What movie have you seen today? - Page 43 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #841
ryan

i do have to admit...i'm definitely going to pull what jamie foxx did in the movie during his sex scene sometime.

"oh oh ohhh"
*girl gets disappointed, 5 second silent pause*
"just kiddin"

blahahaha
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #842
Richard
Dated

The 40 Year Old Virgin: Funny movie. It's not for everyone, though. You really need to have a naughty sense of humor to enjoy it.

In Good Company: This movie took me by complete surprise. I really liked it. It also made me remember why I have fondness for Dennis Quaid. Topher is great in this movie, and he brings a certain charm into his character -- very similar to his famous TV personality, Eric. As for Scarlett, well, let's just say that I am gradually becoming more interested. I really liked the story, too. I thought it was very original and I couldn't have been more satisfied with it.

16 Blocks: It's okay, but I thought it was a bit flawed. The relationship between Jack and Eddie seemed a bit weak to me. The whole thing appeared rushed and quick to the point. They really needed more screentime together. And I didn't like how the corrupt cops just seemed to appear out of nowhere, even with their fancy gadgets. The movie, I don't believe, ever explained why the character of Jack was a hard-drinking man with a limp. He looked like he was dying, too, and the movie never explained why he looked that way. I suppose because Jack was apart of the investigation, he was left with a certain amount of guilt, and maybe that was the reason why his character looked and acted the way his character did. The action were mild, nothing special, and Mos Def was pretty decent in this movie.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:33 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #843
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Just watched Battle of Britain again, it's still brilliant.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:03 AM   #844
Greg21
Newcomer

I saw Pride and Prejudice for the 1st time today. I don't usually like movies like this, but I liked it(probably just because Keira's in it). She was amazing in it, and beautiful.
Greg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #845
Richard
Dated

Watched Deliverance today. It was just as great as I remember it.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:58 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #846
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
Every criticism I have heard of it so far has been fuckwitted or just plain wrong. I can understand if one just doesn't dig Michael Mann's style and approach but anything else is bullshit.
Actually most criticisms I've heard of it come from people who dislike Mann, hated Collateral and Heat. I think if you hate his style, his movies will piss you off because he's a very stylish director who stamps his films with his own unique mark. And he's never changing his style as he doesn't have to.

I'm going to see it with my friend this afternoon so I shall report back.

Heh Ryan, that sounds like something I just HAVE to try.

Edit: Having seen it now, it was poor. Started off brightly, went downhill with the Havana bit (I don't think that spoils it for anyone, those who've seen it will know what bit I mean), and didn't get better until the end. Middle hour was weak, overly long, and meandered without direction, contributing little to the plot. Overall the film spelt things out so much that there were no real twists or surprises. This wouldn't have been so bad had Farrell managed any chemistry with Jamie Foxx. Farrell felt like a cardboard cut out and the entire film lacked any real emotion, possibly as Farrell had most screen time. Heat and Collateral both felt "real", this doesn't, and I actually want my money back.

Last edited by Hazzle; 05-08-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:45 AM   Senior Registered Member #847
kingdumbass

The Brown Bunny....

Fucking TERRIBLE. It's basically two hours of cinematic jerking-off, courtesy of Vincent Gallo. I rented this movie fully knowing that it had a bad reputation, and yet, I was clinging to some hope that it would have something to offer. It doesn't. Boring beyond words. Not even the much-hyped explicit blow job delivered by Chloe Sevigny could save this. Watching her slurp on Mr. Gallow's greasy johnson for five minutes isn't all it's cracked up to be.

1 out of 5 stars.

Mallrats....

Pretty crappy, but there's still some kind of charm there...like all Kevin Smith movies. I keep holding out hope that he'll get it right, but he never quite does. Mallrats does have its moments, though.

2 out of 5 stars.

Wet, Hot American Summer....

A pretty funny summer camp movie, courtesy of the folks who brought us The State sketch comedy series. Some hilarious gags, especially for those who love the absurd.

4 out of 5 stars.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:47 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #848
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Mallrats is excellent! Not seen The Brown Bunny but I was going to. Should I not?

But you recommend Wet Hot American Summer?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:03 PM   Senior Registered Member #849
kingdumbass

I recommend Wet, Hot American Summer if you like things that are openly stupid....
It also helps if you've seen other Summer Camp movies, as this one is basically a spoof of them.

The Brown Bunny was torture. I actually watched most of it in fast forward, and it was STILL mind-numbingly dull. I have nothing against slow-moving films, but that's assuming that they have things like plot, characters, and dialogue. This was just plain bad. You have to see it in order to truly understand.

And maybe I'm being a little too hard on Mallrats. I think it's the focus on comic books and Stars Wars that annoys me a little. And the climax scene during that dating show was just a bit too much for me. Still, like I said, it has its own kind of charm. There's got to be SOMETHING that keeps making me watch Kevin Smith movies.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:23 PM   Senior Registered Member #850
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass
There's got to be SOMETHING that keeps making me watch Kevin Smith movies.
He's good it at! If you don't think of Jersey Girl then he's really good. Oliver Stone is a pretentious douche.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #851
MrPink

Saw my favourite three films this weekend. Donnie Darko--- what can i say? gets even better each time i see it. amazing.
In The Name Of The Father-- another truly great film with a great sound track. just awesome, no one thing makes it good, it's just.... argh i dunno, i just love it.
last but not least.... HARD CANDY!!!!----took over from donnie darko as best move ever (in my humble opinion) just pure genius. i love how it is all down to ur imagination, u don't actually see anything particularly horrid but u feel shell shocked after you've seen it. espescially the first time. if that girl (ellen page) doesn't get some sort of award for that i'll be shocked.

has anyone seen lady in the water yet? i'm interested in your opinions of it, how it compares to shayamalans other films.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:44 PM   Senior Registered Member #852
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPink
has anyone seen lady in the water yet? i'm interested in your opinions of it, how it compares to shayamalans other films.
Well i haven't, but a lot of my friends did this past weekend. They said it ended like the Village and Signs, you were just saying "oh...reallly...that's the crazy twist?". My theory was that it was gonna be an autistic kid staring at a soggy green peace of paper with a leaf on it.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #853
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I watched Trainspotting today which was brilliant, and I watched Being John Malkovich again, both with a couple friends. Really good movies, but we get carried away with our own commentary sometimes. It's usually pretty funny.

DEAD BABY FTWOMG
Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #854
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Actually Shyamalan's twists are usually predictable. Only Unbreakable surprised me.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 AM   Senior Registered Member #855
kingdumbass

I've actually never seen one of his movies....
I just added Signs to my NetFlix list, though.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:29 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #856
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Unbreakable's the best. Sixth Sense is good, but you'll see the twist a mile off, and anyway, it's been spouted around so much I doubt you've managed to get away without hearing it already. Signs and The Village are average and it doesn't bode well for The Lady in the Water. Still tempted to see it but I'll wait til it's a rental.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #857
kingdumbass

Oooh, thanks....
You just reminded me to add The Sixth Sense to my list. For some reason, I never saw it.

Tomorrow, I should be getting Last Days, The Adventures of Baron VonMunchhausen (or whatever), and Secretary (Maggie Gyllenhall full-frontal nudity -- woo-hoo!). I'll report back after I've watched them.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #858
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass
Maggie Gyllenhall
Boobs are good... but her?...

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #859
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Secretary's excellent. Maggie's gorgeous AND talented. Perfect.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #860
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Secretary's excellent. Maggie's gorgeous AND talented. Perfect.
MAGGIE GYLLENHALL?

good god haz. the fucks wrong with you?
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote