Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt? - Page 5 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

View Poll Results: Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt a child?
YES! 39 66.10%
NO! 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-04-2006, 06:53 PM   Senior Registered Member #81
Arbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramouche
oh it's not harsh on me.
and you don't get bullied any more, and I live in a very religious, very republican city.

So really, you are both wrong.
yea...fair shout...it does depends on where you live n shit...but i bet that a lot of the time...the kid will get bullied, which is really unfair!

But this is my point of view...i wouldn't want gay parents to be quite honest with you...it just wouldn't feel right ya know
Old 16-04-2006, 07:34 PM   Officer #82
EmotionSickness
Cutie

I don't have an opinion on this right now. Sounds silly, but it's true.

I'm inclined to say no, for a plethora of reasons (most of which Liam has already voiced), but to be completely honest, I don't spend much time thinking about issues involving homosexuals.
Old 17-04-2006, 12:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #83
Arbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness

I'm inclined to say no, for a plethora of reasons (most of which Liam has already voiced), but to be completely honest, I don't spend much time thinking about issues involving homosexuals.
.......fair shout
Old 17-04-2006, 03:59 AM   #84
Scaramouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbery
yea...fair shout...it does depends on where you live n shit...but i bet that a lot of the time...the kid will get bullied, which is really unfair!

But this is my point of view...i wouldn't want gay parents to be quite honest with you...it just wouldn't feel right ya know

But you also wouldn't have been raised the same, and it would be natural if you didn't know what you know now. [like if you were with them since you were a baby.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness

Why not? Why does it matter if it invloves them. That's discrimination, that's like saying "I don't spend much time thinking about issues involving asains". But then again, most of the people who said no are probably sexist, homophoic, bigots.

[and I'm not trying to be rude. I'm sorry if it sounds that way, but I have very strong opinions with facts to support them. much love everyone]
Scaramouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 04:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #85
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
most of the people who said no are probably sexist, homophoic, bigots.

[and I'm not trying to be rude. I'm sorry if it sounds that way, but I have very strong opinions with facts to support them. much love everyone]
Okay, I guess I'm on your side with this matter, but please, calm down. First of all, saying the people who said 'no' are sexist, biggots and what not is generalizing...which is the exact thing you're pissed off about in the first place. Nobody likes a hypocrit. Secondly, you cannot have opinions with facts to support them. An opinion cannot be supported by a fact, otherwise it would just be a fact.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 04:42 AM   Officer #86
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Quote:
Why not? Why does it matter if it invloves them. That's discrimination, that's like saying "I don't spend much time thinking about issues involving asains". But then again, most of the people who said no are probably sexist, homophoic, bigots.
Haha. Wow. I'm aloud to have an opinion.. or no opinion if I so choose. The rights of homosexuals does not in any way, shape, or form affect me at the moment, and that goes both ways (whether they're allowed to get married/adopt or not, it's not going to have an impact on my life. Sorry.) Personally, I feel there are far more important issues and topics of politically-motivated conversation in the world today for me to occupy my mind with.

Feeling this way doesn't make me a bigot, whatsoever. If anything, it makes you seem very ignorant and narrow-minded for not accepting the fact that not EVERYONE is going to agree with you... "facts" or no facts. End of story.
Old 17-04-2006, 10:32 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #87
Foeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Why ignore something that exists and is perfectly normal? Maybe we should forbid handicapped children to go to school, because they could be bullied…
Homosexuality is not normal. It's a perversion from nature.
I strongly believe that the best thing for a child is to be raised in a family with both a mother and a father. A child needs input from both males and females in their family. Sometimes it will work out, granted. Sometimes, mostly, it won't. Just as it isn't the best thing for a child to have two mums or two dads, hence the lack of either male or female input, it's not the best for a child to live with a single parent. That situation is different because that parent very likely will find a new husband/wife.
Scaramouche, you are just as intolerant as you accuse us of being. Your opinion isn't more right than any of ours. The only one with that privilege is duckula
Old 17-04-2006, 11:15 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #88
Foeni

That's because you find the extreme situations.
If two people of the same sex was meant to have children together, it would be possible from nature.
Old 17-04-2006, 11:57 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #89
Foeni

I highly doubt that...
Old 17-04-2006, 04:06 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #90
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I think you two are in love and should get married
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 04:52 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #91
Foeni

Wouldn't that break your heart?
Old 17-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #92
Scaramouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Okay, I guess I'm on your side with this matter, but please, calm down. First of all, saying the people who said 'no' are sexist, biggots and what not is generalizing...which is the exact thing you're pissed off about in the first place. Nobody likes a hypocrit. Secondly, you cannot have opinions with facts to support them. An opinion cannot be supported by a fact, otherwise it would just be a fact.
Yes, I was generalizing, I recognize that. I would have stated it [because usually i do when i make generalizations]. I'm sorry. I just get really steamed on this subject.

It's natural! We have found other animals to be homosexual. Romans used to think homosexuality was a higher form of life. People who are GLBT (gay lesbian bi trans) do not choose to be that way. It is not something you can choose.

And I do have more say in this subject because i've been through it all my life. I have experiance. I am only 14 and might not be able to word what i'm trying to say, but I can tell you. GLTB couples, parents, are perfectly normal.
Old 17-04-2006, 10:44 PM   Officer #93
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Quote:
And I do have more say in this subject because i've been through it all my life. I have experiance. I am only 14 and might not be able to word what i'm trying to say, but I can tell you. GLTB couples, parents, are perfectly normal.
Perfectly normal to YOU, that is. There is no conclusive scientific evidence regarding homosexuals and issues concerning them (anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it).

You need to understand that this is a very hot topic and, more importantly, not everyone is going to agree with your view that homosexuality is a perfectly normal thing. In fact, there is evidence (again, NOT CONCLUSIVE) that says otherwise (i.e. a homosexual male's anterior hypothalamus tends to be the same size as a heterosexual female's, but I'm not going to get into that right now).

I know you feel strongly about this because this issue hits close to home for you, and I feel for you, but you are NEVER going to get ANYWHERE by lashing out and calling others who do not support your OPINIONS bigots.
Old 17-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #94
Scaramouche

generlizations dear, I already stated that I made one.
I don't hate anyone [I don't think that's possible for me].
Old 17-04-2006, 11:25 PM   Senior Registered Member #95
Swordsman
Voted Best!

i didn't read any of the other posts but...

i don't see the problem with letting two people love each other.
Old 17-04-2006, 11:30 PM   Officer #96
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Hmm. Perhaps you should go back and read some of the posts and the title of the thread, Swordsman, seeing as how this isn't a thread about homosexual unions, but about your opinion on homosexuals being able to adopt children.
Old 18-04-2006, 03:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #97
Swordsman
Voted Best!

...DAMMIT! yeah, i should've at least read the title correctly... but now you know i think they should marry. let them adopt.

thank you EmotionSickness
Old 18-04-2006, 06:38 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #98
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
oh it's not harsh on me.
and you don't get bullied any more, and I live in a very religious, very republican city.

So really, you are both wrong.
Good for you, but the one who's wrong is you. One case does not make a rule, and arguing like it does puts your entire argument on thin ice.

Personally, I find it hard to make up my mind about this matter. On the one hand, there are some other animals that engage in homosexual relationships, granted, but then they don't exactly raise children as far as I know. There is counterevidence suggesting that gay people are really biologically deviant. My stance in homosexuality in general is 'good on ya, now go bother someone else'. I don't care. I don't care if you're straight or gay, and I don't care about people telling me either.

However, I don't know about allowing homosexuals to adopt kids. My one big issue with it is that there are enough children who have been through more than their share of misery, having lousy examples for parents. If your dad's been hitting your mum and getting drunk on a daily basis, being raised by two women afterwards might influence the way you go about a) being a man, or b) acting towards men (if the child's a girl). Why put more adaptational problems in these children's ways? Most children aren't in shelters because they've had such a great life full of fantastic role models.
Old 18-04-2006, 11:45 AM   Senior Registered Member #99
Arbery

Quote:
But you also wouldn't have been raised the same, and it would be natural if you didn't know what you know now. [like if you were with them since you were a baby.]
Yea...but when your older and start learning about these things and then realised its happened to you...no matter how nice they are and how well you've been bought up...you'll prolly still think about it and think of lots of issues or something...but then again you might not...but i would. And when people you know find out about it and start learning about it...they could (not saying they would) but they could start taking the piss outta you for it
Old 18-04-2006, 12:11 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #100
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

How many gay people have gay parents, not many my guess
How many gay people have been gay their whole life, most of them
How many gay people were influenced to be gay by gay people, not many
A child raised by a gay couple would be understanding of different
ways of life, to be tolerant to other people, not prejudge people.
Sounds like a person I would call a good friend
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote