Geoffrey Rush in POTC2- What's that all about? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 11-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Keyser_so_so

Geoffrey Rush in POTC2- What's that all about?

Hopefully, you've all seen POTC:The curse of the black pearl. If not, leave right this thread right now to avoid spoilers of that infamous, excellent movie.

Right, those that have seen it (damn it, who hasn't?), isn't it a bit fucking stupid having Barbossa in a sequel, when he evidently snuffed it in the original? What are the writers going to think up?
"Oh, I really had another bit of the gold up my arse. That 'blood' was just my little rum satchel that hangs under my right man tittie. Honest... That rum was very cold, you know. I almost didn't have the breath to say: ' I feel... cold.'... In your face, Jack Sparrow!"

Or something along those lines.

The monkey's alright. We saw the furry fuck grab a piece of gold for himself at the end of the credits. But you can't say the monkey brought Barbossa back to life or anything, seeing as the old bastard was already skewered and heading for hell.

Your thoughts, please.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:02 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Ardnax
Sexy kitten

maybe he's just in flashbacks or something.
Ardnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:16 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #3
Digital_Ice

ghost??

hmmm.... interesting thought though....

i read somewhere that maybe the curse isnt lifted... since the monkey stole some at theend... but that sounds like bollocks to me....

on a slightly related note:

What happened to Bootstrap Bill Turner?

Bootstrap was sent to the bottom of the ocean with a cannon ball tied to his bootstraps.
But when he got to the bottom, he wouldn't have died, seeing as he was cursed.
And there was 8 years between then and when the curse was lifted...
so maybe he managed to escape???
Old 11-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
Keyser_so_so

Interesting theories. Ones I hadn't even thought of... Likely ones too! Good job, people!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
PhoeniX

He's probably a ghost yeah. But as the monkey was his, he could pass on his curse to the monkey and vice versa.

I read somewhere that Bill Nighy is going to be in it aswell. That should be good.
PhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 01:27 AM   Officer #6
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellum_851
He's probably a ghost yeah. But as the monkey was his, he could pass on his curse to the monkey and vice versa.

I read somewhere that Bill Nighy is going to be in it aswell. That should be good.
Bill Nighy was hilarious in Love Actually and some other movie I can't remember at the moment.

So yeah, maybe Geoffrey will manifest himself through the monkey.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 01:44 AM   #7
Dionysus

i think he must be a ghost, its the only thing that makes sence

kinda related: i think its safe to say keith richards WON'T be in POTC 2, perhaps 3 hopefully
how do i know this, after reading the article written by the extra that was on the set in the bar in tortuga, i am certain that if keith were in it, as jack sparrows father, he would MOST DEFFINETLY be in a bar on tortuga, and she said nothing about him being there

Also, what do you think the subtitle "Dead Mans Chest" means, the first films subtitle gave a hint of what it was about (sort of), so what do you think this one is
obviously a treasure chest, but i think it could be some lost treasure of barbarossas, after all he is dead, and he is in the film, so perhaps his ghost haunts it or something, i don't know
what do you all think?

if you like bill nighy, check out "Still Crazy" it's an awesome movie, his character is alot like that in love actually, only more rock n roll, its one of my fav movies
Old 13-04-2005, 03:25 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #8
Digital_Ice

*bursts into song...*

Quote:
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum....
this is as much of the plot as has been released officialy.. although the director keeps hinting at things..

Quote:
This time around, Johnny returns as Captain Jack Sparrow and is caught in yet another tangled web of supernatural intrigue. It turns out, Captain Jack owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. If Jack can't figure a crafty way out of this one, he'll be cursed to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation. And as if that weren't enough, Captain Jack's problems throw a huge wrench into the wedding plans of the blissful Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who quickly find themselves thrust into Jack's misadventures.
Old 13-04-2005, 05:39 AM   #9
Dionysus

Quote:
It turns out, Captain Jack owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones
it turns out...
seems a bit thrown together, and where do Barbosa, Elizabeth and Will fit in, im sure they'll tell us, but i just hope it isnt shithouse, i have a feeling it may be a little... again, thrown together, though i very much hope i'm proved wrong
Old 13-04-2005, 06:05 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #10
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
and where do Barbosa, Elizabeth and Will fit in
Quote:
And as if that weren't enough, Captain Jack's problems throw a huge wrench into the wedding plans of the blissful Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who quickly find themselves thrust into Jack's misadventures.
but that doesnt actually EXPLAIN anything and the barbosa thing has me stumped... i wish theyd stop telling us its a suprise and give us some proper info...

im pretty sure barbosa must be a ghost or something, seign as his part isnt a major one.
Quote:
"Yes, I’m doing the sequel with my little monkey again. A small part."
Old 13-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #11
Keyser_so_so

Okay, I think you lot are correct in saying Geffas will be a ghost in number 2... But I'm also still slightly worried about how he'll appear in it- not visually, I mean the time he does. If he's doing a 'small part' of the film, then where is it going to fit in?

Perhaps the first sequel may be interesting afterall. I'm very glad that we've also found out that 2 and 3 aren't being shot back to back. Hopefully there'll be quite a large time difference between the two.
Old 15-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #12
Allanon

Will and Elizabeth fits into the story because after all who saved Jacks ass in the first movie. So there is no reason we he shouldn´t seek there help ones again. So him throwing a wrench into the wedding plans isn´t that strange now is it.
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote