What movie have you seen today? - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 22-07-2005, 12:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #21
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman
If you enjoy Zombie films (like me) Then you should
like Land of the Dead. Lots of gore. Silly plot.
Fun to watch.
I hope it's just as good as Night, Dawn, and Day.

Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961) Amazing, simply amazing. Not only is this one of Audrey Hepburn's best films (the worst being Green Mansions, which was directed by her hubby at the time Mel Ferrer) but it is also, now, one of my favorite romantic comedies. For those who have seen this... c'mon, you gotta admit the ending was great. George Peppard's character Paul and with Audrey Hepburn as Holly, with The Cat in the middle. Who knew I'd care so much for a chick flick. Co-stars Mickey Rooney, as a japanese painter.

Charade (1963) Another great movie. Good day I'm having I'd say. Very Hitchcockian, with many suspenseful and comic moments. Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn are a dynamic duo on the silver screen, and it's a shame they didn't do another picture together. Nice twist in the end as well. Co-stars James Coburn, Walter Matthau, and George Kennedy.

Woman Of The Year (1942) The first of the many Tracy-Hepburn films they would end up making together. What's so great about this movie is that you can just tell they had a fling going on (which they obviously did). Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn are just two of the greatest actors of our time, so their performances in the film go without saying. It's a nice little movie, check it out if anyone is interested.
Old 22-07-2005, 01:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #22
Spire
InSpire Me

Land of the Dead was a disappointment.
Old 22-07-2005, 01:50 AM   Senior Registered Member #23
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn are just two of the greatest actors of our time...
Yep, seeing as you were born about 45 years after this movie was made.

I saw Fargo. You know the acting is amazing when you forget you're watching a movie. Macy and Buscemi are probably the best actors out there, and they don't get much credit for it.
Old 22-07-2005, 05:08 AM   Officer #24
Renegade
Stock Boy

Fargo was awesome. My favorite scene is when the hitman (not Buscemi, but the main one) kills the policeman, realizes a car passing by witnessing the murder, and then chasing that car and killing the people inside it. I think that's how the scene went.

I just saw Assault on Precinct 13. It was okay.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 12:53 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #25
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I have a friend from Fargo. She says they don't really talk like that, but she's wrong. They do. She doesn't say "you betcha" after everything, but she has that same accent.
Speaking of accents, I watched Troy last night. I wasn't particularly impressed, especially with the one character who had a Scottish accent. I can get my head around everyone having a crisp, British accent so long as no one is called a 'bloke', but when I close my eyes and see Mike Myers doing his "if is nah Scottish is craap" routine...that's a bad thing.
Old 22-07-2005, 07:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #26
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
I just saw Assault on Precinct 13. It was okay.
The original? Probably not. I still haven't brought myself up to see it yet.

The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) Decent. I've never seen Rene Russo look so sexy like she was in this film. I still prefer the original though. And I still prefer Noel Harrison's version of 'Windmills of Your Mind' rather than Sting's.

Dial M For Murder (1954) I love Hitchcock, I really do. How he manages to keep the setting of this film as limited as possible and the characters confined in such a small area, which in this case, is an apartment is just amazing. The characters are well-developed too, especially the character of Tony who is so charming he can almost get away with anything---like sealing a business deal, and I love how he's always ahead of the game. The is one of my favorite's done by Hitchcock. Co-stars Grace Kelly, Robert Cummings, and John Williams.

The Sixth Sense (1999) It's good, but surely nothing special. Considering this was M. Night Shyamalan's breakout film, he did a great job. I was amused.
Old 23-07-2005, 06:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #27
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) Decent. I've never seen Rene Russo look so sexy like she was in this film. I still prefer the original though. And I still prefer Noel Harrison's version of 'Windmills of Your Mind' rather than Sting's.
I thought she looked old in this...
Anyway...

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle ...uhhh.... hehehe....uhhh....
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #28
Keyser_so_so

Yesterday I got home tired and bored and couldn't be arsed to go to the cinema to see the shit-fest of Fantastic Four. So I rented Constantine instead, and had a very enjoyable time.

It's a film that will annoy very strong Christians/Catholics/etc., but I heartily recommend it. The whole type-of-legend and atmosphere is spot on to fit right in place with the actual Bible's stuff, and it does nicely to avoid just being John Constantine walking around 'kicking demon ass! And shit! WOOOOOH!'. Oh, and only the really squemish among us will find it horrifying.
Old 23-07-2005, 01:41 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #29
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I just watched a movie called "Let it Ride" on HBO.
I never heard of this movie and wasn't expecting much.
The movie is about horse racing and a couple of losers.
This movie was great. Alot of laughs all the way thru.
It stars Richard Dreyfuss, David Johansen and Terri Garr
none of which are favorites of mine, but all put in fine performances.
The movie has been over for half an hour and I find myself
still laughing at it.
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 09:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #30
marine

Birth (Nicole Kidman)
marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 05:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #31
Richard
Dated

Platoon (1986) If this isn't at least a good war film, than I don't know what is. Like Spire said, a very good Vietnam movie. The death of Sgt. Elias Grodin is one of most moving scenes I've ever seen in a war film.

Panic In The Streets (1950) Another great movie by director Elia Kazan (A Streetcar Named Desire, On The Waterfront, East of Edan, etc...). It's about a fatel plague which is found on a man who hopped a free ship ride into the country. He is murdered towards the beginning of the movie as a result of a bad poker match, but no one knew about the contagious virus he was carrying. Now it's up to a small town doctor to help cure everyone who made direct contact with the victim(s). It's a nice little epidemic film. **Highly Recommended**

Crime School (1938) My second 'Dead End' kids movie I've seen (the other being Dead End, the exact film where they originated from). Like Dead End I enjoyed this movie very much. It's about a group of boys sent away to a school as the result from keeping quiet after just one of them hits and knocks out a man unconscious, almost killing him. It co-stars Humphrey Bogart, who gives another good performance (he also starred in Dead End, but as a different character, in fact, a villian). In my opinion, the Dead End kids are pretty entertaining actors, especially my man Leo Gorcey. It's a shame they're all dead.

Virginia City (1940) A noticed a similarity in this film that matched exactly to a scene in Raiders Of The Lost Ark, I think it's that film, where Indiana Jones sort of skids under a wagon. Perhaps that's where Spielberg and Lucas got that idea from? I'm sure it's been done a few times before elsewhere, I just haven't seen it yet. Oh, and another from Van Helsing but I don't wanna get into that. This movie also stars Humphrey Bogart, in a role I just don't get. This could be the worst Bogart film I've seen. Co-stars Errol Flynn.

Last edited by Richard; 24-07-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005, 07:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #32
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Bought Independence Day on DVD yesterday.

Quite possibility the biggest summer movie of all time, even though it's very chessy by todays standards. I guess back in 1996, the Apple notebook was considered uber-powerful, and able to corrupt anything.
Old 24-07-2005, 08:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #33
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Bought Independence Day on DVD yesterday.

Quite possibility the biggest summer movie of all time, even though it's very chessy by todays standards. I guess back in 1996, the Apple notebook was considered uber-powerful, and able to corrupt anything.
Jurassic Park was a much bigger, much better summer movie.
Old 24-07-2005, 11:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
Jurassic Park was a much bigger, much better summer movie.
And Jaws. But in terms of box-office results, Jurassic Park was bigger.

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948) This is a pretty funny movie. Nice performances done by Cary Grant and Myrna Loy.

Last edited by Richard; 25-07-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2005, 02:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #35
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Saw "The Island" last night.

Good for a summer movie, that's about it.
Old 26-07-2005, 03:25 AM   Senior Registered Member #36
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:

Yeah, don't watch this movie in the Winter.

Wedding Crashers was pretty funny. And I can't believe we saw that red-head's breastesises. I loved the cameo from a certain special comedian at the end, too. "Mooooom, can we get some meatloaf!?" Haha. I'd watch it again, but I wouldn't pay for it again.
Old 26-07-2005, 03:42 AM   Officer #37
Mags
Officer

Quote:

Um...I most definitely had nightmares about that movie last night. Not really the same thing as the movie, but futuristic people chasing me all night in my dreams.

Then again, I also most definitely had food poisoning from some dodgy BBQ too...so who knows.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2005, 04:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #38
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Um...I most definitely had nightmares about that movie last night. Not really the same thing as the movie, but futuristic people chasing me all night in my dreams.

Then again, I also most definitely had food poisoning from some dodgy BBQ too...so who knows.

come to think of it, I had a drean about many people in white taking over my city. That, and I drove the CIEN around town, hitting them, but suprisingly, missing Scarlett everytime. Dunno how that happend...

Jake-Wedding Crashers is one of the funniest movies I've seen in recent memory. Isla Fisher is uber-hot, and the "cameo" was great.
Old 26-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #39
a ring in return

Watched Pulp Fiction this morning, which was then followed by every other Tarantino movie I own, ie. all of them. On another note, I mangled the Matrix Reloaded case, and the dvd in an act of frustration, its now sitting in my closet in pieces. Oh well, horrible movie anyways.
a ring in return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2005, 02:01 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #40
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Shaun of the Dead...again. Jeebus that's a funny movie. I love the way it's intercut at the beginning. I really need to get the DVD although watching it on Cinemax is cheaper. I watched a little of Love Actually. I have it on DVD, but I've never watched it. That, my friends, is lazy.