Domino - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 04-08-2004, 12:06 PM   First Class Member Officer #21
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightleyNews
I still keep thinking of Boba Fett when I read 'Bounty Hunter' though.
It wouldn't bother me if Keira started flying around, it'd probably be quite funny actually.

I think this film is going to be so cool! A kick ass Keira! It's going to be good!!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:40 PM   Officer #22
EmotionSickness
Cutie

So, I think we're all pretty much in agreement that this [Domino] is a good thing?
Old 04-08-2004, 03:13 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #23
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Yes. We know she can be a kick-ass warrior princess. As does the rest of the world.
We know she can be a subtle bad-ass. Now the rest of the world can find out. Miss Knightley can flat out act.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:40 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Thanks for the update on The Jacket Paulie...didn't realise they'd changed the setting.

Oh and yeah, it's good to see her headlining films now...she's good enough...and this should really allow us to see more Keira kicking arse throughout a film, rather than bits.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #25
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
) ... I still keep thinking of Boba Fett when I read 'Bounty Hunter' though. Paul
When I first read about the plot of Domino, I immediatly thought of Samus Aran from the Metroid series. Anyone else come to this conclusion?
Old 07-08-2004, 03:06 PM   #26
Keyser_so_so

It sounds quite cool... Definately one to wait for with anticipation. Then again, it's a Keira-featuring-film... What else would you do?
Old 08-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #27
Ipomoea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
I've noticed that besides PotC and Love Actually, Keira is never really in movies with a lot of big star power. Domino is no exception. Do you think this hurts her power to draw the public to the movies?
I'm jumping in a little late on this, but it's a little premature to say that Domino is no exception. The only casting announcement we've had so far is for Keira in the title role, so we don't know who else will be in it. Also, you have to keep in mind that not everyone sees a film solely based on who's in it. There will be people who will see it because Tony Scott is directing, and there will be people who will see it because Richard Kelly wrote it. At this point, I think Keira is still building her fanbase, and I think a movie like this one will actually help her in that respect, because her willingness to tackle edgier material shows she's more than just a flavor-of-the-month starlet.
Ipomoea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2004, 01:47 AM   Senior Registered Member #28
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Release "Date"

Well, word over at IMDB.com has Domino being released in 2006. What a suprise.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #29
ice crystal

I've heard that Queen Latifah is going to be in this film...only a rumour.... but not a good sign... although Chicago was good and that had her in it
Am i the only one that thinks this is the biggest mistake of Keira career? I would be very happy to be proven wrong when it comes out though!
Old 04-09-2004, 04:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #30
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice crystal
Am i the only one that thinks this is the biggest mistake of Keira career?
Uh, no, this movie has SO MUCH POTENTIAL. It's been a while since I've seen a good bounty hunter movie(well, besides Collateral, and Star Wars:P
Most looked-for movie of 2006 at the moment for me...
Old 15-09-2004, 12:19 PM   Knightley News #31
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Some 'meat on the bones' from a Vegas newspaper today:

Look for numerous local sightings in the coming weeks of Vanity Fair magazine cover girl Keira Knightley ("King Arthur," "Pirates of the Caribbean").

She stars in "Domino," which starts filming this month -- Valley of Fire and Stratosphere are two spots being used for filming. The action thriller, directed by Tony Scott ("Top Gun," "Spy Game"), is based on the life story of Domino Harvey, who ditched a career as a Ford model to become a bounty hunter.

In the film, she is assigned to solve the kidnapping of a TV reality show host, played by Ian Ziering of "Beverly Hills 90210" fame. Other "90210" cast members appear in the fake reality show as well.

Harvey is also the daughter of late actor Laurence Harvey -- who starred in the original version of "The Manchurian Candidate" -- and the stepdaughter of Hard Rock Hotel magnate Peter Morton.

We look forward to the movie's closing scene, which we hear may feature the explosion of the top of the Stratosphere.

"It is a Tony Scott action movie, so there will be a lot going on," Strat spokesman Michael Gilmartin told us. "We are very excited that they are going to be filming scenes at our property."

The film is slated to open next April 23.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...517507926.html

Paul
Old 16-09-2004, 12:54 AM   Senior Registered Member #32
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
The film is slated to open next April 23. Paul
April 2005? or April 2006? I'm confused, because if this is going to be good(and by no means will it be anything less than great) then why are they only giving the movie 6 months. Oh well, at least we won't have to wait too terrible long then.
Old 25-09-2004, 01:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #33
Narg
Westie Yobbo

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbi...e=Daily%20Mail

Cool extracts:

Keira Knightley is about to become a lethal weapon. The actress has been working with combat and martial arts trainers on how to use kung-fu weapons for a new movie role.

Keira, 19, was sent a big box packed with nunchucks, switchblades and gun manuals to help her prepare for her role as real-life bounty hunter Domino Harvey in director Tony Scott's thriller Domino.

Her weapon of choice so far is the nunchucks.
Old 25-09-2004, 01:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Switchblades are awesome compared to nunchucks, but that's just my opinion. Good for Keira, getting to play with weapons, which most kids like to dream about. *dreams about mowing down hated schoolmates with a gattling gun*

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2004, 04:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #35
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbi...e=Daily%20Mail

Cool extracts:

Keira Knightley is about to become a lethal weapon. The actress has been working with combat and martial arts trainers on how to use kung-fu weapons for a new movie role.

Keira, 19, was sent a big box packed with nunchucks, switchblades and gun manuals to help her prepare for her role as real-life bounty hunter Domino Harvey in director Tony Scott's thriller Domino.

Her weapon of choice so far is the nunchucks.

Holy shit, that is awesome! I wish I got a big box packed with cool stuff like that. I can't wait to see her use them in the movie. I predict total bad-ass by the end of shooting.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #36
Ipomoea

Big casting announcement today.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:51 PM   #37
Jasper

Macy Gray... >_<. I hate her.

Christopher Walken is awesome though.
"You know that with-holding evidence from a federal officer is a serious crime. Especially when that officer has paid handsomely for that evidence, and wouldn't think twice of ripping that patch off your eyehole and skull fucking you to death."
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:55 AM   Senior Registered Member #38
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Holy shit, Chris Walken?! He's THE man. Loved him in the Rundown(most recently), and with a power-house cast, this looks like a great movie to kick off the summer season.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:42 AM   #39
Jasper

My favorite thing that he has ever done, is the cowbell sketch on SNL with Will Ferrel. That was just too funny...
"You know that with-holding evidence from a federal officer is a serious crime. Especially when that officer has paid handsomely for that evidence, and wouldn't think twice of ripping that patch off your eyehole and skull fucking you to death."
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 03:04 PM   #40
Anna

I'm not a big Macy Gray fan (although she does have a cool voice), but ... Lucy Liu and Jacqueline Bisset!

#5 in the Keira Knightley Posse
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote