Euro 2004 - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 24-06-2004, 09:39 PM   First Class Member Officer #41
Sarah
Nice

We WON that game. The swiss ref WAS being bias. I cannot believe he disallowed the goal. There was NOTHING wrong with it.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 09:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #42
Pete
Monty

glad im dont live in portugal tonight......

thousands of drunken england supporters drowning their sorrows and trashinf the town.... tomorrows papers going to be interesting.....

beckham should have scored - cant believe he skyed it!!!! at least vassel had it on target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 09:46 PM   First Class Member Officer #43
Sarah
Nice

Beckham needs to retire. He's old and past it. How SLOW ws he tonight? Sorry Beckham, you need to leave.
Old 24-06-2004, 09:49 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #44
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Don't really know what's going on with the whole European football stuff...but...sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 09:51 PM   First Class Member Officer #45
Sarah
Nice

We lost... yes, but ONLY because the ref disallowed a PERFECT goal. The anger I am feeling cannot be described.
Old 24-06-2004, 10:08 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #46
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
We lost... yes, but ONLY because the ref disallowed a PERFECT goal. The anger I am feeling cannot be described.
I'm sure I'm right in saying that the anger you feel is felt by many including me, and that is fucking catastrophically. Good entertainment though.
Old 24-06-2004, 10:10 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #47
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Current MSN name: The Referee's a Wanker

says it all really
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 10:48 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #48
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

We played 11 cheating Portuguese and a home-biased Swiss tonight...12 men against 11 isn't fair, is it?

Perfectly good goal not allowed and it wasn't the first time the bloody ref screwed us over in that game.

As for Beckham, it wasn't his fault. The way he strikes the ball, he puts a LOT of pressure on his standing foot, and the spot just gave way...c'mon EVERY single player patted that spot down before they took it, so clearly something was wrong.

I swear the Portuguese knew, which is why they opted for England to take the first pen...cheating bastards!

Now I'm backing a Sweden v Czech final...so long as the Portuguese and French who both robbed us don't win, I'll be content, although thanks to a Dutch "friend" of mine who chose to laugh at me tonight after the game, I now want the men in orange to fall...sorry to all of the Dutch folk at KKW, but that's how it is.

Cheating Portuguese don't deserve to bloody win it...GAAAAAH!!!

I hope the England fans bloody burn Portugal to the bloody ground...serve the bloody hosts right for cheating.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 11:01 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #49
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Portugal!

Good times.

I'd like to see this game now since it's caused to much reaction. It was all over the newspapers and stuff when I was there the day after the France/England game, so I can only imagine what England is like now after this game.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 11:12 PM   First Class Member Officer #50
Sarah
Nice

Kelsey, no disrespect to you. But I don't think it is a wise decision to rave about Portugal in this thread. There are so many devastated fans and we cannot bear the torture of the disallowed goal that was such a perfect goal. You cannot call yourself a fan of Portugal. I simply see you as a glory supporter. Real fans support their team trough thick and thin. Have you supported Portugal for more than a week? Oh please.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:19 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #51
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Actually Sarah, I can support whoever I would like to support, and I'll respect who everyone else supports. And I'm not supporting the team really, I'm supporting the country. I'm sorry that you lost, but honestly, it's not the end of the world. Sorry that you were beat by Portugal, whom you obviously believe is somehow below you.
And would I be the type of person to even care about something like the Euro football thing, like, *really* care, I probably would go for Portugal because where I live, the Portugeuse are a huge part of our population and I've grown up around their festivals and patriotism. As for glory supporter, I was rooting for Portugal before they beat England. And no disrespect to you, but I see you as a self rightous England fan.

Check out my blog:
Old 24-06-2004, 11:29 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #52
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Kelsey, no disrespect to you. But I don't think it is a wise decision to rave about Portugal in this thread. There are so many devastated fans and we cannot bear the torture of the disallowed goal that was such a perfect goal.
Yeah...true...I would suggest that since this is an English website with a lot of English people on it, and English mods and two english Admins (well Ducky ain't back, but when he is...). Probably unwise to piss off a nation who're devastated at being cheated...I mean the news story was the second highest...even above those British hostages being released

Put it this way...my Dutch mate got a torrent of abuse and blocked for rubbing the defeat in my face...and whilst yours wasn't so bad...I dare someone else to push it one step further as I'll rip their heads off myself

Quote:
You cannot call yourself a fan of Portugal. I simply see you as a glory supporter. Real fans support their team trough thick and thin. Have you supported Portugal for more than a week? Oh please.
Probably a fair point, but Kelsey also makes a fair point...she has the right to back anyone she likes, especially as she's not European. I mean Portugal were actually my pick to win the tournament before it began, as they have on paper a superb team and great support, but to my mind their performances have not earnt them their success, and their fans were not as good as ours.

Now can we all settle down a little? . Sarah, I understand your distress, trust me I do, I was crying myself...but the yanks don't really get our obsession with "soccer" so have a little pity on them, eh? We can just hope to draw the USA at the next World Cup and we can beat them en route to winning it as we will And Kelsey, with all due respect, I know you're really into Portugal as a nation, but you're not REALLY a supporter, whereas a lot of us VERY strong ties to this tournament as it's OUR country in it (I mean I'm sure Americans want their sporting stars to do well, don't they?)...please just forgive us our current emotional distress and heartache, and the bitterness that goes with being cheated, which leaves a foul taste in all our mouths. Mmmm...bile.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:31 PM   First Class Member Officer #53
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
Actually Sarah, I can support whoever I would like to support, and I'll respect who everyone else supports. And I'm not supporting the team really, I'm supporting the country. I'm sorry that you lost, but honestly, it's not the end of the world. Sorry that you were beat by Portugal, whom you obviously believe is somehow below you.
And would I be the type of person to even care about something like the Euro football thing, like, *really* care, I probably would go for Portugal because where I live, the Portugeuse are a huge part of our population and I've grown up around their festivals and patriotism. As for glory supporter, I was rooting for Portugal before they beat England. And no disrespect to you, but I see you as a self rightous England fan.
I never said Portugal were below us. We were beaten unfairly. Perhaps you should watch the match.

Yes, you were rooting for Portugal when they won their last match. I saw your post in this thread a while ago.

I am not a self rightous England fan. I just support my team and they deserved to win tonight. Portugal should be out now.

You clearly have no idea what REAL football means to us.Just because you've been in a pub and seen English people cheer, doesn't give you any idea.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #54
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ladies, ladies...c'mon...stop that now...

Yes, Sarah, Kelsey doesn't really get what it means to us, especially as unlike the France game (where we were just unlucky) this time we were actively CHEATED out of the game by a dodgy ref.

As for Portugal going out...c'mon the Swedes...beat the Dutch and then the Portuguese...they have the team to do it...and if they don't get through the Dutch are too good for Portugal.

And France will hopefully get beat by the Czechs who've been exemplary...they're my hope to win it now, just to shove it to the Portuguese and French... arrogant tossers! Bet they don't even acknowledge how lucky they both were!
Old 24-06-2004, 11:44 PM   First Class Member Officer #55
Sarah
Nice

I am just upset and in shock. Why couldn't someone show the ref footage of the goal before he went and disallowed it. It's a load of bollocks!
Old 24-06-2004, 11:46 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #56
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

So why is it such a big deal to you? Because I don't give a shit about whether or not England wins? That would have been very nice if they had won (from what you say, you should have won, and since I *can't* watch the game, I have no other choice but to believe what you say), but since the results didn't go your way, excuse me for expressing my opinions and not-even-that-excited joy that Portugal won and will be moving ahead in this tournament.

As for not appreciating the English love of "soccer"...please. We are just as passionate about certain things as you are about football. I can completely respect the fact that you people are torn by the fact that your team didn't win. But now I ask you to respect the fact that I don't agree with you. And if you think the name of a country in blue letters with an exclamating mark somehow says it all, then you're mistaken. As for true supporter? How do you describe true supporter? I have a Portugal jersey, I can speak a little bit, I have a little Portuguese in my blood....who effing cares whether or not I dedicate my life to supporting their team?
I'm sorry that I offended you. I realize that this board is made up of mostly British people but I don't see how that makes a difference. The Americans on here (most of us) do a good job of putting up with your opinions on Americans and things important to the American people, so all I ask is that you return the favor. Just because this board is made up of mostly English, I'm not going to conform so I can make everyone else happy. I'll support whoever I want to support, taking the risk of offending whoever.

EDIT: This was supposed to go before Haz's post. And I can fully understand what "real" football means to you. I get upset at shit endings and chance happenings too. Triple Crown anyone?

Check out my blog:
Old 24-06-2004, 11:58 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #57
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ladies...come on now...kiss and make up <gets a nice vision>. Arrr...that's more than made up for losing tonight . Easy to please me

See, now you can both gang up on me and bitch about me being a chauvanistic male stereotype
Old 25-06-2004, 12:53 AM   Senior Registered Member #58
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Hm... Prediction for me was correct, but wow close to have a penalty shootout... Commiserations to English supporters.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 01:05 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #59
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
Hm... Prediction for me was correct, but wow close to have a penalty shootout... Commiserations to English supporters.
Especially when we had a perfectly good goal in normal time ruled out...robbed I tell you...ROBBED!
Old 25-06-2004, 03:24 AM   Senior Registered Member #60
Ashley

This makes me wish I had a sport to care about during the summer. Sure baseball is okay, but the Royals are shite this year after such promise coming in. I'm getting off topic. Condolences to you all... not I'm re-living the KU Georgia Tech game..... must stop thinking about sports.