What movie have you seen today? - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 26-07-2005, 02:01 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #41
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Shaun of the Dead...again. Jeebus that's a funny movie. I love the way it's intercut at the beginning. I really need to get the DVD although watching it on Cinemax is cheaper. I watched a little of Love Actually. I have it on DVD, but I've never watched it. That, my friends, is lazy.
Old 26-07-2005, 03:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #42
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Watched "Lost in Translation" Sunday morning @ 2am. Either I need to see it again, or this movie is basically a vacation video. Performances were nice(Bill Murry is still the man, while Scarlett is still the woman), but I'll definatley need to see it again at an earlier time.
Old 26-07-2005, 08:27 PM   #43
Keyser_so_so

Lost in Translation is awesome, but be warned it's a bit of a marmite movie- you'll either love it or hate it... And yes, not much really happens. I love it, it's a nice chilled out movie.
Old 26-07-2005, 10:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #44
frodo1511
Pin Dick

This is what I remember: A Brachiosaurus on a giant tele screen, cars on highways, Bill Murray drinking scotch(I think it was scotch), Scarlett Johansson in underroos for most of the movie, and laughing a couple times.

I don't normally see movies like LiT, but I'm considering broadening my horizons. It's going to be on again tommorow on Starz(at a MUCH EARLIER time), so I'll re-review it when I can fully remember everything.
Old 27-07-2005, 12:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #45
Richard
Dated

Honeymoon In Vegas (1992) I liked this movie. I guess I don't have too much to say about it, except that Sarah Jessica Parker who looked oh so incredibly sexy. Co-stars Nicolas Cage and James Caan.

Beyond The Poseidon Adventure (1979) Is this a TV movie? I suppose it doesn't matter, it was so desperate in a way that I just couldn't take the film seriously. I can understand the whole salvage idea they had going on but the characters were just dumb, and it was poorly written if you ask me. A lot of wasted talent in this film. Co-stars Michael Caine, Sally Field, Telly Savalas (Kojak), and Peter Boyle... with hair.

The Vanishing (1993) I liked it and evidently most people didn't. I was interested in what this film had to offer, and it kept me on the edge of my seat (or I rather should say bed). I thought Jeff Bridges did a nice job. Co-stars Kiefer Sutherland and Sandra Bullock.

Darkness Falls (2003) What a stupid movie.
Old 27-07-2005, 12:55 AM   #46
a ring in return

I'm guessing you saw Darkness Falls today on FX?
a ring in return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 01:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #47
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by a ring in return
I'm guessing you saw Darkness Falls today on FX?
I did. And the extras didn't help either. What's really funny about that movie is the fact that the creators had the nerve to believe this film was going to be remembered like Jaws and Alien... it's pretty sad.
Old 27-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #48
a ring in return

Yea, it was a pretty bad movie.
a ring in return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 02:57 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #49
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

On Saturday, I saw The Island, and on Friday I saw Wedding Crashers. Loved both.

EDIT: Since I just saw a few of you watched Darkness Falls on FX, I thought I would mention that I watched Slackers on TV over the weekend. OMG, that movie sucks...I don't care if Laura Prepon is in it, it sucked.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 05:58 AM   Senior Registered Member #50
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Saw the Island again this evening. It'll probably be my Dark Horse of the summer(since I don't know many who've seen it yet). Pains me to find out that the CIEN was not the real deal-just a body kit molded around a Ferrari engine

Watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2003) on Starz this afternoon. Not as good as the original, but still had me jump a couple times. Mainly watched it for the Jessica Biel factor.
Old 27-07-2005, 07:26 AM   Senior Registered Member #51
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2003) on Starz this afternoon. Not as good as the original, but still had me jump a couple times. Mainly watched it for the Jessica Biel factor.
I watched that last year with some friends, it turned into the three of us talking about what we would do if put in that situation. I said I would have left them a long time ago, and I wouldn't have picked up the freak off the side of the road in the first place.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 01:03 PM   Senior Registered Member #52
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
I watched that last year with some friends, it turned into the three of us talking about what we would do if put in that situation. I said I would have left them a long time ago, and I wouldn't have picked up the freak off the side of the road in the first place.

I probably wouldn't even have gone to Texas in the first place.

BTW, what concert were they going to? I can't remember if they said it or not.
Old 27-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #53
Charlie

I just saw The Princess of Thieves last night and didn't notice until now that the scene in the POTC where she was cutting her hair at the beginning of the movie was taken from it.
Old 27-07-2005, 07:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #54
Richard
Dated

Shadow Of The Thin Man (1941) This is my least favorite entry in 'The Thin Man' series, after this sequel I've now seen them all and I can safely say that the entire 'Thin Man' series are an extraordinary achievement in the murder mystery genre... at that time, at this time, of any time, of all time. Co-stars William Powell, Myrna Loy, and Donna Reed.
Old 28-07-2005, 12:07 AM   #55
seventhson

mmm Chocolate

I thought I would take my 10yr old daughter out to the shopping mall in the big city for a day of fun with dad. First we ate at the Rainforest Cafe and all was groovey. Then we found "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" with Johny Depp. I saw the original Willie Wanka when I was a kid & new Depp from Scisors Hands, etc. I enjoyed the flick. Great for kids and even old farts like me. Before the feature started, I was well pleased to see Keira in her new trailer for "Pride and Prejudice"...COMING TO THEATERS SOON.
Wow, Keira is so gorgeous in the clips I saw!
Anyway, my daughter & I had a great time watching Charlie & the Cchocolate Factory after .

Candy will rot your teeth out kid, but this movie is sweet.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)
seventhson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 12:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #56
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I watched Magnolia this morning. Well, morning into afternoon since it's such a damn long film. But it's really great, I liked it a lot. The ending was...weird...but it makes sense if you really think about it religiously.
Old 28-07-2005, 12:30 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #57
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I don't know Jake

Tom Cruise saying " Worship the Cock"

Doesn't quite cut it for me.
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 02:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #58
Richard
Dated

The Little Minister (1934) I absolutely hated this movie. I just couldn't figure out what this film was about, plus the sound was really bad on the VHS tape I was watching it on and everything the characters said was muffled. I finished it alright, but it was achingly long even though it's runtime was only 110 minutes. Horrible experience on my part. Although Katharine Hepburn looked good-- even as a gypsy, that wasn't reason enough for me to like this movie. Maybe I'll watch this film again, but definitely not in the near future.

A Woman Rebels (1936) Thank God for this film. This was on directly afterwards (but on a different VHS tape) and everything was good. I liked the movie, but unfortunetly nothing special. The story is pretty mediocre, and Katharine Hepburn did great as far as I could tell. It wasn't too bad, though a little weak at some points.

You see, with me, when something's weak in a movie my mind starts to wander. For instance, I remember watching 'The Little Minister' and at some point I was thinking about 'Singin' In The Rain' and how awesome Gene Kelly is. :icon_err:
Old 28-07-2005, 02:48 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #59
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Good Will Hunting
How I've managed to not see this is beyond me. Since I'm sure I'm the only one who hadn't seen it, I'll save the review and just say that I liked it.
Old 28-07-2005, 05:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #60
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Ok, I saw "Lost in Translation" at a much earlier time, and I have to say, I loved it. I originally dismissed this movie because, in 2003, I was on my Return of the King high-horse, and thought everything else sucked majorly. Now, after seeing this with an open mind, I thought it was a great piece of film. I laughed, I almost cried, and I thought the Tokyo skyline backdrops from the hotel were amazing. I'll have to buy it on DVD later, but this turned out to be a better movie then I expected it to be.

9.4/10