What movie have you seen today? - Page 54 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 19-03-2007, 08:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #1061
michael22
eternally screwed

The St. Paty's bood fest
Boondock saints: 9/10
The Departed: the MOb film version of Hamlet 8/10
Leprechaun: wow insultingly good 6/10
Tristan and Isolde: 9/10
On other days
Sparticus: 10/10 forget spartans I am SPARTICUS!!!!
flags of our fathers: if you are looking for a war bonding film watch Black hawk down. this was just a waste of time. 5/10
Old 19-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #1062
Norseman

No movie, but I have seen Sunn o))) play in a 17th century stone church in Norway. THAT was worth watching!.
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 10:27 PM   #1063
Joana

Power Burro!

My animation movie! Hehehehehehe!

A good movie!
Joana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 07:58 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1064
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I just watched Zodiac, It was alright at best
Kind of interesting and boring at the same time
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #1065
Joana

The Interpreter
Love this movie!
Old 21-03-2007, 10:28 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1066
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Blood Diamond was very cool. I even liked Leo
I can see why all the oscar nods
Old 23-03-2007, 05:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #1067
Richard
Dated

I think I should let it be known that I'm an active member of a certain forum where discussion of classic movies thrive on a daily bases, so as a matter of fact, most of the time, the old movies I list here are really cut-and-paste and that I don't actually waste much of my time on this forum writing something most of you probably don't even read -- though some of you do, those who are interested that is. But that's to be expected, I guess, because not many of you seem to watch really old movies. I just keep getting this voice in my head imagining someone saying "Geez, does Richard actually think we read this?" :icon_wink

Invitation to the Dance (1956) - A 90 minute musical without a single word uttered. The movie is a series of different stories told through dance. Gene Kelly not only starred in this movie, he also directed it. This is really an interesting piece. I haven't seen anything like it before. A fine example showcasing Kelly's genius as a dancer and choreographer.

Grand Central Murder (1942) - A murder is commited at Grand Central. It's basically a "who-done-it" murder mystery with too many suspects. I found it a little hard to follow and I just didn't care enough. Van Heflin stars.

Phffft! (1954) - At the beginning of the film Jack Lemmon and Judy Holliday are husband and wife who waste no time in getting a divorce (they basically have a lack of interest in each other), and the rest of the movie is told through a series of flashbacks of when they first met. Now, how can a person go wrong with Jack Lemmon and Judy Holliday, right? Well, I didn't find it all that funny. The comic timing is perfect, but it's not all that witty. It just didn't leave an impression on me like the other Lemmon/Holliday comedy they made that same year called "It Should Happen to You".

The Sons of Katie Elder (1965) - John Wayne plays the oldest brother of four as he returns to his hometown after his mother dies. He sees that the town has changed and finds out that his childhood ranch is now owned by somebody else. He also learns that his father was shot in the back some months before and is set to find out who done it. It's a good story which also stars Dean Martin as one of the brothers.

Kiss Me Stupid (1964) - Dean Martin plays a nightclub singer who gets stranded in a small town. While waiting for his car to be fixed, Dino stays at the home of a piano player, who tries to sell him the rights to one of his songs. Orville, the piano player, learns that his wife has a crush on Dino, and in turn he sends her away and hires another woman to masquerade as his wife; convinced that Dino, a womanizer, might make a pass at her. This is really a silly story, and Billy Wilder, the director and master at such, tells it quite fulfillingly.

The Sniper (1952) - San Francisco is terrorized by an unstable man who goes on a killing spree shooting women with a rifle. It's a pretty good movie which was also filmed on location in San Francisco. Those scenes alone were exciting to watch.

The Wild One (1953) - A peaceful community gets a visit from a bunch of youthful bikers. They cause quite a disturbance and some of the local townspeople (instead of the reluctant sheriff) decide to put matters into their own hands. It's a very enjoyable movie which I think captures the essence of its period. I didn't care too much for Marlon Brando in this, yet I couldn't possibly imagine anyone else playing the part.

Stella Dallas (1937) - After marrying into higher society (well, better than before), Barbara Stanwyck's character still craves for a more glamorous lifestyle while her devoted love for her husband diminishes on account that he spends too much time away from her and their then infant daughter. As their daughter grows older (played greatly by Anne Shirley), Stella and her husband have now seperated, and Stella goes through this sad transformation of trying to get noticed. This is one of my favorites of Stanwyck's. She is superb in this. This is also the best performance I've seen by Alan Hale.

The Kennel Murder Case (1933) - It is what the title suggests. A dog is killed, I think, but the focus of the movie is when detective Philo Vance, played by William Powell, is called to investigate the murder of two men. I didn't like it. Even crime buff enthusiasts can do better than this dated murder mystery.

The Blue Angel (1930) - I made the ghastly mistake of watching the English/German version of this movie (instead of the other disc which contains the film entirely in German) that I haven't worked up the courage of sitting through it again. I thought it was just terrible -- the English/German version that is -- but my opinion should change when I decide to watch the film again the way it was intended to be seen. In addition to this being Germany's first talking picture I believe, it was also the movie that introduced American audiences to Marlene Dietrich.

Red River (1948) - John Wayne manages a cattle drive across the Red River into Missouri. Montgomery Clift co-stars as Wayne's adopted son who subsequently turns against him after realizing Wayne's character may be losing his mind. This is a great movie despite its terrible ending. Walter Brennan co-stars and is funny as hell.

Rio Bravo (1959) - It's a western essential. Go see it. Walter Brennan is too much in this.
Old 23-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #1068
Joana

Gone with the Wind

I love this movie and it's great to see it again
Old 23-03-2007, 09:35 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1069
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I just watched 300
Pretty cool, But I thought
the 300 spartans won
Old 23-03-2007, 09:39 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1070
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
I just watched 300
Pretty cool, But I thought
the 300 spartans won
Nope. They "won" in the sense that they inflicted heavy casualties on the Persians and allowed other Greek city states to prepare. Athens burned, but most of the population was evacuated, so it was a hollow triumph for Xerxes...who, by the way, wasn't a side-show freak as depicted in the film.
Remember to read pages 230-250 in your text...there'll be a quiz on Monday.
Old 23-03-2007, 09:50 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1071
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Blow your test out your arse tubby
Old 23-03-2007, 11:28 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #1072
Liam
Bogan Elite

I watched Shortbus on a recommendation from my favourite radio program.

Its very, very fruity.
Old 24-03-2007, 05:30 AM   Senior Registered Member #1073
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I saw Happy Feet and it Happy Sucked.

But check this shit out:
Old 24-03-2007, 06:17 PM   Senior Registered Member #1074
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

De-Lovely.

Very good. I can't wait to get my hands on the soundtrack...

Btw, Jake, make more jokes about Gerard Butler and I will perform Banana Voodoo on you. MUAHAHA.

P.S: Fear the Banana Voodoo!!!
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007, 07:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #1075
michael22
eternally screwed

duck season: two mexican boys are left home and fate throws people into their paths. At one point they are playing the Pizza man in worl cup soccer or a pizza. Though it is really weird .

10/10
Beowulf and Grendel: Gerard Butler as Beowulf,interesting take onb the legend, with gratuitous gore and a troll hacing his own arm off with a spear. 7/10
Old 25-03-2007, 01:25 AM   Senior Registered Member #1076
Porcelain_Doll

Edward Scissorhands.

A classic. And so full of metaphores and double meanings, the scissors are the last thing you notice. Or not.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

my blog

Old 25-03-2007, 12:03 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1077
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

No Holes Barred. Great art direction and lighting. And the acting was excellent.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 05:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #1078
Porcelain_Doll

The Italian Job.

Not the original, mind you, the one with Charlize Theron and Mark Wahlberg. Pretty decent, especially Mos Def, he rocks!

Favorite part was when Stella punched Steve. Brings back fond memories.

my blog

Old 25-03-2007, 06:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #1079
Porcelain_Doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak View Post
No chance you'll share those fond memories with us? :icon_wink
S&M fan? or just curious? :icon_wink

my blog

Old 25-03-2007, 08:35 PM   Senior Registered Member #1080
Porcelain_Doll

Nope. I'm pro-guy. Just not pro-pervs.

my blog