Orlando Bloom - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls

Keira Girls A board exclusively for our female members to call home!

Old 08-09-2004, 12:58 AM   Officer #41
Julespaxton
Officer

ehem, i believe that was a hint of sarcasm there moosie my friend...
Julespaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:26 PM   #42
ChocolateMoose

Well, yes, sort of. Lol

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 04:31 PM   #43
Valerie
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateMoose
I don't think Orlando can act that well, poor bloke. In LOTR his only facial expression was a look of concern, and (did anyone else notice) every line he said was stating the obvious...for example...

"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" - where else would they go?
"You look terrible" (to Aragorn) - we can see that, he's just been down a cliff
"A diversion" - when Aragorn had basically fully discribed what a 'diversion' is
"This forest is old" - big trees = old wood, weeny tress = young wood, therefore, we know!
"The Ring must be destroyed" - um...duh!
"We must go. We cannot linger" - When in potential mortal danger....yes, that would be a good idea...
"The horses are restless...and the men are quiet." - I'm sure Eomer has eyes and ears and can see/hear for himself, lol.

Has anyone seen Ned Kelly?! Its not all that good, though I think it might be if you know the story to start with. Orlando's accent is bad (he has an Irish accent) and he moves after he dies, haha! And in Troy he was totally eclipsed by Eric and Sean who were brilliant!

Haha, I just had to laugh at your explainations on the side there chocolatemoose.

But am going to disagree on the Ned Kelly thing, I think Orlando was really good in that. And his accent was not bad to say the least. He perfected it well. To me Ned Kelly was the best role he has ever performed in.

Other then that, I do believe he needs more experience. I cringed at times at his acting in POTC. And yes he does seem to only have one facial expression....but in time as he is only has a few movies under his belt so far he will get there....eventually.
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 05:47 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #44
peach

I like his acting he's very talented, he has got a cute accent, sweet look.

Love him
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 06:12 PM   #45
hangwithsorrow
Newcomer

i think his looks do help him get his roles maybe alot more than his acting, but i think he will become very very good. he was great in Ned Kelly.
Old 15-10-2004, 02:31 PM   #46
bob

yes, orlando bloom. i'd say he should get an 'A' for effort, but the guy just isn't very convincing. at all. although i actually think he does rather well with his reactions, it's his line delivery that really gets him. he would have been good in the good old days of silent films. i think that if he's to learn from his experiences then people should really stop offering him physical roles. put him on stage or something.

still, he beats hayden christensen.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #47
Jules
Newcomer

yeah, orlando is cute. one thing. it's FUN watching his movies. but I don't think he is a really good actor. and as somebody said before, he is always acting similar characters. perhaps he'll get better.

what I have to say to troy - don't kill me if it's a bit off topic - it was a lousy movie, Eric Bana was great, BUT THIS IS NOT THE REAL TROY-STORY! read Homer and you'll see what really happend. the people who wrote the script are stupid as hell. they turned one of the best stories ever written into a really bad movie. :icon_evil
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 03:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #48
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
read Homer and you'll see what really happend. the people who wrote the script are stupid as hell. they turned one of the best stories ever written into a really bad movie. :icon_evil
Welcome to Hollywood.
Old 27-12-2004, 06:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #49
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
yes, orlando bloom. i'd say he should get an 'A' for effort, but the guy just isn't very convincing. at all. although i actually think he does rather well with his reactions, it's his line delivery that really gets him. he would have been good in the good old days of silent films. i think that if he's to learn from his experiences then people should really stop offering him physical roles. put him on stage or something.

still, he beats hayden christensen.

Stage is harder because you only get one take, and it's just as physical as film in that you have to do your own physical stuff.

And the day that Orlando gives as good of a performance as Hayden did in Shattered Glass and in Life as a House is the day that hell freezes and Dubya says something intelligent.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 06:18 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #50
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I saw the trailer for Kingdon of Heaven and it looked quite decent. He's still riding around on horses in it though.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 05:50 AM   #51
mike_1748

hello !i am a china student ,english is not very well ,my qq115195520,
Old 19-12-2005, 09:21 PM   #52
CaptainStigmata
Newcomer

I can't stand Orlando. He is so...bland. He is the same in every movie. Really. Compare his "performances" from Pirates of the Caribbean and Troy. They are exactly the same. He never changes. The biggest change he has ever done is fake an American accent in Elizabethtown. Big deal. He is a bad actor, but he is more tolerable in supporting roles. OPlease directors, never stick him in a leading role again! I beg of you!
CaptainStigmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #53
lumosia

I think he actually acted really well in Lord of the Rings. He was supposed to be portaying an elf, guys! If he hadn't been acting seriously, it would really have detracted from the image of elves as wise, solemn beings. As for PotC, anybody would have been overshadowed by Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. You could've put the greatest actor ever born in that role and they still could not have made Will Turner a more exciting character that Jack. I am a bit of a fangirl, yes, but I think I'm being objective here. My hope is that he will do really well in PotC II and III so that he will be taken more seriously and given more roles. He really isn't a bad actor, as its been said, and with more experience, I think he could become a great actor.
Old 29-12-2005, 03:09 AM   #54
Lizzie Bennet

I think he is cute, but that is the extent of it. I think he is an okay actor, though I will not see a movie just becase he is in it.
Lizzie Bennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:41 AM   #55
angie

I love Orlando. I think he's a very good actor. Elizabethtown may not be a hit in the box office, but at least he tried and did the best he could the american accent. Kingdom of Heaven is my favorite movie I love to watch and Pirates of the Carribean as well. Yes, I support his work and I'm a fan.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #56
lumosia

I think he was pretty good in Elizabethtown. I honestly think the major thing afflicting that film was a poor director--he just let things go on...and on...I didn't notice any problems with the American accent. He proved he can really act act and not just dance around waving a sword. His comedic timing has also improved a lot since his debut.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:47 AM   Senior Registered Member #57
Rob The BLack Douglas

Orlando is not leading man material. He can't carry a movie, unlike Keira. He does well in large cast movies or in supporting roles where he can work with actors.
To deny love is to deny life.
Love is as necessary as oxygen.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/robslibrary/
http://www.myspace.com/kilted_robespierre
Rob The BLack Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:18 PM   Officer #58
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Orlando is sickeningly gorgeous, but that's where his appeal ends for me. He tends to play the same character in every movie he's in; every movie I've ever seen him in, anyway.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #59
Liz
Newcomer

ok, I really don't LOVE his films, but I couldn't say if he's a great actor or not!!! O. is in the beginning of his career, so maybe he will become a absolutely different actor(different playing, different film roles ...)! maybe better than now.

but I must agreed, he looks so amazing! :icon_bigg
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #60
anakin250

I don't like him at all,as he is famous just for his beatiful face and his films looks like rubbish just for his poor acting skills.