What movie have you seen today? - Page 13 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 31-10-2005, 06:24 PM   Senior Registered Member #241
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
Crash it was alright. I enjoyed the ending half more than the beginning half.
I saw Crash a couple days ago. I loved it. I liked how it was put together.
Old 31-10-2005, 06:53 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #242
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
Crash it was alright. I enjoyed the ending half more than the beginning half.
Vice-versa. The end was too long, I felt like strangling myself, but the beginning was clever and witty.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #243
Richard
Dated

Over the past two weeks I've seen...

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid with Steve Martin, Fritz Lang's M with Peter Lorre, Killer McCoy with Mickey Rooney, Midnight Lace with Doris Day, It Came From Beneath The Sea with Robert Gordon, The Exorcist III with George C. Scott, and a whole string of Alfred Hitchcock's movies starting with Juno And The Paycock, The Skin Game, Sabotage, Topaz, and Young And Innocent.

And through Netflix I watched...

Paris When It Sizzles with William Holden and Audrey Hepburn, All Quiet On The Western Front with Lew Ayres, and Robin And Marian with Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn.

I've seen too many to comment on them individually, but I will say that Alfred Hitchcock's Juno And The Paycock and The Skin Game are quite possibly the worst films I've ever seen by him. Topaz was interesting but I didn't really care too much for it. Sabotage and Young And Innocent were decent. I like the latter better.

I thought Audrey Hepburn was pretty good in Paris When It Sizzles alongside William Holden, but her next movie co-starring Sean Connery in Robin And Marian didn't really fulfill my expectations. I like Connery, but the movie stunk. It was boring.

I thought All Quiet On The Western Front was good, and taking into account when the film was made, I also thought it must've been a pretty big deal. The impact was probably similar to that of Birth of a Nation. I don't want to be crucified for saying this film is a little outdated. I thought it was.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #244
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Since my last post I've watched:

Lost Season One - Which was *awesome*.
Land of the Dead - Pretty good. I like skyflowers.
The Omen - Watched it on Halloween with my friends. Really good movie, but it wasn't the exact horror movie we were looking for, since it lacked the cheesey pop-out scares. There was a bunch of tension, and it was a good flick.

I want Lost Season Two. I work at Blockbuster, I should receive that kind of royalty.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:53 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #245
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Why the hell is Match Point out in other countries already? I don't know whether I want to see it but not understand all of it, or just wait to see it in English for the first time. I'm extremely pissed about this.

Jacoby, when I get home in November, Lost season one is definitely something I'm gonna be picking up. I'm obsessed with season two, and need to fill in all the blanks. Do you know, is Desperate Housewives out on DVD yet? Love that one too.

I watched The Perfect Score the night before I left for Spain. I needed to watch something (I'm desperate for a good movie, but am "stuck" with the small DVD collection I brought with me.) This thread is helping me a lot, because I've been making a list for my super huge trip to Best Buy for part two of my European Adventure. So far, I've got to remember to buy Lost Season One, Noises Off (the best movie ever made, hands down), Mean Girls, and Lightning Bug.

Oh, I watched Robin Hood Prince of Theives this week while I was in Spain. But it was in Spanish...does that still count?

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:51 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #246
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
Oh, I watched Robin Hood Prince of Theives this week while I was in Spain. But it was in Spanish...does that still count?
That was the one with Costner in it, right? So the Spanish masked his horrible accent?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #247
Ashley

I watched The Battle of Shaker Heights it's the movie that was made during the 2nd season of Project Greenlight. I enjoyed it. I thought it was funny and dramatic and just a good movie. Not the best ever, but good. And Shia LaBoufe.... or however you spell his name is adorable.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #248
SHIZON

I just watched Saw and man was that movie f****** up. I can't wait to see JArhead on friday afternoon. I am really looking forward to it. Hmmmm....maybe it is time to go watch a Keira film.....which one should I watch toaday???? :icon_err:
Old 02-11-2005, 08:26 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #249
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
The Bourne Identity, saw it for the 4 time or something. Awsome entertainment movie.
People bitch about the camera work in the Bourne films, but I like it.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:22 AM   Senior Registered Member #250
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Episode III 4 times in the past two days. I refuse to watch this movie on a screen less then 30'' and no surround sound.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:24 AM   Senior Registered Member #251
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:

Jacoby, when I get home in November, Lost season one is definitely something I'm gonna be picking up. I'm obsessed with season two, and need to fill in all the blanks. Do you know, is Desperate Housewives out on DVD yet? Love that one too.
Yep. The Desperate Housewives DVD came out early October, I think. I know it's out, though.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #252
Richard
Dated

I'll be looking forward to Lost Season One this weekend. I purchased it earlier this week. I'll expect the awesomeness.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:24 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #253
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

You do all realise that DVDs of TV series aren't movies, right?

Just checking...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:07 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #254
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Yes, I'll have to add DH to my shopping list.

Ashley, one of the best days of my entire life was driving over an hour to the nearest Best Buy with my sister to buy the PGL second season on DVD. When we finally got home hours later after hitting countless Best Buys and finally finding one that had one, we watched the whole season practically nonstop. I still haven't seen the movie, but I have it and really should get around to it. Did you watch the season? Best one I think. And I agree, Shia LaBeouf is a special talent...charm and can act. He's hilarious on the actual show.

Check out my blog:
Old 04-11-2005, 03:13 AM   Senior Registered Member #255
Ashley

Quote:
And I agree, Shia LaBeouf is a special talent...charm and can act. He's hilarious on the actual show.

I love him... which is wrong... in many ways.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:43 AM   #256
CollisionStar

Location: Hometown is Houston, going to school in San Antonio
Saw "Corpse Bride" (okay, it was awhile ago...). I was heartbroken. Tim Burton dissapointed me twice in one year. "Corpse Bride" was alright, but it certainly was NO "Nightmare Before Christmas". Le sigh.

In more recent times, I saw a documentary called "Blue Eyes, Brown Eyes" in which 3rd graders are taught prejuidice in a small all-white town by the colour of their eyes. It was interesting.
CollisionStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:05 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #257
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I love him too Ashley Lol.

Today I watched a painfully boring film from 1949 called "Le Process" (or something)..."The Trial" in English. It's based on a book or the life of Kafka. I really don't know because I have no idea about what's going on in my literature class, which is where I watched the film. It was just...omg...somebody shoot me. And I usually like older movies.

Check out my blog:
Old 04-11-2005, 03:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #258
Ashley

This past Monday I watched Run, which translated means Chaos. It's a Japanese samuri epic. Or as my friend told me: "Translation: boring."
That was a big correct-o for the first hour and a half of the move that was like near 3 hours long. Jeebus, it was a bit boring but the ending was alright, and it did have some funny parts... I'm not really sure if it was meant to be funny, but we thought it was. Anyway, yeah, I saw the movie Run.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #259
SHIZON

I just saw Jarhead!!! It was pretty good but I expected alot more of it. I thought that they were going to show war in the movie, but I was mistaken. Still, It was a pretty awesome movie. Hope you all get to ebjoy it!!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 05:25 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #260
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I read that Jake Gyllenhaal beat someone up on the set of Jarhead. Definitely would not have pegged him as having an angry streak. I haven't seen the trailers for this movie, though I'm sure I'll see it. I'll be home and back at the movie theaters in 12 days.

I caught Big Fish on TV today. This is the second time I've seen it now, and I gotta say, liked it much more this time. I still cried at the end though.

Check out my blog: