If you're at work... or should be working... don't do this. - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #21
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
The French have imaging sattelites in orbit and will sell the pictures to anyone of pretty much anywhere.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:29 AM   #22
IBO
Member
 
IBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 205
this is the coolest thing ever! EVER!
________
LAMBORGHINI FLYING STAR II
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:02 AM   Officer #23
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
…rambling…
If you like it or not, google maps “could” be used to choose a new target for an terrorist attack,… ,its an easy and a cheap way to choose a target, they will try to get access to better (and more expensive) satellite images if they needed them,…, but these satellite images in combination with GPS are more than enough.
The public has access (can buy) to satellite images till a certain resolution (detail grade) if they want to get higher ones than they need to contact certain agencies with a very good reason and probably a lot of money.
Now because Google maps only exist for the usa and Canada (for now), would I not be wondered if they made a fuss about it. Because in the states they are pretty paranoia…

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Next time you say things in another language, because its obviously something you don't want me to read, i shall delete it.
I’ll translate it for you: I basically said that you were an frustrated idiot, and i made a laugh with the English language you used.
I don’t like people who call me a fucktard with out a reason.
__________________
....-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.....
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:13 AM   Senior Registered Member #24
Ashley
Senior Member
 
Ashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 594
Ordinary maps can be used for the same thing but no one makes a fuss about those.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #25
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
I think FF's talking more about exact buildings, since most ordinary maps I've seen are just streets and road names. Its a point, but I think it doesn't pose such a large threat as made out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #26
Ashley
Senior Member
 
Ashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 594
I don't think it's a real threat. Being as I could go down to the gas station and pick up a map with main building actually highlighted. They came in handy when I went to Denver and had no idea where I was.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #27
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Their addresses are a bit skewed. Where I work is actually just above the two white blips, which are our delivery vans. Worky, worky.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #28
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
Goodie, now we can track down hasselbrad's boss and tell him to monitor what sites hassel visits during work :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #29
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
Goodie, now we can track down hasselbrad's boss and tell him to monitor what sites hassel visits during work :P
Sweet...maybe he'll fire me and I can collect unemployment.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 11:40 AM   Senior Registered Member #30
DefyingGravity
Senior Member
 
DefyingGravity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 344
This is entertaining... I found a local amusement park...

edit: WTF I FOUND MY HOUSE
__________________
27th Member of Keira Knightley's Posse
DefyingGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:27 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #31
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!

lol, i didn't feel the need to start a new thread, but i thought i'd share this that i found on google maps. (due to the way they've updated maps.google.com, you cant post urls anymore, so you'll have to trust that this is not faked)

FROM: HELL

Drive:
256 mi – about 4 hours 21 mins
256 mi – about 4 hours 21 mins
1. Head east on Patterson Lake Rd toward Silver Hill Rd
2.2 mi
2 mins
2. Continue on Darwin Rd
0.5 mi
1 min
3. Turn right at Dexter Pinckney Rd
8.1 mi
13 mins
4. Continue on Main St
0.3 mi
5. Turn right at Baker Rd
2.9 mi
5 mins
6. Turn right to merge onto I-94 E toward Ann Arbor
12.2 mi
12 mins
7. Take exit 180 A-B to merge onto US-23 S toward Toledo
Entering Ohio

51.8 mi
46 mins
8. Take the exit onto I-75 S toward Dayton
169 mi
2 hours 39 mins
9. Take exit 22 for Tylersville Rd toward Mason
0.4 mi
1 min
10. Turn left at Tylersville Rd
3.7 mi
9 mins
11. Turn right at Mason-Montgomery Rd
1.5 mi
3 mins
12. Turn left at Socialville Foster Rd
1.5 mi
5 mins
13. Turn right at Columbia Rd
1.1 mi
2 mins
14. Turn right at OH-3/US-22
0.3 mi
1 min
15. Turn right at Townsley Dr
404 ft
16. Turn right at Heaven

TO: HEAVEN
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:48 AM   #32
cdog
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
they won't shut it down... it's been around for 3+ years now already.

download the 'Google Earth' program... it's really cool.
cdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.