What movie have you seen today? - Page 7 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 14-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #121
a ring in return

Is that the movie where they're at summer camp or something like that?

Your face is light
And cocaine white
a ring in return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2005, 01:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #122
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Dark Water.

Horrible movie, but I've heard the Japanese version is much better. Gotta check it out later.
Old 15-08-2005, 03:37 AM   Officer #123
Mags
Officer

First of all, word on Wet Hot American Summer. Best movie ever.

Second...go see The Aristocrats. Immediately. It is so deliciously disgusting and vile. Fantastic.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2005, 04:07 AM   Officer #124
Renegade
Stock Boy

I saw I Heart Huckabees. It started well and ended well. The middle was bleh. It was an okay movie.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2005, 07:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #125
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Second...go see The Aristocrats. Immediately. It is so deliciously disgusting and vile. Fantastic.
I want to see that movie so badly. I don't think it's coming near me anytime soon, though, which completely pisses me off.

Today a bunch of people and myself watched Spinal Tap and Vanilla Sky. It was my DVD of Spinal Tap, and no one saw it before (except me, obviously) which was so awesome because it made the movie twice as fun to watch. They loved it, but how could you not? Vanilla Sky is always a good watch, too, even though it has some mega plot holes.
Old 15-08-2005, 09:22 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #126
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

I saw Saved. Good movie.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2005, 01:01 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #127
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I saw The Pacifier with my daughter. I was amazed at how well the writers were able to weave such a tapestry of cliche's. She loved it, though.
Thankfully her taste in music is better than movies.
Old 15-08-2005, 02:30 PM   Senior Registered Member #128
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I want to see the Aristocrats, but like Jake said, it's not playing within 2 hours of my place.

I'll wait for it to hit Starz.
Old 15-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #129
marry rich people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
I saw I Heart Huckabees. It started well and ended well. The middle was bleh. It was an okay movie.
Yeah, I agree. It had a good concept and it did start out well, but it got less and less interesting as the movie went on. By the end I was sort of bored and confused by what had just happended for the last hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Today a bunch of people and myself watched Spinal Tap and Vanilla Sky.
Spinal Tap is genius. Not as good as the later ones like "Best In Show" in my opinion but it's still hilarious. Christopher Guest is my hero. He better come out with a new movie soon.
For a change, for a change
Thats ok, ok, ok
marry rich people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 10:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #130
Richard
Dated

There was a Cary Grant marathon on TCM...

Operation Petticoat (1959) Nothing much here. A nice navy comedy starring Cary Grant and Tony Curtis. I found it somewhat enjoyable.

His Girl Friday (1940) This is a great movie. It's use of overlapping dialogue and the sheer pace of it all is just exhilarating to watch. It's probably my favorite Cary Grant film.

April Fool's Day (1986) One of the best horror films of the 80s. I'm serious. Or I should say one of the best Halloween ripoffs, of the bagillion that were made. Some may believe the ending to be easily predictable, but the first time I saw this movie, when I was a kid, the ending was a complete surprise. The acting is not that bad either. It's funny too.

Gunga Din (1939) Another great Cary Grant film. I thoroughly enjoyed this picture. It had a nice use of dramatic and comedic moments.

Walk, Don't Run (1966) Cary Grant's last film, and clearly it came suddenly to the world because this movie didn't strike me as "a last effort" to one of the most beloved screen legends. As for the movie, it's nice, but pointless, in my opinion.

Cary Grant: A Class Apart (TV) (2004) This is a cool documentary in tribute of Cary. I've learned a lot of new things about the actor.
Old 18-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #131
squirrel

cary grant...'philadelphia story,' 'bringing up baby' (katherine hepburn very hot). and more kate, 'desk set,' with spencer tracy.
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 01:36 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #132
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

So I watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkababble. Kids still can't act (though they are getting less shit). It was a decent effort by the director who managed to make a film as opposed to the last guy who just put the book on film which was a touch shit. Overall I give it a 'no bad'.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #133
seitanic

Mind Game http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452039/ -- A surreal animated film from Japan from the director of Cat Soup. Worth seeing just for the aesthetic and stylistic aspects alone, even if you aren't a huge fan of "anime". The plot isn't horribly deep but the story is still very inspiring.
seitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 03:26 AM   Senior Registered Member #134
frodo1511
Pin Dick

The 40 Year Old Virgin

Steve Carell is amazing, and some of the physical humor he portrays on screen is to die for(opening scene, condom scene, wax scene), and the supporting cast is also great. Just thought that the ending was a bit longer then needed, but that could be because I had to take a 3 minute pee right after the film ended.

8.5/10
Old 20-08-2005, 04:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #135
gracie
Goddess

i watched the wizard of oz last night. obviously a fabulous way to kill time.

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
Lord knows, it would be the first time
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 10:51 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #136
Digital_Ice

ive just seen #willy wonka, willa wonka, the amazing chocolatier...#

abd i think the phrase im looking for is.... "what..... the.... fuck......"

but then i saw tim burton's name... and i understood.....
Old 21-08-2005, 12:34 AM   Senior Registered Member #137
Richard
Dated

Deconstructing Harry (1997) My first Woody Allen film. It was alright. I need to see more of his better work to form some kind of opinion on him.

Ghost World (2000) I've seen this movie before, but it aired on IFC recently and I just couldn't resist. Actually, it was better than I remembered it. This is my favorite Scarlett Johansson film.

Natural Born Killers (1994) It was so bizarre in a way I managed to like it, but it also made me mad. It's a cruel, violent movie, even tasteless in my opinion, and I just couldn't wait for that Bonnie & Clyde moment I knew was going to happen at the end but never did. Disappointing.

Ziegfeld Girl (1941) Another Ziegfeld movie starring Judy Garland, James Stewart, and Lana Turner. Nothing much here.

Finding Neverland (2004) The film looked nice, but I found almost the entire picture a little tedious. Depp's acting efforts were good, and I thought the performances by the actors who played the four brothers were great. I've been a fan of Peter Pan and all that jazz after I saw the 1960 version, and though this is more or less a biography... it really wasn't my cup of tea.

The Spencer Tracy Legacy (1986) (TV) A nice documentary hosted by Katharine Hepburn. Good for those who are interested.
Old 21-08-2005, 05:14 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #138
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

The Jacket I bought this and Sin City the other night. I guess all of the negative things I had read really lowered my expectations, so I rather liked it. I found it much more straightforward and easier to follow than I thought I would. The only plot hole I could find was the fact that the officer, whose slaying gets him into the jacket in the first place, would have radioed a tag number, vehicle description and mile marker before getting out of the car. This would have proven someone else was there and likely pulled the trigger since the gun was wiped clean. Nit picking, I know, but it's the little things that mean so little. Time travel or delusion?

You Only Live Twice I love reading how hokey the Bond series has become, and then watching one with Connery that registers a 0.9 on the believability scale. This was one of the films that I had seen parts of, but never all the way through. Well, now I can scratch that off of the list and get on with my life. Sean Connery as a Japanese fisherman. Thick eyebrowed, rough hewn, hairy armed, legged and chested Sean Connery. Yes, sit back and drink that nonsense in for a moment and then realize it's probably one of the more believable points of the film.

Pale Rider Damn this movie, damn it straight to hell! Everytime I see it, I have to sit there and watch it. Saved the Western from the Hollywood scrap heap. Damn fine film, even if you hate Westerns.
Old 22-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #139
a ring in return

Just saw charlie and the chocolate factory. Decent film, I atribute the lack of being entertained at all times to the fact that I already knew the story. Oh and the last five minutes I saw without sound because the theater fucked up. But hey, I got a free pass from it, so atleast I won't have to pay when I see brothers grim in the 26th.

Your face is light
And cocaine white
a ring in return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 11:17 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #140
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Ray
Holy shit. Jamie Foxx deserved two Oscars for that performance. The film was really accurate, when it came to his career, as well. He really did wallow in anonymity for a while because he was mimicing Cole and Brown. I would have given anything to have seen Charles, Cash and Sinatra live during my lifetime.