Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 29-06-2004, 02:13 PM   First Class Member Officer #1
Sarah
Nice

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

It has been confirmed by J.K.Rowling. Harry Potter book 6 is going to be called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

This was the original title for the chamber of secrets, but she later changed her mind. What does everyone think of this title?

You'd better get used to it if you're a Harry Potter fan!

She also confirmed that the Half Blood Prince is neither Voldemort or Harry.

Last edited by Sarah; 29-06-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

i love harry potter thanx sarah for the info i love your display pic frank lampard mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
keira loves lipgloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 09:28 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Meh...Harry Potter...overrated tosh...sorry.

I mean I write...and I'm terrible at it...but I still rate my work as being better than her tripe...except unlike her I'm not willing to subject the poor suffering public to substandard literature...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 11:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
Louie

I guess I could get used to that title. Not that good, but I guess I could live with it. So I suppose Voldermort is going to be a huge part in the book? When does it come out?
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #5
Vertical Vortex

Why should i care what the title is like... all that matters to me is that its fun to read it...

When i read the first and second book i considerd myself a fan... butt i am nog that into HP anymore... just read the books because i read those others...

But the name doenst sound boring so thats good....
Old 30-06-2004, 12:14 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #6
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

What is in a name?.....
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 12:17 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #7
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Meh...Harry Potter...overrated tosh...sorry.

I mean I write...and I'm terrible at it...but I still rate my work as being better than her tripe...except unlike her I'm not willing to subject the poor suffering public to substandard literature...
Rate your work better? Thats because you have a miguided, overreaching sense of self worth.
Old 30-06-2004, 09:24 AM   #8
Glare

Whats Harry Potter? I've never heard of it, can someone fill me in the some cliff notes? It sounds big and I don't want to miss out on all this excitment.
Old 30-06-2004, 10:21 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Rate your work better? Thats because you have a miguided, overreaching sense of self worth.
Except for the fact I said my work's crap

Just Harry Potter's worse...it's seriously the most overrated trash I've ever read...the style is too simplistic, it lacks real depth in the descriptive narrative, the characters feel dense and wooden and you don't really care what happens to them (which is somewhat crucial)...as for the plots...they're so transparent and dull...they just don't captivate me at all.
Old 30-06-2004, 10:28 PM   First Class Member Officer #10
Sarah
Nice

Haz, harsh words. But remember one thing: children's books... I'm a child and they've caught me!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 10:46 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Haz, harsh words. But remember one thing: children's books... I'm a child and they've caught me!
Pffft...right...for children's books...they're decent, but nothing amazing...but considering how many adults read them that worries me...are we just a world of illiterate idiots? I hope not...I sincerely do...and I hope adults don't call that serious reading...
Old 30-06-2004, 10:47 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #12
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
I'm a child and they've caught me!
Isn't that illegal...
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 10:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Pffft...right...for children's books...they're decent, but nothing amazing...but considering how many adults read them that worries me...are we just a world of illiterate idiots? I hope not...I sincerely do...and I hope adults don't call that serious reading...

If they're illiterate, how do they read them?

I've never really gotten into Harry Potter. But I'm not a big book fan. I've been meaning to start reading but everytime I start a movie comes out and it's just a lot easier than reading 5000 pages. But with the half book I read, I thought it was good. I was just too lazy to read the whole thing. If the movies entertain me I'm sure the books will as I've been told it's the exact same thing pretty much. Unlike some movies who are supposed to be based on books.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
Pygmalion
Pissed

I don't mind the Harry Potter books, I liked the 5th one cause I could relate to his moodswings (being on anti-depressants) and I don't really care what the next one's called so long as its good.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:41 AM   #15
guinie22
Newcomer

Oh, I like the Harry Potter books!! I was so excited about the new title being announced yesterday, although it took a little while to get used to. It seems so different from all of the others- I don't know!?! I can't waite for the book to actually come out (and I hope it is good)!!!
guinie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:05 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmalion
(being on anti-depressants)
Oooh...I stopped taking my meds (no jokes please) because of I just didn't like who I was when I was on them...depression is SO much better...

Mood swings be bad...what...Harry Potter getting dark and gritty?
Old 02-07-2004, 01:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Half Blood Prince? Does that mean like someone being half muggle and wizzie?

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #18
Pygmalion
Pissed

Yeah I don't take em in the holidays (Which it is now) I hang out on the net so the phone's engaged so I don't have to talk to anybody from school, because in the immortal words of the Strokes:

"see people they don't understand, no girlfriends they don't understand, no spaceships they won't understand, and on toppa this I ain't ever gonna understand..."

But its SO fun saving up the ones you don't take then taking them with a shot of vodka at a party! I used to be a depressive drunk but now...lol
Old 02-07-2004, 03:46 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #19
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmalion
Yeah I don't take em in the holidays (Which it is now) I hang out on the net so the phone's engaged so I don't have to talk to anybody from school, because in the immortal words of the Strokes:

"see people they don't understand, no girlfriends they don't understand, no spaceships they won't understand, and on toppa this I ain't ever gonna understand..."

But its SO fun saving up the ones you don't take then taking them with a shot of vodka at a party! I used to be a depressive drunk but now...lol
Hehe...you sound like me...I'm saving mine up for a similar occasion Depressive drunk? NEVER!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 10:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
Pygmalion
Pissed

It sure does suck being a depressive drunk, before I discovered anti-depressants I would spend the ends of most parties in tears till the alcohol wore off slightly.
Some friends of mine LAST holidays took Neurofen while drinking, and one of them was hallucinating, while the other three were running around the streets at two o'clock in the morning knocking on people's doors, then running and lying on the road so the house owners couldn't see them...It was quite funny.
That reminds me of a guy I used to know (Benji the drug lord) Who used to sell his ADD medication at school. Made quite a profit I understand.

Anyway back to Harry Potter. Yeah the 5th book's my fav cause he's all moody and realistic. He yells at people for reasons nobody else understands, and I can relate to that. Well. Obviously except the bit about seeing people die etc etc etc.