What movie have you seen today? - Page 85 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 14-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #1681
dave

So, I'll give you one that made me cry.

"The Astronaut Farmer"

and now I have to watch "The Golden Compass" because we (meaning my Balloon Pilot at this year's Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta) won a new envelop for "Lucy." Our balloon. (See, we take ownership for the balloon we chase... ) "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". http://Lucycrew.com

But now we need a new name that is as evocative as that one was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapshot 2009-11-14 01-47-40.jpg (49.5 KB, 63 views)

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #1682
Surprize

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I loved "The Interpreter". It was the first Sean Penn movie that I liked him in. And it was the reason I finally watched "Mystic River." He was good in it also, but I didn't like his character. Of course that was what was supposed to happen.
I like Mystic River. No doubt, all films by Clint Eastwood are great and deep. Sean Penn is a terrific actor of unique talent and I'm really glad his part in Milk was appreciated by the Academy.

BTW, I forgot to mention, recently I saw two films Vivien Leigh starrinf, she's one of my favotite actresses. A Streetcar Named Desire and Caesar and Cleopatra.

And as lately appeared a list of the animated features which were submitted to the Oscars, I want Up to win the statuette. It's magnificent.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 08:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #1683
Richard
Dated

The Last King of Scotland--9/10
The Legend of Bagger Vance--8/10
Ordinary People--8/10
The Crucible--8/10

Not too bad I guess.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #1684
PhoeniX

Saw the Edge of Love last night, was OK. I'll give it 6/10. Cillian Murphy was quite convincing as and Englishman. As was Keira as a Welsh lady.
PhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 10:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #1685
michael22
eternally screwed

Avatar- meh. I like what Cameron has done with the technology and the visuals are amazing but it does not work at times. Cameron should have kept everything in deep focus. When it goes out of that type of shot things become out of focus unless they are in the foreground which detracts from the experience. Writing and plot was mediocre and it was hard to care about the characters in the story.

Pontypool- Amazing indie horror gem. It is done in the old style, the horror is never seen but felt for the first half hour. It deprives us of information (which in todays world really frightens people as it is an alien feeling). This movie had me doing something I have not done in a while; discussing a film for more than fifteen minutes after first viewing. Hunt it down wherever you are, buy it, order it, rent it or pirate it. Just see it.
Old 30-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #1686
Surprize

I realizes that my Avatar review was a bit off point considering its lenght, I wrote it for my page on one site. That's why I'll repeat though in more concise manner that I truly loved it and it was unbelievably beautiful, I can't recall a movie which can be compared with Avater being equal to it and indeed it's a huge leap for filmmaking.

I saw I'm Not There. That is fantastic. I always admired Cate Blanchett but now I love her, ahe's a goddess. The performance of hers was awesome.
Old 14-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #1687
Surprize

Last weekend I saw 'The Clash of the Titans'. To my mind, it was not that bad as critics say, although I do agree that 3D effect was shit. I also wanted to see 'Chloe' but never find some time. As for home film watching, with 'Sherlock Holmes' DVD release, I rewatched it; definitely like it -- dynamic and funny.
Old 16-04-2010, 03:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #1688
michael22
eternally screwed

Defendor-it was quite good. It not really a black comedy more of a sad character study. It achieves what is aiming to do and it does it in a very well done fashion.

Ghost Writer- fucking incredible, I just wish that Polanski was not such a douche. Why couldn't Uwe Bowl be the child molesting bastard instead?

Shutter Island- It is hitchcokian, whithout the impeccable pacing of said master. The plot is easy to guess walking in but enjoyable nonetheless. I highly reccomend it.

Kick-ass-To quote chud.com, Holy shit. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
Old 17-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #1689
Surprize

Yesterday saw 'The Men Who Stare at Goats'. There were funny moments, but generally, it's a bit stupid. Today I'm seeing 'Avatar' for the third time, haha. there are only three theaters left what still have its screenings. And tonight there's an Indiana Jones film on TV. Really want to see it.
Old 18-04-2010, 06:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #1690
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

How to Train Your Dragon <----- Loved.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #1691
eelliiinn

Little Nicky, it was funny in a kind of sick way. Recommended if you like talking dogs from hell and weird dudes with boobs on their heads.
Old 19-04-2010, 03:53 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1692
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Lord of War... funny at times, sad at others. Very cool opening sequence and lines.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 AM   #1693
Surprize

Today I'm going to see Iron Man 2. Hope, it'll be fun.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:18 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #1694
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Oooh, I forgot about Iron Man 2.

Can't wait for Robin Hood, even though I loathe the fact that the whole "take from the rich, give to the poor" thing is coming out right now....

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:56 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1695
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I'm all psyched for Robin Hood as well. I loves me some medieval warfare.

As for the films I've seen recently...

21 Grams... very disturbing and jarring. Interesting way of telling the story and I actually thought Sean Penn did a good job.

Cellular... fucking garbage. Horribly predictable. I actually had a running monologue going on about what was going to happen next.

North by Northwest... classic Hitchcock. A bit silly because of its age, but a classic nonetheless.
Old 17-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #1696
Surprize

Yesterday I had a movie day, as I had two DVDs I was yearning to watch: 'Where The Wild Things Are' and 'Cherie'. I also went to see 'Robin Hood' to the cinema. Each movie was average or even worse. So I suppose it was my woest movie day. 'Where The Wild thing Are' -- I understood nothing about the message they wanted to render in that film, although I really expected it, since saw the trailer. 'Cherie' was so boring that even posh costumes, luxurious srt direction and cast didn't save it. 'Robin Hood' was the best thing I watches yesterday. Nevertheless, it stays an average watch with no Robin Hood's heroic deeds we all know and expect.
Old 17-05-2010, 08:41 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1697
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Not seen Robin Hood yet but I suspect that was the point. They didn't want to do yet another re-hashing of the age-old story that's been made into many films already. Nobody really knows the "true" story; it's all legends and myths.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 10:55 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1698
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Not today but last friday I saw 'American: The Bill Hicks Story". It's a beautifully put together documentary with animated scenes from Bill's life that defy all initial scepticisim. Inevitably it is extremely funny but it doesn't shy away from the tragedy of losing such a great artist and commentator.

Bill Hicks has been a hero of mine since I first became aware of his work and the opportunity to better understand his life and work was a great pleasure. I cannot recommend this film and the work of Bill Hicks highly enough. Do whatever it takes to get to your local rundown, shitty arthouse cinema (or gleaming indie palace, whatever is nearest to hand) and find out when they are showing this.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 09:54 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1699
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Bill Hicks was a fricking genius. Alas, like so many, ripped from the world in his prime. It's amazing how many people who've only discovered him since his death seem to think he ripped off Tool or Denis Leary, when Tool openly admit being inspired by Hicks (not the other way around) and Leary is a plagiarising fuck, known for lifting Hicks' material word for word. The world is a poorer place without Bill Hicks, that's for sure. The Jeff Buckley of comedy.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:44 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1700
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Jerry Maguire. Yeah, sappy, I know, but I'd forgotten just how good that movie was.