What movie have you seen today? - Page 15 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 27-11-2005, 06:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #281
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asudai
That's Crash too. I would suggest not seeing it if you don't like those type of movies, although it is still really good, just extremely depressing.
I wouldn't necessarily say I have a problem with "struggling through life" movies. It's just... to be frank... Rent looks like crap. I've heard some of the music and I'm not very impressed, and the dancing is lame. Of course, it isn't always a good thing to compare the modern musicals of today with the likes of Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire. But yeah... I guess I expect too much from musicals.

I liked Crash, by the way.
Old 30-11-2005, 03:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #282
Rob The BLack Douglas

Kingdom of Heaven ,not as bad as most critics said ,a bit to much romance for me, the final battle was superb though.

Orlando doesn't look all that girly with a bit of muscle packed onto his frame but that isn't enough to help his acting. He is not leading man material.
To deny love is to deny life.
Love is as necessary as oxygen.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/robslibrary/
http://www.myspace.com/kilted_robespierre
Rob The BLack Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2005, 03:57 AM   Senior Registered Member #283
Pygmalion
Pissed

I didn't like Kingdom of Heaven much, but the music was good.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2005, 05:52 AM   Officer #284
DragonRat
Officer

Over the weekend, I went over to Santa Cruz to visit my friend. We ended up chilling at his frat bro's place, smoking out, and watching Goodfellas. Damn, that is a great movie. Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro, and Joe Pesci all in Oscar-caliber roles, and Scorcese at his directing best - the scene where Ray Liotta's character narrates through the restaurant with all the mafiosos and their epithets... probably one of the most mocked (and thereby classic) cinematic in all of film.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #285
devine kk

I took the kids to see Nanny McFee (i think its spelt like that). Talk about a mary popins rip off, short of flying off with umbrella in hand and the addition of a few warts it was Mary Popins.

To be fair though Emma Thompson played a blinder.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #286
Richard
Dated

Over the past three weeks I've seen...

Double Indemnity with Barbara Stanwyck, The Shop Around The Corner with Jimmy Stewart, Broadway Melody Of 1940 with Fred Astaire and Eleanor Powell, Stamboul Quest with Myrna Loy, Saboteur with Priscilla Lane, The Coconuts starring the Marx Brothers, Father Goose with Cary Grant, Brigadoon with Gene Kelly, Hello, Dolly! with Barbara Streisand, Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, Cape Fear (1962) with Gregory Peck, Clash By Night with Barbara Stanwyck, Captains Courageous with Spencer Tracy, The Major And The Minor with Ginger Rogers, The Facts Of Life with Bob Hope, Oceans Eleven (1960) with Frank Sinatra, The Postman Always Rings Twice with Lana Turner, That's Entertainment! 1 and 2 hosted by Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly and others.

Hedwig And The Angry Inch (2001) I liked it. It has good music as well, and it's a very good movie.
Land Of The Dead (2005) Although nowhere near as great as DOTD, I enjoyed it.
House Of Wax (2005) Should I be skinned for saying that I actually liked this movie? Well I did. The acting was poor, but it was done in a very enjoyable way.
Shane (1953) I really liked this movie. I kept rooting for this Shane to kick some butt.
War Of The Worlds (2005) Spielberg did alright. He has made better, though.
The Gold Rush (1925) I don't like this movie. It got better in the second half, but I still found most of it to be incredibly unfunny.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #287
Lizzie Bennet

Well I saw Pride and Prejudice again. I saw Yours, Mine, and Ours and I am going to see the Chronicles of Narnia tonight.
Lizzie Bennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #288
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Yep, I'm seeing Narnia tonight also....can't wait! I'm so not the person for fantasy films, but I'm really excited for this one.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #289
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Recentely I watched The Island which was mediocre. I watched Four Brothers which I thought was pretty good but wasn't great. And tonight I watched the unrated version of 40-Year-Old Virgin which was very funny. Tomorrow I watch Exorcism of Emily Rose.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 AM   Senior Registered Member #290
Ashley

I watched a Latin American film entitled Central Station I highly recommend it. It was very touching, and just a very good all around film.

I'm going to miss my film course.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #291
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Recentely I watched The Island which was mediocre. I watched Four Brothers which I thought was pretty good but wasn't great. And tonight I watched the unrated version of 40-Year-Old Virgin which was very funny. Tomorrow I watch Exorcism of Emily Rose.
I've only seen bits and pieces of 40-Year-Old Virgin. One in particular was when this woman wearing a pink blouse or shirt of whatever was being interviewed and her nipple pops out. I just died right there. I died so much that I'll be watching this movie in its entirety next week.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:03 PM   #292
devine kk

saw harry potter 4 last night. its a good film, glad i did not take the children though
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #293
Pygmalion
Pissed

I watched Sin City and fell in love! Its the most awesome movie I'v seen all year-I mean what ISN'T there to love about a whole TOWN of scantily dressed prositutes with weaopons!? *Swoons*
Old 11-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #294
JCena
Newcomer

I recently saw two movvies. Mr. and Mrs. Smith which wasnt so bad. And Dukes Of Hazard which was two hours of pure torture.

"You can't see me!"-John Cena
JCena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 AM   Senior Registered Member #295
Pygmalion
Pissed

Mr and Mrs Smith was awesome...purely because once again, it wa sAngie and weapons in a bondage leather ensemble...
Old 16-12-2005, 10:42 AM   #296
JCena
Newcomer

Sin City Extended edition.

"You can't see me!"-John Cena
JCena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 01:44 AM   Officer #297
DragonRat
Officer

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - I had a feeling that Sam Rockwell would be a really good actor, and he is. Clooney's got a great eye for film.

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire - It really didn't feel like 150 minutes of my life gone away. It followed more or less true to the novel (or as possible in 150 minutes), and it was an entertaining movie.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 03:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #298
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I watched American History X for the first time last night. Wow. What a stupid, impossible premise for a movie. Edward Norton can not act at all. Like people could actually hate one another because of their skin color. That's fucking ridiculous.

Obviously I'm kidding. Norton was freakin amazing, and the movie was truely extraordinary. The only thing is I hate that actress that played Norton's girlfriend. You know, the girl from The Craft. She...is scary as hell.
Old 17-12-2005, 03:42 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #299
Foeni

Watched King Kong yesterday. Peter Jackson has done it again. It has some really funny parts, especially King Kong playing with Ann Darrow as a doll. Actors were doing fine, I was really impressed Jack Black could play the role he does.
Also, the graphics are splendid.
Old 17-12-2005, 06:22 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #300
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

I'm being dragged to that cocking penguin film later. Women.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote