What movie have you seen today? - Page 23 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:59 AM   #441
Tabrasa
Do Main Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Exit to Eden.

Rosie O'Donnell in bondage=bad.

Paul Mercurio half naked the whole time=good. Very good.
The book is WAY WAY WAY better than the movie. I believe it was written under the pseudonym of Anne Rampling (Anne Rice).

Tab
-The unformed, featureless mind in the philosophy of John Locke.
-A need or an opportunity to start from the beginning.
Tabrasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #442
dave

"Ultraviolet" and a little bit of "Aeon Flux"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabrasa
There was a trailer for a movie called Ultraviolet that made me drool a bit, but I've always been a big Milla fan.
Tab
I went into Albuquerque to see "Ultraviolet" last night. Milla was gorgeous, and though she is afraid of motorcycles, in the movie she appears to be expert enough to drive hers on "The Wall of Death". (Back when I worked on "Blake & Sons Carnival" they had one of those huge drums that people drove motorcycles and go-carts inside. Up on the wall, close to where you were standing looking down inside the drum.)

It's a vampire movie. (If I ever read one of the "Ultraviolet" comics it was so long ago that I don't remember it.) The fight scenes are fantastic; much better than "The Matrix" and "Hero" or "House of Flying Daggers".

Remembering that this is a comic book adaptation, it lacked depth. If it was from more than one comic book, it probably wasn't more than a three issue series. There was a fight with a Japanese gang which seemed inserted for no particular reason, as though it was something from a different issue put there because they were in the same building...

It had better fight scenes than "Aeon Flux," but "Aeon Flux" had a better story. ("Aeon Flux" was caged from an old "Fantasy & Science Fiction" short story from the '50s or '60s. Doesn't anybody know the meaning of plaigerism anymore?)

"Ultraviolet" was original enough that you didn't know the plot in advance. You could figure out some of the upcoming gags, but you didn't know where the story was going until you got there. Originality counts for alot in these days of sequels to remakes of really poorly made old movies.

I will buy this DVD as soon as it comes out. I only wish the movie had more scope. With more scope it would be favorably compared with "The Fifth Element". I laughed out loud at some of the jokes. The movie is both emotional and funny (assuming that you can relate to a vampire or a vampire hunter.)

**Spoiler alert_________

For instance. On originality, this is the first vampire movie I've ever seen where a vampire was the hero and another vampire was the villain.

The interesting thing is that they left "hooks" in for more than one sequel. The movie was sort of incompleted. There was obviously room for more, and I hope there is more to come. Milla definitely fleshed out "Violet" and every man watching this movie thought about "Violet" later that evening, when they were alone. She is quite unforgettable...

It was a good movie, perhaps a little lean, but hopefully that's just so it will be easier to add more with the next film. "Violet" deserves further study. (I do worry that there are not very many California directors who have enough creativity to make two movies as "original" as this one.)

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:30 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #443
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabrasa
The book is WAY WAY WAY better than the movie. I believe it was written under the pseudonym of Anne Rampling (Anne Rice).

Tab
Better as in more bondage?
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #444
marine

Nanny MacPhee, not so long ago, I loved it.

I re-watched Pride and Prejudice this weekend (the BBC version) for the 100 times at least, it's the best version no contest, I realised that I know most of lines now.
marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:11 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #445
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I saw "16 Blocks" last night. I really wasn't all that interested in seeing it, but I saw it anyway and ended up liking it a lot.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #446
Liam
Bogan Elite

Saw Syriana on Saturday. Brilliant film.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #447
JCena
Newcomer

Not sure if any of you guys heard of this movie but FInal Fantasy 7 Advent CHildren

"You can't see me!"-John Cena
JCena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:10 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #448
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Comedian. This is the film about Jerry Seinfeld getting back into stand-up comedy.
Fascinating.
I'm starting out in comedy through a workshop and some open-mics, and I can tell you, it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I have to admit that I got a little satisfaction watching Jerry Seinfeld completely lose his train of thought in one of his first stage appearances with his new material. I'm not sure if this woman really didn't know who he was or if she was just being a cheeky Brit, but after a couple of moments of looking at his notes and mentally retracing his steps, she calls out "Is this your first time on stage?" and saves his ass by getting the audience laughing again.
It's really interesting (for me, at least) to watch him develop bits and listen to his interaction with other comedians. He talks to Colin Quinn a lot in a little restaurant over the Comedy Cellar in New York, and they bounce ideas off of each other. At one point, Chris Rock is telling him about a show he had seen Bill Cosby do that lasted for over two hours...straight. Both of them, seasoned comics who rank among the all time greats, are amazed at that kind of ability. Kind of a telling scene, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jerry try to do something like that in the future.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:21 AM   #449
aznkkfan

The Italian Job
aznkkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:49 AM   Senior Registered Member #450
Ashley

Walk The Line I ended up buying before even watching it once and it was worth it. I'm a big Johnny Cash fan anyway, but this movie was incredible. I can't say enough about it, luckily for you guys, I won't type anything more because I could seriously go on and on.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:20 AM   #451
Keirafan
Newcomer

Well I have seen
Domino
The Hole
Tim burtons Corpse Bride
21 jump street
Keirafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #452
Jessie T

'west side story' & 'sin city'.
Jessie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #453
Richard
Dated

This week I watched Fatel Attraction with Michael Douglas and Glenn Close, Funny Girl with Barbara Streisand, and The Sting with Paul Newman and Robert Redford. <---- my new favorite movie.

Christmas With The Kranks (2004) I didn't think it was as bad as the critics said it was. It wasn't really that funny either but it makes a nice rental.
The Elephant Man (1980) Very moving. I thought it was great.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #454
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
The Elephant Man (1980) Very moving. I thought it was great.
Double-U Tee Eff. I just watched that movie on Friday.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #455
fandekeira

I watched winbledon!
fandekeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:00 PM   Officer #456
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Richard, I've heard loads about that movie. I will definitely try and find it.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:17 PM   Senior Registered Member #457
michael22
eternally screwed

watched night of the demons 2
reminds us all never to F&*! with a nun other then that only watch for comedic value and do not take it seriously

Blair witch Project Hate with all my concious thought

Blair witch project 2 hate slightly less

Office space strikingly original movie with great humor
10/10

Undead a great zombie film that has a nice plot twist
6/10

King Arthur (directors cut) beter than the regular by far
with better performances than some other arthur films (some mentioned later) 6/10

First knight; good acting except and this is a big exception Richard gere. He will never be a convincing Lancelot andhis sword play makes me sick 4/10

though King arthur gave me a great idea for hunting mice in my house. place a bugle with penut butter inside ( irresistable to mice and any human that has tried them) in a open space and wait for the mouse. when it comes out to eat and nibble wait . then shoot it with a 60 lbdraw recurve bow. if the arrow wound was not fatal ( in my case through its gut. leap through the air to cover the eight feet from the couch to the fireplace. Then stab its head with a sgian dubh.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #458
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I watched A History of Violence today. Wow, what a piece of shit.

If you unfortunately find yourself watching this movie, take special note of the dialoge. It's ridiculous. I can't believe how poorly written it was.

BUT, speaking in terms of pros and cons:

pros: heavy on sex scenes, and we do see boobies and paginey

cons: fucking-shit-waste-of-time movie, over 30 years old booby/pagina combo
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #459
marine

Sense and Sensibility: Emma Thompson is a goddess
Mansfield Park
Little Women
My wife is an actress, one of my favorite french movie.
marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #460
X4LIFE
Newcomer

Pride and Prejudice 7.5/10

Not as great as it was made out to be, but still very good. It started out very slow, but around the 40minute mark it started to pick up. Many ups and downs for all the characters, which kept me into it. And Kiera was great as usual.