What movie have you seen today? - Page 61 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #1201
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Transformers: I felt like I was 7 again, playing with all my action figures. Light on story and character development, but who gives a shit with a movie like this? Just give me Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee, and the Almighty himself, Optimus Prime.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1202
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I liked Transformers as well. I thought the story was good. and the effects were very good.

I also saw Live free or die hard. This story is weak and kind of unbelievable. But if you just watch it for the action, you'll like it, I did. long live Bruce
Old 05-07-2007, 10:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #1203
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Die Hard 4.0 was shit compared to the first three. To have a PG-13 rated film starring John McClane is against my religious beliefs.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:14 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1204
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Did i compare it to the first three pin dick?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #1205
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

I saw "Snatch" a few nights ago.
God, I loved it. So many accents, I was so happy
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:33 AM   Senior Registered Member #1206
Pygmalion
Pissed

Bram Stoker's Dracula.
It was so awful I had to watch the Ellen DeGeneres Show instead.
I feel that says something.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:57 AM   Senior Registered Member #1207
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
Did i compare it to the first three pin dick?
It's inevitable that the comparison would come up, Ran.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:53 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1208
Digital_Ice

Poseidon

All you could ever want in an action flick.

Weak plot.
Bad dialog.
Crap soundtrack.
Action sequences that defy all laws of physics.
Convenient solutions to all major obstacles... but that are only discovered at the last possible second.
Being able to correctly predict early on which protagonists would survive to the end.
Being able to work out who would die accidentally, and who would sacrifice themselves for "the greater good". (Including the obligatory argument between the girls father and the girls fiance).

meh. predictable really... but Emmy Rossum in a dress with a low cut top and short skirt made it watchable. lol
Old 08-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #1209
gbraeme71

Hello,

Today, it is earlier to watch a movie (it is almost 12:00 am) but yesterday, I watched in family, The Nun's Story (or something like that) with Audrey Hepburn.
This is not one of her most known movies but I absolutely loved it. It was made in 1959 and in black and white.
It is about a young Belgian woman who decides to become nun by a strong vocation, some years before the 2d WW and goes to Congo, in order to help the population via a local mission. She is back in Belgium during the first months of war and decides to quit her nun's cloths just after to have larnt her father's death.
OK, it iisn't as "nervous" and exciting as Die Hard or Pirates of Caribean - especially for a Saturday nevening! - but well, one learns a lot about nun's uses and rules before the war.
The movie is based on a true story, the Kathryn Hulme and Lou Habet's one.
If there is nothing interested aired this afternoon, maybe we will watch Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Bye ofr now,

gbraeme71
Old 08-07-2007, 04:34 PM   Senior Registered Member #1210
Porcelain_Doll

I watched "The Illusionist" yesterday.

I don't know what was all the fuss about it, people kept telling me it was crap. I'm so glad I never listen to anybody.

I liked it very much. I think the big deal was that it came out at the same time "The Prestige" did, and it just couldn't compete. Two stories, about magicians, mystery, bad rich guys trying to ruin them, love interests and tragedy were bound to be compared.

Overall, I did like it. Edward Norton did a great job, he was wonderful as the completely unalterable Eisenheim, but whose eyes said everything.
Jessica Biel just stood there and looked pretty, poor thing, I preferred her so much more in "Blade - Trinity" (who wouldn't?!?!).
And Paul Giamatti probably single-handedly saved this movie from being 100% predictable. I heart that guy.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

my blog

Old 09-07-2007, 05:37 AM   Senior Registered Member #1211
Pygmalion
Pissed

Knocked Up

It was pretty funny, a bit too long for my attention span though.
A lot of reviews I read talked about how the film is pro-abortion; I didn't really get that message although they could have dealt with the subject in a more adult way.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:02 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1212
Digital_Ice

Underworld: Evolution

Kate Bekinsale.... Lycra.... nuff said.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #1213
mongoose

I just watched Kingdom of Heaven. Hreh...pretty usual war-film. Not really impressed, the fight scenes were the best parts
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #1214
MishanyaMSKK

Transformers.
Pretty childish movie, but I like it. Good scenes with transforming, fighting and good music. And "What I've done" in the end was impressive.
MishanyaMSKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #1215
Porcelain_Doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
Underworld: Evolution

Kate Bekinsale.... Lycra.... nuff said.
Thank you! Everybody says I'm nuts for liking vampire movies, especially those ones.
But watching her kick some serious ass and having half vamp/half lycan Scott Speedman as lover? I'm green with envy.

The Merchant of Venice.

Al Pacino in this film = excellence. The speech he gives to Antonio's friends outside the brothel was sheer genius.
But my favorite character by far was Portia, played brilliantly by Lynn Collins.
I always liked Portia best when I read the play: daring, seductive and smarter than her husband; in a time when women were little more than possessions, a means for pleasure, entertainment or a prize to win.

I loved the subtle lesbian undertone of her relationship with Nerissa, that already proved much more than a sevant-lady relationship...sometimes they were best friends, others sisters, others they seemed lovers. Amazing.

my blog

Old 10-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #1216
mongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
Thank you! Everybody says I'm nuts for liking vampire movies, especially those ones.
What's wrong with vamipre movies? I liked Underworld (both parts). They were really cool movies.

Yesterday I watched Fantasic 4 . Really remembered me about the cartoons and comics I used to watch as a child. Nice.
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:03 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1217
Digital_Ice

Die Hard 4

heehee. loved it.

(i really can't be arsed to write a better review... maybe i'll edit my post later on)
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #1218
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I'm watching Factory Girl right now, it's almost through. It's about Edie Sedgewick and all her Andy Warhol/NYC/Bob Dylan business.

It's pretty interesting but I hear it's very fictionalized. So much, I guess, that Bob Dylan has sued it.

Hayden Christensen plays the Bob Dylan character, and it's just bad. It's hard to watch...he's not a very good actor, and he tries to do the Bob Dylan voice.
Old 13-07-2007, 03:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #1219
michael22
eternally screwed

damn, you all made me want to watch vamire movies

Blade- decent action movie
Nosferatu- a great film even if it is quite old.

Dracula dead and loving it- ah Mel brooks what genious
Old 14-07-2007, 08:19 AM   Senior Registered Member #1220
Pygmalion
Pissed

Harry Potter And The Order Of the Pheonix
It was pretty good, I liked the 3rd and 4th better though.
Plus Luna was hot, I'd plow her.