The Other Boleyn Girl - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 20-07-2006, 08:45 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #21
Digital_Ice

imdb is like wikipedia, a fantastic resource.... but its made up of user submissions, so dont belive everything you read. plus its not "It's Natalie Portman!" it's "It might be Natalie Portman" hence the "in negotiations"
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #22
marilynka

According to Variety Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson will play in this.
Old 20-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #23
CountryTomboy91

No, sorry. It IS Natalie Portman. Don't believe me? Check out www.natalieportman.com and read around.

IMDB is good though.

They are right about alot of other stuff. Like They had Elizabeth Swann on there instead of Elizabeth Turner, for Dead Man's Chest, which is a mistake alot of other websites made.
CountryTomboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 12:43 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

You should know that Paul from KKW and Keiraweb has often corrected IMDB's mistakes. Even things as simple and basic as her birthday.

In fact if you'd checked IMDB regularly you'd have seen that they listed her as Elizabeth Turner for a long time. Clearly someone informed them it was incorrect so it was altered.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 02:30 AM   #25
CountryTomboy91

Actually, I didn't know that KKW members have edited IMDB. I know it's not always reliable, etc. But it is a nice source, and has awesome discussion boards. Their information, while sometimes inaccurate, is nothing that couldn't be looked up elsewhere, such as wikipedia. However, I would like to point out, there is a secondary source as to the fact that Keira will NOT be in the other Boleyn Girl, and it is Natalie Portman. Browse around www.natalieportman.com for a bit. It's there.
I too have corrected some IMDB mistakes, but it's nothing to get in a twist over.
Sorry bout that.
Old 21-07-2006, 12:04 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #26
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Wiki's almost as unreliable as IMDB but it's an ok corroboration I suppose.

And back on topic, yes, it does seem several sources are stating it's Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson. It would make sense for Keira to have been in the frame given her work in period dramas (SJ did GWAPE. Had Nat actually done any period work? Cold Mountain is probably the closest she's come but it's not really "period").

Perhaps she couldn't do it? She's mentioned this "break" from films for a while so maybe she turned it down? Who knows? It does seem this thread should be closed though.
Old 22-07-2006, 12:03 AM   Officer #27
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johannson? Could they find another pair of actresses playing sisters that look any less alike?
Old 22-07-2006, 12:50 AM   Senior Registered Member #28
kingdumbass

I, too, have read plenty of articles about Keira planning to take a "break"....
That also makes me wonder if "The Best Times of Our Lives" is actually happening.

And by the way -- I was amused to see that they picked Scarlett Johansson. What a bad fucking choice.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 12:52 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #29
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johannson? Could they find another pair of actresses playing sisters that look any less alike?
Could be worse. They could've cast Judi Dench and Halle Berry.
Old 22-07-2006, 12:59 AM   Officer #30
EmotionSickness
Cutie

I'm glad to see someone feels the same way about the casting of Scarlet. She's a good actress and she's hot, yeah, but there are so many other, more talented, more deserving actresses out there (not implying Keira in this instance necessarily) that the role could have gone to. She's so overrated. And a little dim.

The same could be said for Natalie (and most definitely Keira, as far as acting is concerned), but Natalie can act circles around both of them, so..yeah.
Old 22-07-2006, 03:24 AM   #31
Pearl

I'm not upset because Natalie is a GREAT actress and I know she'll be brilliant in this. Plus Scarlett is eye candy.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 04:14 AM   Senior Registered Member #32
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Scarlett does have 'dem titties and i think she's a better actress than Natalie.
Old 22-07-2006, 05:34 AM   Senior Registered Member #33
kingdumbass

Scarlett is a grossly overrated actress....
The only thing she can do is recite her lines as though she's reading a cue card, and stand around looking like she just got finished crying. Blegh. She's OK, but gets too much credit. I'm just waiting for her to fuck up in a major way. Plus, her affiliation with Woody Allen annoys me.

I like Natalie Portman, but her attitude can piss me off sometimes. Little Miss PERFECT. Whateva!
:fencing:
Old 22-07-2006, 05:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #34
Swordsman
Voted Best!

... Match Point was a damn fine movie, and Natalie Portman told me she wanted to fuck me...via SNL Digital Short.
Old 22-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #35
CountryTomboy91

I think Nat's a great actress, but Keira would have been better alongside her. I am not a very big fan of Scarlett at all....

I'm glad Nat's doing it, Keira's got other projects she's up to.
Old 23-07-2006, 10:27 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #36
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Heh Dumbass...if that's your description of Scarlett I shudder to think how Keira compares. If Scarlett looks like she's reading from cue-cards, Keira looks like she's having her lines mouthed to her.

Scarlett is a far better actress. You've got it the wrong way round, it's clearly Keira who looks like she's reading off of an autocue, whereas with Scarlett it looks and feels instinctive. I think my own phrase on the SJW boards says it best: "With Keira you can see the cogs moving, with Scarlett it's seamless."

Oh, and Woody Allen's a fucking legend, and when he hand-picks you to work in his movies, you know you've arrived.

Keira isn't a patch on Scarlett. Although Natalie can out-act both of them.
Old 23-07-2006, 11:14 AM   Senior Registered Member #37
kingdumbass

Keira is a better actress than Scarlett....
ScarJo gives one sedated performance opposite an equally-sedated Bill Murray in Lost in Translation, and everyone thinks she's good. Bullshit. She gets worse and worse with each film. And Woody Allen is nothing but a washed up, middle-aged pervert. He should be in exile with Roman Polanski.

As for the "cogs turning" -- I view it the opposite way as you do. I can clearly see the self-awareness in Scarlett as she mangles each line. At least Knightley makes an effort.

You Brits appear to have a a different perception of good acting from us Americans (Knightley's most "seamless" performance, in Domino, seems to be universally derided in your country, whereas everyone I know here in the States was impressed with her in that film). Therefore, as an American, I propose that we trade you one Scarlett Johansson for one Keira Knightley. Keira can stay at my place until she finds suitable lodging. Don't worry -- I'll take good care of her, and I'll even allow that Rupert Friend guy visitation rights.

As for Natalie Portman -- like I said, I think she's good (the best actress out of the three), but something's got to be done about her attitude. I think it's partly her refusal to do a nude scene that bothers me. If you want to call yourself a real actor, you've got to be willing to COMMIT to the part, damnit! Besides, there are already topless sunbathing pics of Natalie all over the web, so I don't know what she's so paranoid about.

Plus, she's a vegan, which I find irritating.
Old 23-07-2006, 07:24 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #38
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

You so wong. You so wong I take that trade.

Roman Polanski? You mean the greatest living director today? I'm sure Woody Allen would be chuffed to be mentioned alongside such a great. I shudder to think who you class as a talented director.

Anyway, the mentally ill aren't allowed to vote, so your opinion isn't worth much.
Old 23-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #39
CountryTomboy91

Eurgh,
Scarlett.
Sorry to disagree Hazzle, but I find Scarlett to be a rather patchy actress. Keira was soooo brilliant in Pirates and Pride and Prejudice. The best in Domino. She amazes me every time I watch one of her films. Especially the Hole.

I think she and Nat would make a good team, like they (sort of) did in TPM. The Phantom Menace was a bit confusing at first, you couldn't really tell they were a team, but it would be great to see Nat and Keira alongside one another again, since both have greatly grown as actresses.

Too bad it's already Scarlett.
Old 23-07-2006, 10:52 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #40
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Domino was a turdfest. It seems only Americans disagree (I hate to generalise but there ya go). It was typical Hollywood trash with guns and shit and totally failed to capture the underlying story. There was no human element to it whatsoever. Only people who enjoyed seeing more skin or like the "chicks with guns" formula rate that film.

Keira was poor in the first Pirates film, and I've not seen the second because of that. It was all Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush. Only die-hard Keira fans insist she was any good in it and it's so blatently a biased opinion. I've been disappointed by so many of her performances and not since BILB has she achieved any consistency. Pride was an excellent performance, but there's no doubt in my mind that Scarlett's performance in GWAPE eclipsed Keira's in P & P. Most fans of the book agree that she wasn't quite perfect for the role.

Thankfully I've got beyond the blinkered phase of being a fan (and yes, I still am a fan) and can see where she fails. She'd make a great stage actress because that dramatic style of acting that makes it so obvious she's acting is her forte. Some would class that as great acting, if they do, she's a great actress, but certainly not for film.

Film requires a subtlety, and the fact that, as Dumbass put it, Scarlett is so sedate in her films is actually PERFECT. Because real people are NORMAL, they're not actors and they don't behave like actors. SJ's strength is she acts like a normal person. It's instinctive. The mask never slips. If she's "patchy" it's because she's doesn't "grab" you with her "performance" but that's actually the mark of a skilled actor. A skilled actor makes it seem like they're not acting at all.