Fav. Actors/Actresses and Directors - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #21
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Actors: Val Kilmer, Bill Murray, Steve Buscemi, Gary Sinise, Gary Oldman, Gene Hackman and Jason Lee are names I haven't seen mentioned whose work I enjoy.
How did I forget Jason Lee? He's one of my top three. He used to be a professional skateboarder, too. He started up again.
Old 26-03-2005, 08:03 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

This isn't a double post.

Director: Darren Aronofsky.

Probably the best director ever. He did Requiem for a Dream and Pi. I just watched Requiem again today, and, oh man. It's intense.
Old 26-03-2005, 08:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #23
Louie

Actors - Leonardo Dicaprio, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Samuel Jackson, Denzel Washington, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Jude Law, Jake Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey.

Actresses - Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman, Uma Thurman, Renee Zellweger, Selma Hayek.

Directors - Tim Burton, Quentin Terentino, Steven Spielberg
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 08:20 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #24
Digital_Ice

i knew i'd forgotten some...

Darren Aronofsky
Quentin Tarentino
Old 26-03-2005, 09:06 PM   Senior Registered Member #25
hannahjane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
i knew i'd forgotten some...

Darren Aronofsky
Quentin Tarentino
Tarantion...the Kill Bill volume's are amazing, but you have to admit that guy's completely fucked in the head, not "amazing". Love the films though , so, er, does that make me the same?

Actors:
Ryan Phillippe (I'm in love; plus he was FANTASTIC as Sebastien Valmont, CI)
Johnny Depp (best actor in the world; fit and talented!)
Leonardo Dicaprio
Sean Penn
Dustin Hoffman
Owen Wilson
Jude Law
Adam Brody
Benicio Del Toro (sp?)
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon
Daniel Craig
Paul Bettany

Actresses:
Keira Knightley
Angelina Jolie
Nicole Kidman
Naomi Watts
Uma Thurman
Alicia Silverstone
Jennifer Connelly

Directors:
Roger Krumble
Tarentino
Clint Eastwood

I'm sure there's countless others....I just can't think right now. I'll update. Suprised by people dissing the movie Lost In Translation. Although, it has been a while since I've seen it. My feelings change from it being a great, thought-enciting and promoting movie too a boring, yawn infested sit-through. At the moment I'm going with the first.
hannahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 02:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #26
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby

Probably the best director ever. He did Requiem for a Dream and Pi. I just watched Requiem again today, and, oh man. It's intense.
Damn you. I wanna see Pi.

Anyways, I have an update on a director as well. Howard Hawks. Monkey Business is a hidden gem, and Bringing Up Baby is arguably the best comedy ever made. Jesus that was a great movie.
Old 27-03-2005, 02:35 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #27
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I've changed my mind. After talking to her, Laura Prepon is definitely my favorite actress.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 11:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #28
hannahjane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
I've changed my mind. After talking to her, Laura Prepon is definitely my favorite actress.
Sorry for my ignorance....Laura Prepon? Wait, is she of That 70's Show? If so, yeah she's funny. As is everyone on that show. What else has she been in?
Old 27-03-2005, 06:08 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #29
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

She just created and produced a new (better, imho) poker show. Otherwise, mostly independant films (which I much prefer). Perhaps you know her from "Slackers?" She produces and has plans to write and direct. Plus, she's totally awesome and we totally hit it off - she's definitely someone I admire and now that I have met her, look up to. I'm meeting with her again in a few weeks for lunch.

Check out my blog:
Old 27-03-2005, 07:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #30
Richard
Dated

I've seen Slackers. It was a side of Laura you don't see on That 70s Show.

Lunch!?! Next thing you know you'll have her cell phone number.
Old 27-03-2005, 09:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #31
hannahjane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
She just created and produced a new (better, imho) poker show. Otherwise, mostly independant films (which I much prefer). Perhaps you know her from "Slackers?" She produces and has plans to write and direct. Plus, she's totally awesome and we totally hit it off - she's definitely someone I admire and now that I have met her, look up to. I'm meeting with her again in a few weeks for lunch.
Haven't seen Slackers, but I'll be sure to check it out if I get the opportunity, now that you've said she's in it. It's great that she "plans to direct and write"; I love it when actors can broaden their talents, I have much more respect for them, because so many working actors these days seem to be, um, mediocre in their ability to actually act (as opposed to stand around, pout, look pretty, and pout a bit more....or, in the case of men, stand around, pout, look pretty, and pout a bit more!!! lol. Oh, and flex a bit of bicep!).

Anyway, yeah I really admire writers and directors. (Which reminds me, I can't believe I forget to put Spielberg in for Fav Directors! He's a highly unoriginal choice, I'm sure, but still the best out there).

So Kels, how is it that you met her? Seems intriguing....do you meet loads of these showbiz types then coz you live in Cali?

And, finally, *winces* briefly off topic, but I'm sure you'll drag it back on - is your av a screen shot? Or does SJ actually smoke?
Old 29-03-2005, 05:13 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #32
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Yeah, I definitely love when actors decide to pursue other things in the industry, that's a big part of the reason I have so much respect for the people I do. Richard, I have her manager's personal cell and e-mail...so I guess I'm half way there right? And I'm working on getting hers. "Slackers" is kind of blah, it's pretty funny though. One of her earlier films. HannahJane, I met her pretty much because I was going to the show and really wanted to meet her. I happen to be the editor of my school paper so I used that to kind of get my foot in the door. Ended up getting on the VIP list, back stage, and talked to her for over an hour. I don't meet loads of these people, but when I get the chance I take it. The same day I met Laura, I happened to come across Sandra Bullock getting her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Everyone was yelling her name and telling her they love her, so I figured it would be a good time to inform her that I'm going to work for her. She asked for my name. Score. I also got myself into a conversation lasting about 5 minutes with Demi Moore about how the episode turned out. Pretty cool. It doesn't really matter where you live, if you have the opportunity to get your foot in the door, you've just got to take it, and if you come across a famous person, act like you're the President of the company that writes them a huge check. It's really easy to screw things up and act like an idiot, but if you say the right things and act like you should be respected, you're gonna be taken seriously. Anyways, enough rambling on for one day.

And as for my av, it's a screenshot from "Lost in Translation" (the fantastic bar scene), though I wouldn't be surprised if she smokes in real life.

Check out my blog:
Old 02-05-2005, 03:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #33
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
This isn't a double post.

I know, I know... bumped.

Requiem for a Dream got a unanimous vote in my apartment in that everyone wanted to vomit afterwards. I liked it though, but nothing I'd watch over and over again.... I do need to see Pi however.

Another addition to my actresses list: Audrey Tautou. Holy Christ, what is she not good in? He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not is fantastic. Go rent it.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote