Articles Archive - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 19-07-2004, 12:04 AM   Senior Registered Member #61
Richard
Dated

It's so nice to see Keira do things like that. Great article. Wonderful pics.
Old 21-07-2004, 03:33 PM   Knightley News #62
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

In an interview in today's USAToday, Adrien Brody says this about THOSE rumours:

"...While in Glasgow, Scotland, where he just finished shooting The Jacket, Brody had paparazzi staking him out.
That sort of scrutiny is a bit off-putting for the intensely private actor, who laughs off rumors of an on-set fling with Jacket co-star Keira Knightley.

"They said we had candlelit pasta dinners in my apartment. But I hadn't lit a candle, nor was I eating pasta," Brody says. "That's interesting, how they know. I can't help hearing about it, because people talk about it. They bring it to set in the morning."

Knightley, who has a boyfriend, chuckles at the tabloid tales. Brody is "a phenomenally talented actor," she says. "We really got on, and he was completely fantastic to work with. He can tell very funny stories, and he can be serious."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...tm?POE=LIFISVA

Paul
Old 21-07-2004, 03:44 PM   Officer #63
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Thanks, Paul. Let's hope this puts those old rumors to rest once and for all.

Oh, who am I kidding? They'll never die.
Old 21-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #64
J'Adore

Keira's in this month's More...a mini-interview completely focusing on trying to get her to admit she's with Jamie, and then a feature on how to get her figure.
J'Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 09:29 PM   Knightley News #65
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

New interview in tomorrow's Times (London). Sounds like a new photoshoot too:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...186597,00.html

Paul
Old 22-07-2004, 06:56 AM   #66
ChocolateMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightleyNews
New interview in tomorrow's Times (London). Sounds like a new photoshoot too:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...186597,00.html

Paul
Yep. Theres an article in Screen, in T2 of the Times today. Its an interview with a couple of nice pictures.

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2004, 10:21 AM   First Class Member Officer #67
Sarah
Nice

Can we buy this all over the UK or just London ?
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2004, 12:16 PM   Knightley News #68
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Can we buy this all over the UK or just London ?
Sorry to confuse you, sweetie. I only put London as opposed to the New York Times or LA Times. It's a national paper.
I could only get the tabloid version with black and white print photos, but my newsagent assured me the broadsheet version doesn't have magazine supplements on a Thursday anyway. If he's wrong I'll firebomb him

You can't beat a bit of sarcasm every now and again:
http://www.anorak.co.uk/news.cfm?id=166330

Paul
Old 22-07-2004, 12:30 PM   First Class Member Officer #69
Sarah
Nice

Thanks Paul, I just went to buy it I'm not used to buying The Times, lol. It's a nice article.
Old 24-07-2004, 07:25 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #70
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

In this weeks Us Weekly (with Cameron Diaz on the cover), Keira is quoted in the "Loose Talk" section:
A guy in Glasgow Airport...said, 'I'm really sorry, but can I kiss you?' I let him.

There is also a small article below a picture of Keira and Jamie Dornan at the London King Arthur premiere. The article reads:
At the July 15 London premiere of King Arthur, British babe Keira Knightley wanted to keep her relationship with model-boyfriend Jamie Dornan under wraps. "Keira and Jamie spent most of the night apart," says a source, "stealing glances from afar." But at the after-party at London's Guildhall, she couldn't help herself. The actress, 19, rushed to Dornan and squealed in his ear, "Baby, you'll never guess: People are saying we're engaged! How hilarious is that?" Once out of the public eye, the couple retired to a sofa to make up for lost time. "He nuzzled his face into her hair," says a witness, "lavishing kisses across the side of her face."

Lucky Keira. And it sounds to me she wants to get engaged.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 08:46 AM   #71
DesignatedJerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Yeah well, anyone who judges Keira solely on BILB, Love Actually and Pirates is being more than a little harsh...

Stage presence is something you can't teach...whilst she DOES need to tone it down (like there was an article which says the key difference between Scarlett and Keira is not so much the ability to act, but the ability to seem like you're not acting...) but sheesh.

She hasn't been challenged in any of her roles in the big movies yet...maybe people should actually watch her independent stuff and judge her on that. Oh, and what's all this "Home counties" crap...she's from Middlesex...ie the same county that Hounslow is in...heck Tedders is only about, what, half an hour or so from Hounslow by car? Sheesh.

It's a rare voice though, and it's just the fact that someone in the press has to seem "clever" and go against the grain just for the heck of it...

yeah I thought the article sucked to. I mean when i first read this article i was thinking "oh gee another opinionated BS article not to be taken seriously" then when I clicked on this link, began to read this article and I was wrong. I was thinking "why god. why did I waste minutes from my life,( that i will never get back) and read this pile of dog crap" I mean good god.

I agree with Hazzle 100 percent. judge Keira on two only TWO major roles, is not only a little thin, but it just screams of ignorance. I mean yeah this person maybe shuld check out her indie stuff and judge it from that. cause I thought her acting in her independent films were pretty impressive.

38th member of kk pose
DesignatedJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 10:04 AM   First Class Member Officer #72
Sarah
Nice

Great news, Keira has made it into the CBBC chart! I'm so happy *wipes tear from her eye*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv...00/3921797.stm
Old 24-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #73
Guido
Newcomer

Yepo she's in but she's under will young... thats lame :P and orlando bloom an daniel radcliff have the same score as her... :/
Old 24-07-2004, 01:28 PM   Knightley News #74
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Quote:
Great news, Keira has made it into the CBBC chart! I'm so happy *wipes tear from her eye*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv...00/3921797.stm
She's in and out of that thing like Vanessa Mae's elbow.

Paul
Old 24-07-2004, 01:34 PM   First Class Member Officer #75
Sarah
Nice

lol Thats probably because the votes come mainly from children, and children pay little attention and normally forget after a while. So, when Keira appears in the news again, (Big hello to King Arthur), suddenly them all remember her. Happy times, lol.
Old 25-07-2004, 02:51 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #76
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
she's under will young...
Must...resist...urge...to crack...obvious...joke...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 10:03 PM   #77
Jak

I've found a new interview with Keira. From the The Sunday Independent (Ireland):

Keira swaps chicken-fillet truth for some Hollywood diplomacy
Sunday July 25th 2004
ADVERTISEMENT

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY: Plays Guinevere as a tough warrior in King Arthur, above, and is a self-confessed tomboy off-screen too. She tries for a casual style rather than Hollywood glamour, as seen by her appearance for the premiere of 'Pirates of the Caribbean' in California

LAST year, most people had very little idea who Keira Knightley was, beyond a vague notion that she was the skinny girl in Bend it Like Beckham. But last summer we saw her first big Hollywood film, Pirates of the Caribbean , and that was it, America fell in love with her. There was her crisp English accent, her obvious intelligence but, above all, there was her confidence. She made eye contact with journalists, disagreed with them if she thought they were spouting waffle and was a breath of fresh air with her honest talk.

She told me how, when she was cast as Elizabeth Swann in 'Pirates', she was sure that they had made a mistake. She was convinced that she would be sacked and so only brought clothes for a week. On the shoot, she was stunned by her first Hollywood experience. She talked of the magical ways of her body make-up artist - how chicken fillets and shading gave her a great cleavage. "My bust was a complete fraud, I'm very glad to say," she boasted. And then shewas off again about her flat chest. "I don't have breasts, I have pecs."

All the self-deprecation disarmed hordes of cynical journalists. Knightley is a no-nonsense sort of girl - there are many reasons for her being that way, but her background explains it best. Her father is the actor Bill Knightley and her mother is the playwright Sharman McDonald. She got her level-headed approach to acting from her parents. "If you have five years of working constantly, that's beyond lucky," she has said. "I didn't go into this with fairy tale notions." But she did take great delight in telling us the fairy tale of how she came into existence. "My dad said to my mum, 'If you sell a script, we can have another child.' She wrote a play called When I Was a Girl, I used to Scream and Shout. She won various awards for it - and I was the child."

But a year is a long time, and now, on meeting Miss Knightley, there are changes. In the past year, she has graced several magazine covers, including Vanity Fair, the bible of American style. And in LA, where we now meet, the town is full of giant billboards for King Arthur, in which Keira is centre stage, as Guinevere in a leather bra with a bow and arrow in hand.

As she sits at the table she is full of chirpy small talk - but listen a little longer and you'll hear that Keira is not as unguarded as she once was. And alas, she has learnt the art of an actor's interview. She talks without actually saying very much. Not to mention the fact that she has suddenly become queen of diplomacy. Gone is the excited 18-year-old who slouched on a chair in the Dorchester Hotel and talked excitedly about her Hollywood experience. She is older, wiser, and works well at publicising the movie.

"The action is what it is all about. I loved being a warrior. I think the interesting thing about this Guinevere is that she is very strong, she's much stronger than we've ever seen a Guinevere before. I love playing strong women, and I loved her calculating manipulative vibe.

"I think there is a tradition in Hollywood at the moment for young female actionstars, and that's fine with me. But with this movie, I don't think that I wasthere simply because people want to see women fighting. I think it's great that, historically, she would have been a fighter - and there are theories that Guinevere would have been a princess from the North, and therefore a warrior. I thought that was a really interesting thing to play." OK, OK, we get it. She liked playing the part. But she doesn't seem to do much else except wax lyrical about the film. (And when you see it, you'll wonder why. If only they had spent as much time on the script as they did on the battles scenes.)

"I got to use swords and knives and axes and garrottes and bows and arrows. It was great that this wasn't a corseted, pouty part. It was veryreal, earthy. My wardrobe consisted of a floaty dress, rags and an interesting leather concoction which was a bit 'Conan the Barbarian'."

At this stage, Keira is beginning to sound a bit nerdish about it all. But then, weshouldn't be surprised - she was always a little different. During her teenage years, when all her friends hadposters of boybands and grunge figures on their wall, she had a single picture of Emma Thompson.

In this version of the King Arthur legend, there is verylittle of the love triangle involving king, queen and Lancelot. Rather it is suggested

'This is a very fickle industry and I am under no illusion that it can all go in a second'

in lots of tense glances. "Ido think we managed to make a connection without speaking. It was like doing asilent movie."

Keira does, however, getto have a love scene with King Arthur (Clive Owen). It is tame enough, as the film is rated 13PG. But it is hard to lose yourself in their passion, as Clive Owen's sparkling teeth upstage everything - they've been described as glow-in-the-dark.

Off-screen, Knightley claims to be a tomboy, and when we meet, she looks every inch the part, clad in a yellow Aertex T-shirt. All this dressing down is her way of saying that she will be herself and not tart up to be a starlet. Last summer, in a white vest which stopped above her concave stomach, she was casual too. But this time, she does not sound as secure in herself.

"I don't think I'm a perfect being by any stretch of the imagination. One of the reasons I couldn't live in LA is that when I am here, I feel pressured. Nothing has been said to me, but I feel it. And until I am strong enough to say, 'It's fine not to be stick-thin, it's fine not to drink wheatgrass all the time and it's fine to have a bit of a drink and even, occasionally, a cigarette' I'll live in England."

But Keira Knightley is stick-thin. And when I saythis to her, she blushes as if she is up there with Pavarotti in the weight department. Oh dear. How Hollywood can affect a girl.

But Keira knows that she is suddenly the one they all adore. Jerry Bruckheimer has high praise for her: "There are a lot of beautiful girls around the world but the problem is they can't turn off who they are when the camera turns on. Keira is very natural in front of the camera - when she becomes a character, you don't see any of the wheels turn."

She is, however, bright enough not to get a swelled head. "It's very nice to be a flavour of the month. This is great, this is a laugh and I am enjoying it and it's lovely to be in a film that you can stand there and say, 'I had a great time and I'm really proud of the film.' But this is a very fickle industry and I am under no illusion that it can all go in a second. That's the nature of the beast and it's almost what makes it so romantic a profession. But it is like being in any other self-employed profession, you never know what's going to happen."

I listen to her and think, 'what has happened to Keira Knightley?' as she tells one journalist, "I'm not under contract to Jerry Bruckheimer, (who made Pirates andKing Arthur ), but I like him very much." It is as if Keira Knightley has gone to a publicist's finishing school. Everything that comes out of her mouth sounds premeditated and every second line is a plug forthe film.

I guess she's just grown up.

King Arthur opens in cinemas on Friday

Ciara Dwyer
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 12:00 PM   First Class Member Officer #78
Sarah
Nice

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...172758,00.html

Not good news for Lincolnshire!
Old 29-07-2004, 12:13 PM   Knightley News #79
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Quote:

That's a good example of how the press currently make Keira the 'angle' of a story. It's not her who'll be stopping the traffic, it's the entire production unit that will be closing the road off. Keira might not even be IN any of the street scenes, but they angle the story around her so that she's the 'bait' for the 'hooks' of the world's press to 'fish' the story off the newswires with. If they'd just mentioned the film, nobody would pick up on it and use it.

Paul
Old 29-07-2004, 12:49 PM   First Class Member Officer #80
Sarah
Nice

Yes, Paul, thats true. They do that to a lot of celebrities. I thought I'd put it in here anyway, even though its not really about Keira directly.