06-2004, 10:48 AM   First Class Member Officer #90
Sarah
Nice

Congratulations are in order for Holland, I was rooting for you last night.
Old 27-06-2004, 10:48 AM   #91
Edward

come on england

we are going to win euro 2004!!!!!!
Old 27-06-2004, 10:53 AM   First Class Member Officer #92
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward
come on england

we are going to win euro 2004!!!!!!
I wonder what illness you have. Poor boy.
Old 27-06-2004, 02:37 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #93
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfusius
What did I told you? Holland would win! and they did it!
It wasn't a great match but we finally won on penalties, this heels our wounds (the one from euro 2000 against italy the most.)
mark my words: we'll make it to the final!
Yeah, wasn't exactly convincing mate...Sweden had at least 2 golden chances in extra time to win the game...very lucky

That said, you should still be good enough to beat Portugal...but whoever wins tonight's quarter between the Czechs and Danes will be the winner, in my view...the Czechs are THE form team (and will probably win it...they have the best attacking football around and the tournament so far has favoured those teams that play attacking football over those who play defensive football...just ask Italy, Germany and Spain who all sat back too many times) but if the Danes beat them, they'll have SO much confidence...I think the winner will certainly come from the Czech/Dane/Greek side of the draw...the Czechs the form team, anyone who beats them will be confident, the Greeks beat both the hosts and the holders, so who's left for them to fear? Just the Czechs, I'd say...

Czech-Holland final was actually what I thought when England and France were both knocked out...I hoped the Swedes would beat you, and they deserved to, but on paper the Dutch and Czechs started the tournament with the best teams.
Old 28-06-2004, 09:42 AM   #94
Edward

so who do you think is going to get the golden boot?

ruud van or baros?
Old 28-06-2004, 02:58 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #95
Liam
Bogan Elite

Haz is only saying that to spite me, knowing that I am cheering for Holland.

With President Bush visiting Ireland recently, security was pretty fucking tight. There was a call into the radio that said 'something has just been shot down moving high and fast over Shannon Airport. Turns out it was Beckham's penalty shot.'

Ho ho. Thought I would share that.
Old 28-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #96
ralfusius
Nutter Boris

Old 28-06-2004, 06:26 PM   #97
tarmadir
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfusius
Isn’t this a little bit drastic.
Impressing German skills you have, by the way.
Anyway the Dutch need to hurry up if the want to win something until... lets say 2020. I mean with the greenhouse effect and all.
tarmadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 06:34 PM   First Class Member Officer #98
Sarah
Nice

I wouldn't go posting graphics like that. You'll feel more the fool if you lose.
Old 28-06-2004, 07:22 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #99
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Czech mate
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 09:50 PM   #100
Vertical Vortex

just came back, had a long weekend and stuff
butt want to add:
HOLLAND is the best...!!! but we will lose next time... or we lose against the Czechs...

this is me while watching Netherland-Sweden

i am the moron on the right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmadir
Isn’t this a little bit drastic.
Impressing German skills you have, by the way.
Anyway the Dutch need to hurry up if the want to win something until... lets say 2020. I mean with the greenhouse effect and all.
hmm, maybe you did not know YET... but we dutch build the best dikes on the world... we WILL survive!