What movie have you seen today? - Page 37 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 27-06-2006, 01:42 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #721
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Great movie. Fucking loved it. Shame I saw it on a flight really, need to rent it out and watch it properly. (I'm talking about Syriana in case anyone's confused).
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 11:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #722
kingdumbass

I watched "Ultraviolet" last night....
While I absolutely love Milla J, the movie sucked. Not as hideous as "Bloodrayne", but it still sucked. It was boring, poorly-written, and the CG was cheap.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 05:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #723
Swordsman
Voted Best!

I say HOT DAMN! I just watched the new Minutemen documentary. It's a fantastic very interesting story. It's called "We Jam Econo, The Story of The Minutemen". Or it might be history, whatever. If you've never heard the album Double Nickles on The Dime and you like punk rock then go out and buy it now. I just noticed the impact of that album when i watched this documentary. I knew it was an important album to music, but to learn that it partly inspired Henry Rollins, Flea, Ian Mackaye, Milo Auckerman, Richard Hell, and a bunch of other people i greatly admire, it blew my mind. So, go check that out, it's also got like four hours of shows.
Old 29-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #724
runangl
Run Angle.

Oh man. I watched the Breakfast Club today on VH1... and my dad didn't even know what it was! I was so disappointed in him.

And then he left before it got to the "everyone hooks up but the poor geek who ends up writing the essay for everyone anyways" ending. *how sad*
Old 30-06-2006, 12:42 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #725
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

The Jacket. For the first time. What a load of horseshit.

There were some good bits, I particularly liked the earlier war scenes and the acting was rather good by all involved. Keira's acting too. Other than the AWFUL attempt at an American accent. It screamed "English girl trying to be American". She just can't do it. Although for a split second here and there she wasn't quite so "unbelievably crap" at it and was just "crap".

The "Jack", "Jackie", "Jacket" thing got fucking annoying fast though. The end was annoyingly positive, I know it wasn't a "happy" ending (let's not discuss it on here) but the negative side of it was made obvious throughout the film, and the only "twist" was the positive. Which was puketastically sickening. I hate sentimental endings.

All in all, average film (and the worst one with Keira in that I've seen so far), but considering I was at my friend's house playing Burnout Revenge and stopped to watch the movie...I wish I hadn't. The game was FAR more entertaining...
Old 30-06-2006, 12:54 AM   Senior Registered Member #726
ryan

awful accent? not really...i actually thought it was quite good given her real accent.
it's a bit low, but good overall.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 01:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #727
Swordsman
Voted Best!

That game is indeed far more entertaining.
Old 30-06-2006, 02:03 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #728
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

That game is the shit Swords.

Ryan: Her accent sounded like an English person trying to do an American accent. You could tell immediately she's English, and at no point did she ever convince as an American. It was so annoyingly transparent that they were better off just making her character English and explaining it away somehow.

The problem is her natural accent is too polished to ever be American.

However not only was it shit, but it was annoying, and distracted from the film. Which was probably not that bad a thing as the film was awful.
Old 30-06-2006, 02:05 AM   Senior Registered Member #729
michael22
eternally screwed

I have gone through a couple late night movie marathons

the first one..
night of the living dead (original black and white) 10/10
Resident evil 4/10
underworld 5/10
Dracula dead and loving it 10/10 very funny in a sick kind of way
dracula( black and white with Bela Lugosi) 10/10

the next night i had a medieval blood fest
Kingdom of heaven 8/10
Rob Roy 7/10
excalibur 9/10
Gladiator 8/10
Spartacus 10/10
lord of the rings trilogy (extended eddition) 10/10

then last night i just watched random movies
2001 a space odysey 8/10
it was long interestly haunting and in parts dull

Apocalypse Now 10/10
i had not seen that movie since i was six. so the impact was doubly effective since I remembered everything from that movie being black and white and now see all the shades of gray. This movie really shows how men's inner conflict can be lost won or how an easy peace can be achieved, though some peoples inner conflict in this movie just burned them up and left them as wmpty husks (Lance). Marlon brando's performance was excellent.
some quotes from that movie (for those who have not seen it)
soldier: sir it is pretty hairy up there it is charlie's point.
Robert duvall: Charlie don't surf.
and Marlon brando: I saw a snail slithering along a straight razor that is my dream....that is my nightmare.

the jacket: pretty good the pyschologicaly enhanced mind from the first two movies (just e-mail the insults to me) allowed me to just sit and watch as a man struggled against fate. the ending was good in my opinion. The performances were very good 7/10

Predator: if any one just assumes this is an entertaining action flick you definatley need to watch this movie again. the action element kept you entertained and awake. the movie's ever present meaning shows the esssence and power of man's deeper instincts and the feral corners of the pysche rarely used and usually forgotten. The movie also shows the greatness of the human race as the one man against a all powerfull and relentless evil.
It reminds me of a camping trip i took with a couple of my friends awhile ago ( if you want details w-mail me i will not bore you with them here). 7/10

king arthur: the struggle to remain known throughout history, to keep order, protect freedom and retain honour with some of the oldest liturary characters. very good when overly tired and you do not care about lines that are almost read through a computer using the actors voice...8/10
it is weird how energenic you can feel after these marathons or spaced out in the case of last night...
Old 30-06-2006, 07:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #730
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I just watched Grosse Pointe Blank and decided it's one of my top 5 favorite movies. It's great stuff. It has everything. Comedy, Blood, Cusack, Fighting, Romance, Quotable lines. All the neccesities in life.

If you haven't seen it. See it. If you've already seen it. See it again.
Old 30-06-2006, 08:04 AM   Senior Registered Member #731
kingdumbass

You're wrong, Hazzle....
Her American accent was very good.
Old 30-06-2006, 08:46 AM   Officer #732
Renegade
Stock Boy

Saw Munich. It's another Spielberg masterpiece. Ethics, morals, patriotism, blind patriotism, murder plots, and all that good stuff.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 10:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #733
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
I just watched Grosse Pointe Blank and decided it's one of my top 5 favorite movies. It's great stuff. It has everything. Comedy, Blood, Cusack, Fighting, Romance, Quotable lines. All the neccesities in life.

If you haven't seen it. See it. If you've already seen it. See it again.
Heh same here mate. LOVE that movie.

Dumbass, no, I'm not wrong. You're just too in love with Keira to criticise .

She sounded just like...well...Keira. She sounded EXACTLY like she always does, except where she tried to effect little changes and they just made her sound like she'd had a stroke.
Old 30-06-2006, 11:33 AM   Senior Registered Member #734
kingdumbass

Hey, I'M the fucking Ameircan here....
I would know better than you whether or not Keira did a good American accent, and she did. She sounded nothing like Keira Knightley in that role. Anyone seeing the film who did not already know who she was would not have thought twice about it.

Was her accent PERFECT? No, but it was very good....In fact, better than the majority of other Brit attempts at sounding American that I have seen. Jude Law, for example, does a terrible American accent. So does Kritstin Scott Thomas.

The BEST Brit actors at playing American? Kate Winslet and Bob Hoskins.

If I want to know about the quality of a particular American actor's attempt at a British accent, I'll let you be the judge.
Old 30-06-2006, 12:45 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #735
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
That game is the shit Swords.

Ryan: Her accent sounded like an English person trying to do an American accent. You could tell immediately she's English, and at no point did she ever convince as an American. It was so annoyingly transparent that they were better off just making her character English and explaining it away somehow.

The problem is her natural accent is too polished to ever be American.

However not only was it shit, but it was annoying, and distracted from the film. Which was probably not that bad a thing as the film was awful.
Once again, you are wrong...or wong...whatever.
Keira did a very good American accent. She played an alcoholic chain smoker, and having known a whole bunch of these (they were known as Kappa Deltas at Alabama) in college, I can tell you for a fact that she was spot on. Many of these girls I knew lost their sweet, melliferous Southern accents to the ravages of Marlboro Reds and whiskey. Instead, they were left with a smoky, deep pitched man voice. Also, if you watch the last scene, when Jack gets in the car, you'll notice that her voice is a little brighter than in the other parts of the film. Why, because in that scene, her mother is still alive and she isn't a chain smoking alcoholic.
Old 30-06-2006, 01:26 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #736
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Erm. Smokey deep voice? Yes. But still distinctly English. Even at the end.

Her portrayal of an alcoholic chain smoker was great. But she was still fucking crap at the accent. She sounded like her usual self, TRYING to do an American accent. To me she sounded like Keira.

You may know a lot about American accents but I know a lot about English ones, and she sounded just like my High School friend who lived in America when she was a little kid, about 4 or 5, and but mainly grew up here. Her accent is mostly English but with an ever so slight American hint. As far as I'm aware Jackie's never been to England

Way to ruin the end for people who've not seen it yet Brad!
Old 30-06-2006, 01:38 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #737
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Way to ruin the end for people who've not seen it yet Brad!
Yeah...on a Keira Knightley fansite.

I think you are blinded aurally by your Englishocity. She sounded like she had a cold, the poor dear.
Old 30-06-2006, 03:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #738
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I thought it wasn't the best American accent. A good accent should have you saying, "Holy shit, she's not from America?" Christian Bale is very good with accents.
Old 30-06-2006, 03:54 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #739
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
I thought it wasn't the best American accent. A good accent should have you saying, "Holy shit, she's not from America?" Christian Bale is very good with accents.
Pretty good for a first shot...and yeah, Bale is good with accents.
Old 30-06-2006, 10:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #740
Richard
Dated

Silver Streak (1976) I thought this was a pretty cool movie. Richard Pryor's character didn't appear until about an hour into the film, which I didn't suspect was going to happen -- it was interesting. Gene Wilder is great in this also. I happen to like Wilder/Pryor as a comic duo and I should see more of the films they made together whenever I find the chance.

The Court Jester (1956) The second and third half is really the heart of this movie. It's incredibly funny. Good screwball fun. Who else has seen this?

Bull Durham (1988) Not my favorite among Costner's baseball movies, but surely entertaining. Tim Robbins' character is such a douche. Susan Sarandon reminds me of Bette Davis, and everytime she was onscreen I kept thinking of Bette Davis. It was very distracting. Lots of sex in this movie, too.