Girls - What Don't You Like on Guys? - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls

Keira Girls A board exclusively for our female members to call home!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-2006, 11:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #41
gracie
Goddess
 
gracie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston/Minneapolis
Posts: 217
I think men and women all share the same problems. Lately, I've been feeling more and more that there is actually very little diffrence between men and women in relation to the way we treat people. People treat others like shit because we're all essentially unhappy and don't know how to make ourselves happy. Ultimately we blame those around us instead of ourselves and make our friends, partners and lovers feel like shit. Which will really never work out in the end. If we could all just sit down and really think about what would make us happy, genuinely happy and then either accept that we will never have it or change our lives to acheive happiness- a lot of problems in relationships (friendships or otherwise) would be fixed.
As for men generally, I enjoy them physically. I dont like overweight men or thin penises. But thats just physical. I dont like people who are self-important, assholes, selfish or hypocritical. Probably I destest these characteristics in others because I'm aware that i have those same tendencies.
__________________
Haven’t had a dream in a long time
See, the life I’ve had
Can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
Lord knows, it would be the first time
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 04:18 AM   #42
CollisionStar
Member
 
CollisionStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hometown is Houston, going to school in San Antonio
Posts: 92
I'm not the person to know what I do and don't like. I'm more 'lost' than Matthew Fox in Hawaii....>.>

Anyway, all I really know is I don't like the fact that guys tend to not want to be experimental. Not in the sexual sense, but with their clothing or general appearance.

The biggest advice I give to my guy buds is "Act Gay". I know it doesn't apply to all girls, but I know far too many who would love that.
__________________
-+Sister+-
-+I'm Not Much A Poet+-
-+But A Criminal+-
CollisionStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #43
14Lauren14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
yeah i usually dont have a problem with guys because i never take our relationship as seriously as he does. i usually pick a guy less attractive then me, because it seems like he cares more about me, and he'll do stuff i tell him to do. i actually got my ex to wear tighter pants (but hey he did wear baggy ones) and wax his eyebrows ( i hate hairy eyebrows) and i think i made him look hotter. also the advantage of picking a less hot guy (i dont mean ugly, just less than you) is they dont say sexist stuff or comments against chicks because im a feminist and i hate stuff like that. the point is ladies, youll have a better time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #44
14Lauren14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
i Forgot...

also i want to say, i hate guys with:
-baggy pants (not tight, just more fitted)
-hairy eyebrows
-those stupid goatees
-fauxhawks (hey i love punk, just that look says poser)
-earrings
-bodyodor
-sweat (i sweat cuz i run x-country, so one of us has to smell good)
-overdoing the cologne
-sexist attitudes
-REALLY clingy attitudes
-big biceps or pecks, althought i love strongs abs and legs
  Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #45
calereneau
Member
 
calereneau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 241
I'm okay with

"Hey, you have some quirks we should work on"

but not

"I'm going to make a sweeping generality about your character based on your looks and then force you to do everything that I command you to do to enhance your personal appearance so that you look like the type of guy that I wouldn't date because guys who look like you only care about themselves!"

"I Usually pick a guy less attractive."

As if we're all just standing around waiting for you to turn us into Ken dolls.

(btw. welcome to the forums!!....ignore mean people.)
</vent>

I'm curious though, aside from physical stuff, is there anything besides high/low confidence that has an adverse effect on the ladies? You know, humor, courteous, etc. What's the verdict on those things, all?
__________________
Like Lucky Charms...Only Yummier!
calereneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #46
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
I'm currently sort of in a mood where I hate everything about guys in general.

But. Usually, I hate stupid guys, I hate overly romantic guys, and I hate guys who are like, big macho partiers.

And I hate when you try and make something really clear to a guy, and he just refuses to get it. Open your eyes, you stupid fuckers.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:50 PM   Senior Registered Member #47
Jacoby
'The Flapper'
 
Jacoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,647
Yeah, you say you're a feminist, but it sounds more fascist to me.
__________________
I'm only here to remind Brad to take his protein pills daily.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #48
calereneau
Member
 
calereneau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Yeah, you say you're a feminist, but it sounds more fascist to me.

Daym!

JACOBY: 1 NEW GIRL: 0
__________________
Like Lucky Charms...Only Yummier!
calereneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #49
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Lauren14
yeah i usually dont have a problem with guys because i never take our relationship as seriously as he does. i usually pick a guy less attractive then me, because it seems like he cares more about me, and he'll do stuff i tell him to do. i actually got my ex to wear tighter pants (but hey he did wear baggy ones) and wax his eyebrows ( i hate hairy eyebrows) and i think i made him look hotter. also the advantage of picking a less hot guy (i dont mean ugly, just less than you) is they dont say sexist stuff or comments against chicks because im a feminist and i hate stuff like that. the point is ladies, youll have a better time.
Christ. I mean, I'm a little picky, I'd say, but you're just like...obnoxious.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 05:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #50
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by iximisspiggyixi
I'm currently sort of in a mood where I hate everything about guys in general.

But. Usually, I hate stupid guys, I hate overly romantic guys, and I hate guys who are like, big macho partiers.

And I hate when you try and make something really clear to a guy, and he just refuses to get it. Open your eyes, you stupid fuckers.
you'll hate overly romantic guys til you date one that never even opens a door for you, then you'll bitch about having no romance

teeter totter!
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #51
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
you'll hate overly romantic guys til you date one that never even opens a door for you, then you'll bitch about having no romance

teeter totter!
I knew you'd comment on whatever I said.

And no, I can open my own doors, thanks.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 06:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #52
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Yeah, you say you're a feminist, but it sounds more fascist to me.
Heh. Nice one. Glad to see you've taken to welcoming the newbies in proper style too. Unlike the rest of these chummy cunts.

Cal wtf is that about working on quirks? The bitch either better accept I am what I am, or fuck off and find someone else. Quirks are often what you love most about someone. The only thing I'd accept working on is my temper, fighting and arguing and stuff, because that actually damages the relationship. But if she doesn't like certain personality quirks? She can fuck right off. Plenty more fish and all that.

Lauren, you date guys less attractive than you? But I thought Joseph Merrick was dead?!

Oh wait, I found someone who'd be perfect for you.



Lots of flaws to work on He's not less attractive than you but he might let you change stuff about him. You've got a chance, although it is slim, I'll grant you.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #53
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Heh. Nice one. Glad to see you've taken to welcoming the newbies in proper style too. Unlike the rest of these chummy cunts.

Cal wtf is that about working on quirks? The bitch either better accept I am what I am, or fuck off and find someone else. Quirks are often what you love most about someone. The only thing I'd accept working on is my temper, fighting and arguing and stuff, because that actually damages the relationship. But if she doesn't like certain personality quirks? She can fuck right off. Plenty more fish and all that.

Lauren, you date guys less attractive than you? But I thought Joseph Merrick was dead?!

Oh wait, I found someone who'd be perfect for you.



Lots of flaws to work on He's not less attractive than you but he might let you change stuff about him. You've got a chance, although it is slim, I'll grant you.
Haha.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #54
calereneau
Member
 
calereneau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Cal wtf is that about working on quirks?
I said that that is understandable....don't get me wrong, I'm all for liking a person for who they are, but hating a person as who they are and changing them into who you want them to be is another thing.

Don't hate me Hazzle. I am not the enemy. THEY are!

And my name is Cale you cauk.
__________________
Like Lucky Charms...Only Yummier!
calereneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 09:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #55
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by iximisspiggyixi
I knew you'd comment on whatever I said.

And no, I can open my own doors, thanks.
i didn't mean the door comment literally...
the second you feel unwanted or unapreciated, you'll want that "romantic" guy. also, keep in mind the difference between romantic and clingy.

and if you say "no, that's not true...i dont want him to do things for me", you're lying to yourself :P
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #56
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
i didn't mean the door comment literally...
the second you feel unwanted or unapreciated, you'll want that "romantic" guy. also, keep in mind the difference between romantic and clingy.

and if you say "no, that's not true...i dont want him to do things for me", you're lying to yourself :P
Lol. Yeah, I know there's a difference between romantic and clingy. I just want a balance of some sort. A guy who's appreciating but not smothering. But when I said "overly romantic", I didn't mean like...non-chivalrous. I just can't stand guys who are disgustingly cheesy and stuff.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 09:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #57
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by iximisspiggyixi
Lol. Yeah, I know there's a difference between romantic and clingy. I just want a balance of some sort. A guy who's appreciating but not smothering. But when I said "overly romantic", I didn't mean like...non-chivalrous. I just can't stand guys who are disgustingly cheesy and stuff.
cheese isn't romance...you don't like cheesy guys...you like romance. :P
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #58
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
cheese isn't romance...you don't like cheesy guys...you like romance. :P
Ryyyyan. Must you argue with everything I say?
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 10:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #59
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by iximisspiggyixi
Ryyyyan. Must you argue with everything I say?
only when you're wrong...

ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 11:51 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #60
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
only when you're wrong...

He's kinda got you by the gonads there. Figuratively speaking, of course.

Cheese and romance are two very different things. And like Ryan said, clingy and appreciative are different too. Wanting to spend time apart, with friends or even alone, is a positive thing, and both people should be encouraged to do it. Anything less is clingy. However being romantic (be it small gestures like little notes or big ones like horse carriage rides) is a good thing.

It shows that you appreciate the other person. As long as it's not overdone. It only becomes cheese when you lack originality and spontaneity, or do it ALL the time. Like romance would be doing something nice for Valentine's Day, like a nice meal. Cheese would be buying a tacky card, roses, singing heart cushions, chocolates, teddy bears...you get the idea.

Ryan, would you disagree that women like a guy to be a LITTLE bit of a bastard? I don't understand why, but there's definitely something to the idea that if a guy's TOO nice and TOO sweet it can just get sickening, much as if a girl's too nice and lacks ANY strength of character, I find them puketastic. Plus it always makes me suspicious.

Cale - I don't hate you man. Just be a bit stronger about standing your ground. No woman is changing me. Back off bitch.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.