What movie have you seen today? - Page 41 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 23-07-2006, 12:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #801
Swordsman
Voted Best!

I found it to be even funnier the second time around. You can tell that Jay and Silent Bob are now friends with Dante and Randal, which i think is cool. The donkey fucking scene was one of the funniest things i think i've ever seen.
Old 23-07-2006, 06:34 AM   Senior Registered Member #802
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I thought it was really funny how

SPOILER?

they found out it was going to be a man and a donkey, but they just kept watching. And how Dante told Becky he loved her, but she told him to wait so they could watch the interspecies erotica performance.

I have to go see it again.
Old 23-07-2006, 06:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #803
Swordsman
Voted Best!

I GUESS THIS MIGHT BE A SPOILER...

I thought that Kinky Kelly was the donkey right off the bat. I'm not much of a thinker, i suppose i should've assumed the it was the name of the chick since the donkey gets blown.

Porch Monkey 4 Life. That was a good ol' semantics arguement.
Old 23-07-2006, 10:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #804
Richard
Dated

I watched Steven Spielberg's 1941 yesterday. To tell you the truth, this film has received so much bashing and I cannot understand why. Not everything is funny, of course, and some moments were extremely over the top and corny. But it was amusing, and insane. It's in the tradition of Hollywood's old slapstick comedies and relies a lot on the physical humor of the characters to create laughs. I guess I have a penchant for these sort of pictures, and it's probably one of Spielberg's most underrated.
Old 24-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #805
Veg

Watched Cidade de Deus ( City of God ) at 2 in the morning.
Fucking amazing definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen and for once said to be very accurate to what happened. Just great.

Watched lock stock the night before and am watching monty pyhton and the holy grail now.

fantastic movies them all are.
Old 24-07-2006, 04:59 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #806
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
I watched Steven Spielberg's 1941 yesterday. To tell you the truth, this film has received so much bashing and I cannot understand why. Not everything is funny, of course, and some muments were extremely over the top and corny. But it was amusing, and insane. It's in the tradition of Hollywood's old slapstick comedies and relies a lot on the physical humor of the characters to create laughs. I guess I have a penchant for these sort of pictures, and it's probably one of Spielberg's most underrated.
Robert Stack was fucking nails as Vinegar Joe Stillwell. One of my favorites.
Old 24-07-2006, 08:44 PM   Senior Registered Member #807
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Robert Stack was fucking nails as Vinegar Joe Stillwell. One of my favorites.
I didn't know Robert Stack was in the movie until the end credits. You would think anyone would be able to recognize him, afterall, with that voice. To tell you the truth, it was those damn shades that threw me off.
Old 28-07-2006, 01:05 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #808
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Road to Perdition for the umpteenth time. Man that film never gets old.

So fucking quality. Excellent acting, excellent script, AMAZING directing and most importantly of all, one of the best periods of history EVER.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2006, 01:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #809
kingdumbass

I saw "TransAmerica" last night....
It was actually a good movie. Lots of plot twists, and not overly boring or dramatic. I'm also now convinced that Felicty Huffman should have won that Oscar. Anyone who says that her performance was just a gimmick that involved hagging it up and talking like man just hasn't really seen the movie. By the end of it, I actually cared about her character. *SPOILER* -- There's one point towards the end where it looks like she might not actually be able to get the sex change, and I felt so bad for her. Then, when things worked out, I wanted to applaud. Afterwards, I was impressed that Huffman could make a guy like me feel empathy for a character like that.

I also watched, "The Dreamers"....
Good, overall. The much-hyped sex scenes were actually very well done, and Eva Green is a hot little muffin (Guys -- she shows her vag ). Michael Pitt (soon to be seen opposite Keira Knightley, in Silk) was good, but I could not get Leonardo DiCaprio out of my head while watching him (Oh, and ladies -- he shows his weener ). The problem with the movie is that, as interesting as the story was, I could sense where it was all headed, so the whole thing is one down note.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2006, 02:44 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #810
Leonie
Elle

You are an odd little fellow, aren't you?
Old 28-07-2006, 05:05 AM   Senior Registered Member #811
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass
I saw "TransAmerica" last night....
It was actually a good movie. Lots of plot twists, and not overly boring or dramatic. I'm also now convinced that Felicty Huffman should have won that Oscar. Anyone who says that her performance was just a gimmick that involved hagging it up and talking like man just hasn't really seen the movie. By the end of it, I actually cared about her character. *SPOILER* -- There's one point towards the end where it looks like she might not actually be able to get the sex change, and I felt so bad for her. Then, when things worked out, I wanted to applaud. Afterwards, I was impressed that Huffman could make a guy like me feel empathy for a character like that.

I also watched, "The Dreamers"....
Good, overall. The much-hyped sex scenes were actually very well done, and Eva Green is a hot little muffin (Guys -- she shows her vag ). Michael Pitt (soon to be seen opposite Keira Knightley, in Silk) was good, but I could not get Leonardo DiCaprio out of my head while watching him (Oh, and ladies -- he shows his weener ). The problem with the movie is that, as interesting as the story was, I could sense where it was all headed, so the whole thing is one down note.
Ha! I've seen both these movies already. I WIN!!!!! WOOOOO!

I saw Deliverance, O Brother Where art Thou?, and Ladyhawke in the past few days. All amazing movies.

And Ducks, I'm sure you have already, but if you haven't you need to check out Ladyhawke sometime. You said you were a Broderick fan, and he's awesome in this title. And also Michelle Pheiffer is smoking hot.
Old 28-07-2006, 07:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #812
Swordsman
Voted Best!

I just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and i thought it was one bamf ass movie. I often forget that Val Kilmer actually knows how to act because whenever i think of him i just think of Real Genius. But yeah, Robert Downey Jr. was fucking great, narrarators usually don't get me get laughin' very often. Michelle Monaghan was great too...i can't think of a paricular scene but...uh.. titties.
Old 28-07-2006, 08:03 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #813
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Pfeiffer, and yes, yes she is.

Seen both of those movies too Dumbass and they're both excellent. However I think you miss the point about The Dreamers, the plot and story were just a backdrop to the most beautifully directed film you'll see. Such an artistically made film.

Oooh, Brother Where Art Thou. LOVE that film. Deliverance is good too.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2006, 08:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #814
kingdumbass

Yes, I know that The Dreamers was very well made....
But I just couldn't escape that sinking feeling that it was all going to end badly. There was a kind of sadness that stayed with me through the entire film -- that lonely feeling you get when you stop to think about the fact that it's almost impossible to have a true, lasting connection with another person. Watching Michael Pitt try to fight that truth was painful.

Oh, and tonight I watched Jersey Girl, the Kevin Smith movie....
It sucked. Terribly acted, and badly written...even if well-intended. The unfortunate truth is simply that Kevin Smith, for all his wit and likeability, really isn't good at doing films that don't rely on Jay and Silent Bob.
Old 28-07-2006, 08:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #815
Swordsman
Voted Best!

Dude, Kevin Smith knows that Jersey Girl sucked. In the Clerks II credits he thanks it for taking it so hard in the ass.
Old 29-07-2006, 01:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #816
michael22
eternally screwed

pink floyd's Pulse- when you are in the mood for it and have the energy (if you are tired you wont make it through the first disk). extremely great concert dvd, great lightshow. If you watch the darkside of the moon portion at 2:00am you will either be rendered unconcious or space out and see strange things... 10/10

night of the living dead- great film. the fact that people dont understand is what made the weak slow and dim witted buggers so scary in the first place, relentlesness sheer numbers (also the thought that any lost humans become enemies), and the inevitability that they will get to you. Another thing that is potentially scary is that slight human error and the wrong kind of person can mean your death. these little things and the black and white documentary style just thrusts this film into my favourite. I loved the ending for the following reasons-clannies in disquise, political comedy humour and bleakness.
Old 30-07-2006, 06:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #817
Richard
Dated

Mr. And Mrs. Smith (2005) It was okay. I didn't like the ending, though. This movie is really for fans of Angelina and Brad. And fans who don't mind staring at them for 2 hours.

Sahara (2005) I was disappointed; having been convinced this movie was going to be about a treasure hunt. But that part of the story was sidetracked almost throughout the picture and just centers around a certain pollution that threatens the planet's ecosystem.

Burnt Offerings (1976) It's almost like an early Amityville Horror. Strange movie with Oliver Reed, Karen Black, and Bette Davis.

The Island (2005) I must say I quite enjoyed this movie. At first, I thought I was going to be completely lost storywise, but no, I caught on very quickly and remained interested. Not among my personal favorites by Michael Bay, however.

Yours, Mine, And Ours (2005) A waste of talent, that being Quaid and Russo, incredibly unfunny and an utterly pointless remake. This is the worst film of the decade.

The Weather Man (2005) "I don't like his face. That asshole face". I digged the story. Nic Cage is pretty good in it, and although I didn't really understand Michael Cain's character -- what he was there for -- I ultimately viewed him as the voice of reason. It's a pretty mellow film. I'd recommend it.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) I don't know much about martial arts, but I thought this film had the best choreography I've ever seen. Can we call this film magical realism? Superb acting, by the way, and overall a very fun movie to watch.
Old 30-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #818
Steve84

Shaun of the dead. v funny. as was spaced.

Can't wait for Hot Fuzz
Steve84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 11:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #819
kingdumbass

I just signed up for NetFlix last week, which means that I will have a shitload of movies to talk about pretty soon....
And by the way -- does anyone think it might be cool to have a seperate section of this forum just for the discussion of movies? People could post a thead for each film, rather than just using this one huge thread.

Just an idea to throw out there.
Old 31-07-2006, 05:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #820
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass
I just signed up for NetFlix last week, which means that I will have a shitload of movies to talk about pretty soon....
And by the way -- does anyone think it might be cool to have a seperate section of this forum just for the discussion of movies? People could post a thead for each film, rather than just using this one huge thread.

Just an idea to throw out there.
Use Blockbuster Online. NetFlix people are assholes, and us people rock.

They have a corporate bell that they ring whenever a Blockbuster store closes down, and they celebrate. Which means they celebrate people like me losing their jobs. It's pretty sick. Plus both programs are the same fucking thing, but you get in-store rentals at Blockbuster. One a week on any movie. And they're actually going to add more free stuff. I'll have details later. Maybe I'll make a thread on the 12th when I find out all the new stuff we'll be doing.

I don't know why I'm telling you this, I actually have to make sure I tell every single person about BBusterOnline at work, so you'd think I'd be sick of it. But then I found out about the NetFlix bell, and thought, "wow, that's something an asshole would do." So...don't support assholes. Unless you're a diaper.

Are YOU a diaper, king?