What movie have you seen today? - Page 10 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:09 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #181
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

The Greatest Game Ever Played...took my daughter to see this on Friday. Actually, it was one of the better golf flicks I have seen. The story of Francis Ouimet lends itself to the screen anyway, so nothing was too unbelievable. It really was a Cinderella story of the highest magnitude. I was most pleased with the golf action. They did a very good job of keeping it realistic and authentic looking. It was a damn sight better than that Bobby Jones movie with Jesus in it.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #182
frodo1511
Pin Dick

^Been meaning to see that for a while. Glad that it was decent.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:26 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #183
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Anyone seen "Proof?" My sister saw it and said it was good.

Tonight I watched "Iznot Good" or something. It's some French film that takes place in Arabia. It was kind of dumb.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #184
Richard
Dated

Proof sorta reminds me of 'A Beautiful Mind', so if it's anything like that it should be pretty good. I haven't seen it, though.

Can't Buy Me Love (1987) You wanna talk about bad, watch this. It's so pathetically lame at what its trying to do that it comes off as hilariously stupid. I couldn't take the film seriously and I think it's the worst 80's teen flick I've ever seen. But inspite of it all, and I caught it on TV, 2 hours went by really quick. The lead actress looks a lot like Kristen Bell, too.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:06 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #185
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
Proof sorta reminds me of 'A Beautiful Mind', so if it's anything like that it should be pretty good. I haven't seen it, though.

Can't Buy Me Love (1987) You wanna talk about bad, watch this. It's so pathetically lame at what its trying to do that it comes off as hilariously stupid. I couldn't take the film seriously and I think it's the worst 80's teen flick I've ever seen. But inspite of it all, and I caught it on TV, 2 hours went by really quick. The lead actress looks a lot like Kristen Bell, too.
It's...it's coming back to me...Patrick Dempsey...ridiculous premise...unattainable beauty ruins mom's incredibly expensive (and '80s cheesy fabulous) dress.
My head hurts now.
Before you bestow the "Worst Teen Flick Ever" award on this one, be sure to check out Loverboy. Same character...even more ridiculous premise.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #186
Ashley

Run Lola Run Amazing movie. The integrated animation was awesome, so was just the camera work and the soundtrack which fit perfectly to keep the rhythm of the movie going.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:02 PM   Senior Registered Member #187
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I watched The Dreamers today, which was really good, I thought. I liked the girl. It was really interesting, though.

I also saw Fever Pitch which I really liked. Found it funny and worth watching. Does that make me a gay?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #188
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
I watched The Dreamers today, which was really good, I thought. I liked the girl. It was really interesting, though.
Good film

Quote:
I also saw Fever Pitch which I really liked. Found it funny and worth watching. Does that make me a gay?
All depends which one you mean. If it's the American one and the cunting Red Sox, then yes, yes it does, but if it's the English one, and the mighty Arsenal, then no, no it doesn't.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 03:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #189
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
All depends which one you mean. If it's the American one and the cunting Red Sox, then yes, yes it does, but if it's the English one, and the mighty Arsenal, then no, no it doesn't.
The American one. You know, since I'm from America and all.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #190
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
It's...it's coming back to me...Patrick Dempsey...ridiculous premise...unattainable beauty ruins mom's incredibly expensive (and '80s cheesy fabulous) dress.
My head hurts now.
Before you bestow the "Worst Teen Flick Ever" award on this one, be sure to check out Loverboy. Same character...even more ridiculous premise.
You were a teenager when that movie came out, right? That only means you paid money to see it.

Patrick Dempsey was so wrong for that role. And I'll take it upon myself to avoid 'Loverboy' in the future.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:07 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #191
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
The American one. You know, since I'm from America and all.
That was is trez gay. The idea of even fucking remaking Fever Pitch smells of fucking corporatism gone mad...

*sits down to read the original Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby*

Fucking classic and the movie was great. Any bastardisation of it to suggest that love of baseball could ever rival the true love of football is fucking ridiculous...yanks always get amazed by how much I love Arsenal...
Old 12-10-2005, 08:52 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #192
Foeni

I just finished seeing The Chamber. Incredible movie. Sad, but really good. Great performance by Gene Hackman. Recommendable.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:57 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #193
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
You were a teenager when that movie came out, right? That only means you paid money to see it.

Patrick Dempsey was so wrong for that role. And I'll take it upon myself to avoid 'Loverboy' in the future.
You think he was wrong for that role? He plays a teenaged gigilo in Loverboy. Oh, and Vic Tayback (Mel from Mel's Diner) plays one of the husbands whose wife he screws around with. Classic 1980s. :barf:
Old 13-10-2005, 02:10 AM   Senior Registered Member #194
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I saw Waiting in the theatre today. It was pretty funny. I'm sure it's going to grow on me over the next few days.

I also have to Batman Begins DVD. Amazing.
Old 14-10-2005, 01:26 AM   Officer #195
Renegade
Stock Boy

I finally saw Amelie today. Great movie. I also saw The Princess Bride. There was a thread around somewhere that convinced me to watch it. Very, very funny (props to Andre the Giant). I think it's $9.99 at Best Buy. Awesome.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 05:45 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #196
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Took you long enough to see Amelie! Brilliant movie.
Old 14-10-2005, 04:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #197
Richard
Dated

A few days ago I watched Carefree with Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Not bad. They really are good together.

Network (1976) This film is highly regarded for having an amazing screenplay, and it truly is. I remember The Black Rider making a thread about this film awhile ago and it really is a movie with amazing performances. Although not my favorite Faye Dunaway picture (hehe "Dun Fadeaway" hehe) I'm glad to know she took home an Academy Award for it.

This movie sorta reminded me of 'His Girl Friday'. The dialogue was pretty rapid and it kept me interested.

The Hill (1965) There was a Sidney Lumet tribute on TCM and this was the second picture I chose to watch. Sean Connery and Ossie Davis star. The movie itself is pretty good, I thought so, and it was a very gripping and fascinating story.

Love In The Afternoon (1957) I had pretty low expectations for this picture. Mainly due to the summary, which I just couldn't for the life of me understand, but I watched it and it was decent. Audrey Hepburn films usually are and the love story they have going on is not too shabby. Although, I thought Gary Cooper, an amazing actor as he is, his character to be a little awkward and hard to appreciate, furthermore finding romantic.

From Here To Eternity (1953) Michael Bay's 'Pearl Harbor' doesn't hold a candle to this movie. Although the actual bombings didn't start until the last 15 minutes, and I'm fully aware it's a love story, this picture is far more superior. Montgomery Clift rocks, and I seriously need to consider watching more of his films.
Old 17-10-2005, 01:40 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #198
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I saw Domino this weekend. It kicked buckets of ass.
Old 17-10-2005, 02:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #199
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Watched Minority Report for Media. Best bit was the introduction to the holographic computer displays, Cruise just standing around, looking like he was conducting an orchestra. Ending's so happy.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2005, 02:37 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #200
peach

I've seen quite many over the summer but i cant remember wich ones. Me and my sister started watching House of Wax. after 30-40 minutes it got too scary. After a few days we continued watching it, it got too disgusting. I want to finish watching it but the only way I will be able to do it is to know if there will be any surviors in the end. Does anyone know? I wont and I cant watch it otherwise.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote