What movie have you seen today? - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 29-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #61
Keyser_so_so

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this morning and loved it. Johnny Depp and co were all great in it, Tim Burton did another great job on his directing and it is very much recommended.
Old 29-07-2005, 10:18 PM   Senior Registered Member #62
Richard
Dated

Always (1989) Pretty good. This aired on TCM as the last movie to be shown in honor of Audrey Hepburn as star of the month. It's a nice romantic drama with a good blend of comedy which Spielberg has been known to do so well. Co-stars Richard Dreyfuss, John Goodman, and Holly Hunter.

Constantine (2005) Bad, but surely entertaining. FX overload is what it is. The director relied way too much on how "cool" every scene should look I don't think he gave much thought to anything else. Just how many times do we have to see Keanu walk towards the camera? Did I mention he's one of the greatest actors of our time? I can easily imagine the vast amounts of storyboards this movie must've went through. As for the film itself... the story just sucks. Why did this movie even get made? It took me a long time to figure out the plot I decided to think smart and give up. Rachel Weisz is great eye candy though.

Play Misty For Me (1971) Clint Eastwood's directorial debut, though it's not great, I found the film to be very effective storywise, and in my opinion, it was executed very well. It's been a while since I've seen Fatel Attraction, but Jessica Walter is freakin' scary. Although I thought the ending was a little rushed, I found it reasonable enough. You guys should check this movie out. Co-stars Clint Eastwood and Donna Mills.

The Apartment (1960) I don't have much to say about this film except that I liked it. It was nominated for 10 Academy Awards in 1960 and won 5 including Best Picture. Co-stars Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine.

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory (1971) Great movie, and the music was nice. I can totally sing along to it. I forgot how great this film was and it's now one of my favorite musicals. In high school, I remember someone having the nerve to tell me that I remind them of Charlie. Just absurd.
Old 29-07-2005, 11:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #63
frodo1511
Pin Dick

2 Fast 2 Furious-what a waste of film. The entire movie was all about having the camera do a close-up of someone shifting gears. Hell, most of the time, the cars were CG. Performances were laughable, but Eva Mendes was good to look at. I don't even know why I watched this movie.

4.3/10
Old 30-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #64
Atvar

I watched Men In Black today. To cut a long story short. The acting was good, the acasionly funny but still made me laugh, and had some nice ideas.
Old 30-07-2005, 02:11 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #65
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I went to see the Island yesterday

I liked it alot. It was cool.
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 05:02 PM   Officer #66
Renegade
Stock Boy

I saw Troy and Meet The Fockers. Troy was good, I liked it. Meet The Fockers sucked more than it's prequel.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 06:25 PM   Senior Registered Member #67
frodo1511
Pin Dick

The Day After Tommorow-nice to look at, but the performances were nothing special.

8.1/10
Old 30-07-2005, 11:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #68
Richard
Dated

It Happened One Night (1934) This is a magnificent film. I actually had low expectations because I wasn't really a Clark Gable fan and I've never even heard of this Claudette Colbert before until now, but it was great. She was great. He was great. Every frame of it. I've enjoyed several Frank Capra films already---Mr. Smith Goes To Washington---Arsenic And Old Lace---It's A Wonderful Life, and now this.

How To Marry A Millionaire (1953) I liked it. It stars two of my favorite actresses Marilyn Monroe and Lauren Bacall. Although not Monroe's funniest film (I'd say Seven Year Itch or maybe, Gentle Prefer Blondes) she does really well playing a simple-minded gal. And she doesn't look to shabby with glasses either. Good film. Co-stars Betty Grable and William Powell.

The French Connection II (1975) Not quite as great as the first one, it does rank as one of my favorite and very well done sequels. We don't find too many of those. Too bad they couldn't get back Roy Scheider for this deal, but an okay film nonetheless.

The African Queen (1951) Great movie. It's so odd to see Humphrey Bogart do the crazy things he does in this film. Quite funny too. Katharine Hepburn is amazing as ever.
Old 31-07-2005, 04:10 AM   Senior Registered Member #69
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Batman Begins-best Batman movie ever(although Mask of the Phantasm is a close second). Everything was great.

9.7/10
Old 31-07-2005, 10:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #70
Richard
Dated

Love Crazy (1941) Another one of those William Powell and Myrna Loy films the two made together, and it's great. It's about a couple who, while celebrating their first anniversary together, start to become a bickering couple after Myrna's character's mother comes to visit. As the film progresses, a divorce is considered after she starts to suspect he's having an affair with a past-time lady friend. Pretty funny movie. IMO

Girl Happy (1965) It's an Elvis movie. It's mediocre. One good song, the rest were forgettable.

The First Traveling Saleslady (1956) I don't think this film is getting the recognition it strongly deserves. It's about a corset designer who takes up a job selling barbed-wire in the west. It has many funny moments as well as a good performance by a young (27, in fact) Clint Eastwood. Co-stars Ginger Rogers.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #71
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Ice Age

My favorite non-Pixar 3D movie. I have no idea why so many people hated it.

8.9/10
Old 01-08-2005, 06:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #72
Scott

I saw The Island the other day, not a bad flick and Scarlett Johanson looked pretty hot throughout the entire movie, and because of that I'll give the movie 8/10
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #73
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I saw The Island the other day, not a bad flick and Scarlett Johanson looked pretty hot throughout the entire movie, and because of that I'll give the movie 8/10

Thank god someone else has seen this movie.

I enjoyed it immensly.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #74
Richard
Dated

Lauren Bacall marathon on TCM... I watched a few.

The Cobweb (1955) It's not about spiders, it's about drapes. Drapes!! Drapes in a psychiatriatic ward no less. Not even Lauren Bacall could save this, but I found it as a nice way to waste 130 minutes of my time. Co-stars Richard Widmark.

Confidential Agent (1945) Decent movie. One of Lauren Bacall's early films and she looks lovely. It takes place during the Spanish Civil War as a man travels to England where he meets quite a few people that prove to be a threat to him. Stupid story really, but I got the basic jest of it and somewhat enjoyed what it had to offer. Co-stars Charles Boyer.

Bacall on Bogart (TV - (1988)) A nice little tribute to Humphrey Bogart hosted by Lauren Bacall. Includes many interviews from people who are dead now.

Private Screening's: Lauren Bacall (2005) Hosted by my TCM mentor Robert Osbourne. He sits down with Bacall discussing how she got her start in Hollywood, her marriage to Bogie, and what she's been doing since.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:18 AM   Senior Registered Member #75
Spire
InSpire Me

Ice Age is the most unoriginal piece of garbage I've ever seen. It's success astounded me.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #76
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
Ice Age is the most unoriginal piece of garbage I've ever seen. It's success astounded me.

I fucking loved it.
Scrat is worth the price of admission alone, plus, I kinda have a thing for prehistoric animals.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:31 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #77
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
It's not like you can go wrong with Kevin Spacey and John Cusack. 7/10
Old 05-08-2005, 10:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #78
Richard
Dated

Obviously I didn't watch all these movies today. Everything I've seen this week, actually.

Young Man With A Horn (1950) Very good. Kirk Douglas plays a man with a passion for the trumpet. I could've swore I had more things to say about this film. Co-stars Lauren Bacall.

The Oklahoma Kid (1939) One of my favorite westerns. James Cagney plays a man who casts revenge on those who hanged his father. Really quick movie. Short too. It also bares some similarity to the conclusion of Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. Co-stars Humphrey Bogart.

All The President's Men (1977) Here's the deal. Anyone who paid attention to anything at all relating to the Watergate Scandal during their history classes in high school should at least remember the few basic facts. Which is all I knew. Anyone who previously read books regarding Watergate should've been able to follow this movie quite easy, which doesn't mean I didn't. This film put me right smack down into the start of it all, and it never slowed down, not even when I hoped it would. I had no idea who this Howard Hunt was, and half of the other dozen people mentioned in this movie. Many names, many dates, and "committee this, committee that". But after many moments of confusion (and many rewinding), I finally got the jest of it all. It's a great movie, in my opinion, and it kept me informed. Co-stars Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford.

The Trojan Women (1971) Horrible. But I say that because I wasn't at all familiar with the play or it's history. I doubt anyone who has zero knowledge of it's setting or story will be able to understand the words that come out of these women's mouths. They sound magnificent, but I have no idea what the hell they're saying. It probably is a good movie. Co-stars Katharine Hepburn and Vanessa Redgrave.

The Village (2004) I liked it. Yep, that's right I did! It's a great film to look at too, and it's story is decent. The twist (as so many people hated) was a nice touch, in my opinion. No complaints. Co-stars Bryce Howard and Joaquin Phoenix.

Ladder 49 (2004) Good. It has some pretty intense fire situations. Co-stars John Travolta and Joaquin Phoenix.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #79
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard

The Village (2004) I liked it. Yep, that's right I did! It's a great film to look at too, and it's story is decent. The twist (as so many people hated) was a nice touch, in my opinion. No complaints. Co-stars Bryce Howard and Joaquin Phoenix.

Glad we have something in common.

War of the Worlds for the third time. Can't get enough of this movie.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #80
Scott

I saw Land of the Dead last night, it was average at best
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote