Fave Keira movie - Page 5 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 11-07-2006, 02:16 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #81
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
The Hole was fucking quality. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.
The Hole was a steaming pile of shit.
Keira was good in it, but the premise was completely unbelievable. There are three bodies left in the hole...one dead from natural causes...one's head is smashed and the other is impaled on the ladder that Thora Birch's character climbed out on. I don't know how your legal system works in England, but I doubt she would have been free to roam while whats-his-face is getting grilled by the coppers.
And, all of those posters flapping in the breeze on campus when she runs in and screams, yet no one thought to take a look-see in the big metal hatch?
There were too many holes in The Hole.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #82
Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
The Hole was a steaming pile of shit.
Keira was good in it, but the premise was completely unbelievable. There are three bodies left in the hole...one dead from natural causes...one's head is smashed and the other is impaled on the ladder that Thora Birch's character climbed out on. I don't know how your legal system works in England, but I doubt she would have been free to roam while whats-his-face is getting grilled by the coppers.
And, all of those posters flapping in the breeze on campus when she runs in and screams, yet no one thought to take a look-see in the big metal hatch?
There were too many holes in The Hole.
Fair enough, so it wasn't exactly realistic. But that doesn't stop it being a good film. There are many excellent films, with dubious plots, that still have value. There is a whole genre - fantasy - that anyone would be hard pushed to take seriously, but try telling that to hard core trekkies. It's not always about the ability to believe the story, but what's behind the story, that's important.

Quote:

It's not. I'm always right about everything.
Naturally. Oh well, worth a shot.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:38 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #83
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Brad, it's a concept film. It's not supposed to be realistic, it wasn't a thriller as it ended up being marketed as. The "hole" was meant to symbolise being trapped within the teenage identity stereotypes. You have to look beyond the obvious and think laterally to appreciate it.

Incidentally no, noone would've thought to look in an abandoned bunker. Hence the word "abandoned". It would have been assumed that noone could get in. If you recall they were all impressed Martyn was able to get them in.

You also forget that she was psychologically profiled and they didn't believe she'd done anything wrong, so there was no reason to detain her. The official line was that the deaths weren't suspicious, so the only thing that was being investigated was the unlawful imprisonment.

It's not like real life justice is any different. Courtney Love was never investigated for Kurt Cobain's death, despite having motive and despite several holes in the pathology report (the amount of heroin in his bloodstream, the finger rather than thumbprint). OJ Simpson was found not guilty for Christ's sake!
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:56 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #84
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Then you need to think laterally about The Jacket.
Is Jack Starks an angel, sent to save the lives of Jackie and her mother? Or, is Jackie an angel sent to save Jack? Is he really travelling through time, or is he simply having delusions brought on by the drugs?
There are a lot of films whose concepts get lost between the screenplay and the screen. I feel like The Hole is one of those films. As far as being "trapped" in the stereotypical roles, I just don't see it. They just seemed to be stereotypes. They were all self-serving snobs. I didn't really see the characters shift at all, save for her becoming a murderous sociopath (rather than simply a sociopath) at the end.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:18 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #85
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Frankie wasn't a snobby bitch in the hole itself. That was the most obvious "shift".

I thought laterally about The Jacket. It's not that I didn't understand it. It's that it was shite. The ending and overall premise was far too sentimental (I'm a cynical cunt) and Keira's grating accent was getting on my tits.

Perhaps minus the accent it wasn't that bad after all. May give it a second viewing and just mute it whenever she speaks.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:28 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #86
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Frankie wasn't a snobby bitch in the hole itself. That was the most obvious "shift".

I thought laterally about The Jacket. It's not that I didn't understand it. It's that it was shite. The ending and overall premise was far too sentimental (I'm a cynical cunt) and Keira's grating accent was getting on my tits.

Perhaps minus the accent it wasn't that bad after all. May give it a second viewing and just mute it whenever she speaks.
She wasn't really snobby out of the hole. Remember, she helped Lizzie when the other girls made snide comments. Anyway, that's all being filtered through what the characters (Lizzie and Martyn) want us to believe anyway. Lizzie portrayed herself as an outsider but Martyn says she was "thick as theives" with Frankie. That's when we see her swilling Jack Daniels and talking with Frankie about Mike.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:55 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #87
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
She wasn't really snobby out of the hole. Remember, she helped Lizzie when the other girls made snide comments.
No, but she had her moments. The point is that it's all perception and that perception shifts at different points.

Quote:
Anyway, that's all being filtered through what the characters (Lizzie and Martyn) want us to believe anyway. Lizzie portrayed herself as an outsider but Martyn says she was "thick as theives" with Frankie. That's when we see her swilling Jack Daniels and talking with Frankie about Mike.
That's my point That's a perfect example of a "shift". There are no real "shifts", people don't change that suddenly, the point is to show you the different perspectives and filters that exist in the social framework. Frankie's bulimia is another great example. People assume beautiful people aren't insecure, but often they're the most insecure of all, especially beautiful teenagers. It's again a case of a teenage stereotype being shattered.
Old 13-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #88
jack67
Newcomer

Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest!!! Because it was great fun and action filled all the way through!!!:Hail: :Hail: :Hail:
jack67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #89
keira89

Pirates of the Caribbean the curse of the black pearl! only because I haven't seen Dead Man's chest!
keira89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 04:43 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #90
Digital_Ice

....?
Old 13-07-2006, 11:29 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #91
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Let me help you there Ice. This is what happens when we let retarded people join the forum. I'm an exception to the rule

Welcome to the circus that is the DMC newbie chaos. Don't worry. Not one of them will last more than a couple of months. If that.
Old 14-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #92
swansonben
Newcomer

i just ordered king arthur off amazon. just for keria lol. (get the unrated one if you see it). good movie. i just love to see keria in action. thats why i liked domino to .
swansonben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #93
keira89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
....?
in response to your question I believe that Dead Man's chest is better, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't say my opinion!

Hazzle, get over the retarded thing! and mostly GET A LIFE!
Old 14-07-2006, 09:41 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #94
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by keira89
in response to your question I believe that Dead Man's chest is better, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't say my opinion!

Hazzle, get over the retarded thing! and mostly GET A LIFE!
I THINK Ice was referring to Jack's post more than yours. And it wasn't a question so much as "WTF?" If you'd been here more than 5 seconds you might know what he meant.

My point about being retarded had nothing to do with you. So stop being so defensive. Perhaps you need to get a life so that what people think of you on an internet forum doesn't define who you are. Also, if you plan on sticking around here, you should know that name-calling is pretty common. Read a few threads instead of just posting on them, and perhaps you'll see what I mean.

If you don't get inside jokes, don't comment on them. Now kindly stfu.
Old 14-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #95
keira89

Ok my mistake! sorry for being a bitch!:icon_err:
Old 14-07-2006, 10:07 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #96
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

It's ok. I like bitches

Seriously, we all dish it out, we can all take it. It's just how it is.
Old 14-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #97
Violet

Good discussion guys, especially on The Hole and The Jacket.

Quote:
Then you need to think laterally about The Jacket.
Is Jack Starks an angel, sent to save the lives of Jackie and her mother? Or, is Jackie an angel sent to save Jack? Is he really travelling through time, or is he simply having delusions brought on by the drugs?
There are a lot of films whose concepts get lost between the screenplay and the screen.
Perhaps this was meant as an insult to the film, but I think it sums it up perfectly. I know it irritates some people when the plot is somewhat ambiguous, but I find this often enhances the film. It allows viewer's to interpret it how they like, drawing them into the film much more, and creating a more satsfactory result for most viewers. Maybe the concepts are lost, or maybe they are simply open to interpretation.

Quote:
I'm a cynical cunt
Really? You are?!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 01:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #98
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Heh. Quality use of sarcasm. This one's a keeper guys
Old 14-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #99
keira89

Quote:
It's ok. I like bitches

Seriously, we all dish it out, we can all take it. It's just how it is.
I think nowadays if you aren't a bitch you're a loser because everyone else thinks you are! now how sensible is that?
Old 14-07-2006, 02:18 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #100
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

It's always possible to be both...not that I'm suggesting you are or anything. :icon_err: