All the best to her and all - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:45 AM   #1
jay

All the best to her and all

I was surprised to find out that the starlet from "Pirates" is only now 19! What a talent she has and she is amongst the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

I just saw "King Arthur" and she was great in it. Just one thing bothered me and I understand most won't agree but I did not see any purpose to that love sense. Although they didn't really show anything I would hate to see Keira go down that road in her future films by doing more.

When these actress shed their clothes and put on a love-sex scene in the movies I feel that they are being taken advantage of. They are worth more then that then to have the whole world see them like that. Their honour is scared and all women should be respected.

She's so young and beautiful, I hope the industry doesn't push her to this. I would like to see her become the best actress out there because of her acting skills and not because they can get her to take her clothes off.

I know most of you don't share the same opinion as me but that's just how I feel. I'm just a guy a bit older then herself and I truly only want best for her and other women. Don't like to see them being used that way.

Peace.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
Narg
Westie Yobbo

She wasnt taken advantage of, she would of been asked if she was comfertable doing this, she most likley said yes, and then they did it, im sure if she did not want to do a love scene she would of said no. Shes comfertable with her sexuality, and dosnt mind doing a love scene if the occasion arises, "its all part of the job" she said.

people will respect her for who she is, she isnt just a pretty face, shes a wonderfully talented actor, but lets face it, the reason people look twice is her extremely extravigant looks.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:33 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
Spire
InSpire Me

There was no nudity in the scene, so it's not that bad. The reason her character makes those moves isn't really stated in the movie, but in a recent interview, she explains it. She's making a power play, she knows that if she can get to Arthur, she will be queen and her people will be safe (not that she's a leader of the Celts). So she makes those advances and doesn't come onto Lancelot because she knows he isn't going to be king.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Guinevere is supposed to be a seductive woman so she can give her people and herself a better life. And like narg said, she exposes herself when she knows its necessary, its in an interview somewhere.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:16 AM   #5
Vertical Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreNarg
a wonderfully talented actor
uh-huh...

But i do agree with this thing that it is standard in every flick you have take of your clothes... cant a movie be good without that?
Old 09-07-2004, 01:24 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Sorry, Actress.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
redgummybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreNarg
Sorry, Actress.
Don't worry about it. Actor can be used for male or female.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:58 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #8
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I thought it was random too, but now that people have posted what she explained in an interview, it makes a bit more sense. As for doing that kind of scene, it's her choice. It's not like it showed anything. If she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:54 AM   #9
jay

Look ya'll she's like the hottest honey out there so fo sizzel people be looking. Heck any guy would be a fool to give her up.

The thing is I just don't like the fact when these hotties show their stuff like that. Look I'd never turn her away, she's just to fine but I can't have a double standard. See if I had a girl I would never want her to show her stuff like that or make 'em sences and getting touched up by some actor so how can I be okay when it happens on the other side. You know what I'm saying?

I remember once Natalie Portman refused to do a sex-scence she even said she would quit the movie and they would have dropped her had not Susan Sarndon stepped up and supported her. Just look at hollywood and what they want. Not saying it's all bad just that asepct of it. Now would the same producers put their wives, daughters through the same thing? To some this exposure is nothing and just goes with the "job." Why does it have to be part of the "job?" To entertain the men? Is that a worthy cause? Is this an art? Where are these museums? Strip clubs? Yes sometimes it's part of the story but there are ways around it, doesn't need to be so explicit.

I just read in an interview that she's done way more then that in other films and some mini-series. Even at the tender age of 15 or 16 she showed her "upper" with that I am very uncomfortable with. I know it was her choice but I don't think these type of things are needed.

But for real, she's awesome, she has a wicked personality and I would love to chilll with her, she's all that.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Well since in the legend (don't know about movie), King Arthur and Guinevere are married, its hard to depict a husband and wife not having sex. And anyway, its not your body on the line here jay.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 10-07-2004, 04:57 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I think that's what people miss. It's her body, it's hers to do with as she wants...if she thinks the role needs it, she'll do it, if she doesn't, she won't. She explained why the scene was necessary (Guinevere, like most women, used sex to get what she wanted...c'mon...it's true )...it was a political tool...nothing more...nothing less.

As for the scenes she's done before...not one of them was unnecessarily explicit...so I don't get why people are getting so annoyed by this. If you don't like seeing it, don't watch the film.

But when all's said and done, it's her body. I'd hate to think she'd do sex scenes for the heck of it, but then I don't think she is...she's not being exploited, she's just in agreement with the director on this one.

And as she said elsewhere with regards to risque photoshoots...when else is a better time to do it? She's 19...she's young, she's fit (I mean that in the athletic sense) and she's only just embarking on her career. It's not like her looks have not aided her career in one bit (err...don't I recall reading Richard Curtis initially invited her to a Love Actually rehearsal because of her stomach?).

Sheesh people...her body...her choice...if you don't like it...don't watch the film. And yes...it IS art...in my view. We don't ban nude paintings, simply because they're nude...there's a difference between a nude scene done for sexual gratification of the viewers and one done for the sake of the plot.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay
Look ya'll she's like the hottest honey out there so fo sizzel people be looking. Heck any guy would be a fool to give her up.

The thing is I just don't like the fact when these hotties show their stuff like that. Look I'd never turn her away, she's just to fine but I can't have a double standard. See if I had a girl I would never want her to show her stuff like that or make 'em sences and getting touched up by some actor so how can I be okay when it happens on the other side. You know what I'm saying?

I remember once Natalie Portman refused to do a sex-scence she even said she would quit the movie and they would have dropped her had not Susan Sarndon stepped up and supported her. Just look at hollywood and what they want. Not saying it's all bad just that asepct of it. Now would the same producers put their wives, daughters through the same thing? To some this exposure is nothing and just goes with the "job." Why does it have to be part of the "job?" To entertain the men? Is that a worthy cause? Is this an art? Where are these museums? Strip clubs? Yes sometimes it's part of the story but there are ways around it, doesn't need to be so explicit.

I just read in an interview that she's done way more then that in other films and some mini-series. Even at the tender age of 15 or 16 she showed her "upper" with that I am very uncomfortable with. I know it was her choice but I don't think these type of things are needed.

But for real, she's awesome, she has a wicked personality and I would love to chilll with her, she's all that.
Your first sentence nearly made my head explode, but after I read your entire post, I have to say I agree with you somewhat. Keira's the most beautiful woman in the world, in my humble opinion, and seeing her body is quite a pleasurable sight, but her open stance on nudity at her age clashes a bit with my moral code. I'll get used to it, I suppose. Maybe I'm just jealous of the actor playing her lover, I don't know.

And I agree that nudity can be art. I just saw The Dreamers and it's definetly an artful film, even though it's focused on sex.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:36 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #13
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

If you don't like it, close your eyes. There are actresses who are comfortable doing that, and those who aren't. At least most of them are tastefully done; all of Keira's seem to have been that way (but I haven't seen The Hole).

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:57 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
Richard
Dated

Since we're on the subject of nudity on Keira(or any type of nudity for that matter) I might as well put my two cents in. I would rather prefer to not see the female celebrities I'm currently infatuated with in the nude, while there is a part of me that enjoys it... something is taken away from them that they may never regain. I might not be able to look at the them the same way again or start to lose interest, but that's stupid. I've seen "The Hole" and it's a great movie, I saw Keira's boobs and yet... I didn't care. Maybe I'm looking to much into this? I guess it's a natural part of growing up in Hollywood. I'm not complaining, and neither should anyone else. What was she, 15? Pretty young, but nothing we all haven't seen.

Last edited by Richard; 11-07-2004 at 06:16 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:26 PM   #15
Valerie
Newcomer

Well I can't really comment on the film seeing as it hasn't come out in England yet. I do believe that Keira has a right to say no or yes to a love scene, noone is pusing or forcing her to do that.

I read in an interview where she says she is happy shedding her clothes for the camera if the scene calls for if but not for magazine shoots.

Keira has only done one nude scene or topless scene and that was in the movie the Hole. She hasn't gone the Kate winslet route yet, so I don't think you should be worried. And also like someone said, it is her body, her choice, if she is comfortable with showing her body then go ahead. I don't see anything wrong with it, the human body is a beautiful thing and if you got it then by all means flaunt it.
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Uhm, she did do a few scenes showing quite a bit of flesh in Doctor Zhivago... But yes, she only does it if she knows its a necessary part of the scene.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 11-07-2004, 06:00 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #17
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Just quick comment. The boob flash in the hole was over before it started. I remember watching it and it came suddenly out of nowhere...and then it's gone and it's like "WHA?!?!" Which was the effect they were going for, methinks.

The thing is Frankie is a sexually charged girl who uses her feminine wiles to get what she wants...and yet is entirely insecure about her looks...I suppose it's to show that the high school princess/darling with all the friends isn't necessarily the most happy person...and it made me rethink my views on several bitches I knew in school.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #18
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Just quick comment. The boob flash in the hole was over before it started. I remember watching it and it came suddenly out of nowhere...and then it's gone and it's like "WHA?!?!" Which was the effect they were going for, methinks.

The thing is Frankie is a sexually charged girl who uses her feminine wiles to get what she wants...and yet is entirely insecure about her looks...I suppose it's to show that the high school princess/darling with all the friends isn't necessarily the most happy person...and it made me rethink my views on several bitches I knew in school.
And that Frankie or whatever using her feminine thingys is what Guinevere is doing to get what she wants, eg saving her people. I don't know if Guinevere is insecure about her looks... hm... SO keira knows what she's doing.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 12-07-2004, 01:18 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I saw the movie on day one, and I did not have a problem with the "scene". If you do not like something like that, do not watch it. I was comfortable with it, since there was nothing in the way of nudity. I also believe that it was psedo-essential, since according to legend, Guinevere marries Arthur, and put 2 and 2 together, and what do you get? ( off topic- I found the Matrix Reloaded scene very disturbing/no value to the movie) I believe Keira was sure she wanted to do this scene, or they wouldn't film it, simple as that( unless the producers forced her.... j/k
Old 12-07-2004, 01:47 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Yes the matrix reloaded scene was quite strange, and u got a nice look at a mans behind, which is not my cup of tea.